Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
SaraG1000

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby SaraG1000 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 pm

kenya12 wrote:
loveridge wrote:Once again the emperor has no clothes the NFL commissioner said today that no NFL players should be penalize if they take a knee or not stand for the national anthem so once again trump you lose :lol: :lol: :lol: and it was never about the flag anyway it was about social injustice
:lol: :lol: Exactly how are you going to tell grown men what they can and cannot do they have freedom of speech as long as it is being done peacefully and like you said it was not about disrespecting the flag they were protesting police brutality and why the need to play the national anthem for every game anyway save that for the olympics or something to me the whole thing is archaic get with the times why dont they

I've been saying that for years. Just play the anthem during the Olympics or World Competitions. People go to see a game and that's what they pay attention to. Few people even know the third verse of the anthem is racist in content. As for the first two verses, I'll bet most don't really know what they are singing or even know all the words. They just fake their way through the song. Many people are not following any of the traditional rules for displaying the flag and they don't even know that rules exist. During the Memorial Day holiday, there were even flag tablecloths, paper plates, etc. All this fake patrotism is becoming annoying.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”