Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Palski

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby Palski » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:39 pm

[quote="SaraG1000"]What has happened to the profession of reporting the news? I was fed up with CNN earlier this week when Trump supporters were interviewed and the reporters asked questions and didn't require any feedback. Today, I watched a MSNBC reporter interview Trump supporters in Harrisburg using the same style of interviewing. In each instance, the reporter asked a question and accepted whatever ridiculous response she was given. There was no follow up question. So, the reporter today (cannot remember who she was) was talking to a man who said: "Trump is successful, has chosen great people for his cabinet, has made our allies respect us more and our enemies fear us." I was waiting for the reporter to ask him, which allies he thinks respect us more, which enemies fear us, and what evidence he has to support those opinions. Instead, she just moved on to the next person. I guess all they have to do to be a reporter is know how to point the microphone and ask a basic question. They don't need to know how to follow up on the answer. Either they don't care, don't think the viewers care, don't think the viewers notice or they aren't even listening to the people they interview. To me interviews like that are pointless because no knowledge is presented on either side when people are not made to defend their statements with facts or give a reason why they believe a certain way. Even if someone defends a statement with an opinion that we think is a stupid opinion, it says more than just letting the statement stand as is. I was raised to believe I have to know why I believe a certain thing, even if I might be wrong. Hope this doesn't sound jumbled or confusing but I'm still so disappointed with the coverage that I had to vent here and find out if anyone else agrees.[/quote

Sara, I would like that, too. Critical thinking may become a casualty in the world of sound bites.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
happens wrote:
shalaydra75 wrote:What do you guys feel about Jason Chaffetz’s statement, there is “No Evidence Flynn Complied with The Law?” Do you guys think that the Republican Party will grow a spine?

If there's no evidence Flynn complied with the law, that means he didn't comply with the law. In other words he broke the law. Since Chaffetz says there's evidence then Flynn needs to be prosecuted. Yes I think the Republicans will prosecute but not because they grew a spine. They'll prosecute only if it furthers their agenda. Not because it's the right thing to do.

I feel the same way. IMO, if the Democrats do not take over Congress in 2018, DT will finally become the billionaire he pretends to be by selling our security to Russia and economy to the Chinese.
So true. He doubled the fee at his Palm Beach castle and reporters spotted two leaders from Latin America. Access is cheap, too.
May I add Saudi Arabia? :evil:

We need to turn out the votes.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm

PS He has eight companies registered in Saudi Arabia. (The Hill)

Palski

Postby Palski » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Trump has just invited Duterte of the Phillipines to the white house! Invited.

The man runs death squads. (Slate, huff). This guy is not only anathema to human rights orgs he's a psychopath!

This is a continuation of his admiration for dangerous autocrats/dictators.

Just like the ties of his cabinet Russia are a coincidence.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Palski wrote:Trump has just invited Duterte of the Phillipines to the white house! Invited.

The man runs death squads. (Slate, huff). This guy is not only anathema to human rights orgs he's a psychopath!

This is a continuation of his admiration for dangerous autocrats/dictators.

Just like the ties of his cabinet Russia are a coincidence.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is he coming to the real White House or the "winter white house?" I wonder how safe it is to have foreign dignitaries housed at the fake white house instead of the real one. We are probably paying for all the extra security that has to be made to accommodate these people. Trump and his family need to keep their butts in the official white house.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”