Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Mamacub16

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby Mamacub16 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:21 pm

BrianRose wrote:To two-faced, contemptuous, hypocrite Lindsey Graham who said to Democrats in Brett Kavanaugh's supreme court nominee hearing that, "If You Want To Pick Judges… Win An Election,” I say that's super rich coming from him and from any other Republican who feels that way.

The Democrats' resounding response to Graham in that hearing should have been:

"News Flash, DEMOCRATS DID WIN AN ELECTION; THEY WON THE 2012 ELECTION, and they didn't have to collude/conspire with Russia to do so. As you recall, Democratic President Barack Obama was President of the United States and had almost a year to go in his term when he nominated Judge Merrick Garland as a supreme court nominee, but you Republicans in Congress REFUSED to hold proceedings of ANY kind on Garland's appointment. And, unlike Trump, President Obama was not the subject of ANY criminal investigations and was not attempting to put a nominee in place to save himself from being indicted, criminally prosecuted and/or impeached or put a nominee in place who might possibly vote to allow him to actually pardon himself for criminal activity."

Brianrose, you can't see me right now but I am standing and applauding you!! I watched most of the hearings and what Lindsey Graham said made me irate. What McConnell did to President Obama and Merrick Garland was DESPICABLE! Republicans are unabashed LIARS and CHEATERS. Why do we, AMERICANS let them get away with it? They have zero shame. Republicans have only won the popular vote ONE out of SEVEN presidential elections yet they've appointed 3 justices and if the radical, activist Kavanaugh is confirmed, they will have appointed 4 justices without having a legitimate mandate. How do these Republicans live with themselves? How do they look their children and grandchildren in the eyes? Are they that desperate to win that they will sell their soul?

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Mamacub16 wrote:
BrianRose wrote:To two-faced, contemptuous, hypocrite Lindsey Graham who said to Democrats in Brett Kavanaugh's supreme court nominee hearing that, "If You Want To Pick Judges… Win An Election,” I say that's super rich coming from him and from any other Republican who feels that way.

The Democrats' resounding response to Graham in that hearing should have been:

"News Flash, DEMOCRATS DID WIN AN ELECTION; THEY WON THE 2012 ELECTION, and they didn't have to collude/conspire with Russia to do so. As you recall, Democratic President Barack Obama was President of the United States and had almost a year to go in his term when he nominated Judge Merrick Garland as a supreme court nominee, but you Republicans in Congress REFUSED to hold proceedings of ANY kind on Garland's appointment. And, unlike Trump, President Obama was not the subject of ANY criminal investigations and was not attempting to put a nominee in place to save himself from being indicted, criminally prosecuted and/or impeached or put a nominee in place who might possibly vote to allow him to actually pardon himself for criminal activity."

Brianrose, you can't see me right now but I am standing and applauding you!! I watched most of the hearings and what Lindsey Graham said made me irate. What McConnell did to President Obama and Merrick Garland was DESPICABLE! Republicans are unabashed LIARS and CHEATERS. Why do we, AMERICANS let them get away with it? They have zero shame. Republicans have only won the popular vote ONE out of SEVEN presidential elections yet they've appointed 3 justices and if the radical, activist Kavanaugh is confirmed, they will have appointed 4 justices without having a legitimate mandate. How do these Republicans live with themselves? How do they look their children and grandchildren in the eyes? Are they that desperate to win that they will sell their soul?

Hi Mamacub16, like you, I watched most of the hearings and it was infuriating how the Republicans were trying to shove Kavanaugh through without the Democratic members of the Committee having the benefit of his past records. The Republicans are ruthless and unscrupulous and I hope Democrats can reciprocate when they, hopefully, take control of the House and the Senate. Sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire! Those Trump lackey Republicans live with themselves just fine because what drives them is greed, power, and then more greed and more power. Take a look at Ted Cruz and the servile puppy he claimed not to be, which he is, and how he seems just fine now with Trump attacking his wife Heidi and his father. They won't even stand up to Trump for the people they are supposed to care most about in the world. Pathetic!

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:47 pm

happens wrote:
BrianRose wrote:
happens wrote:It sickens me to know we're getting another Republican judge that's going to shape the course of America for decades. We knew how important and powerful the judges are because Bush was elected by the Supreme Court. Yet so many Bernie or bust people in swing States like mine either sat home or voted for Trump because they were mad and sulking that Hillary won the primary. Well the Republicans were smart enough to know to hold their nose and vote. I asked my brother who's a Republican how can you vote for Trump. He said because the only alternative is Hillary and although I can't stand Trump he's going to appoint judges that I want and those judges are more important for the future than Trump being a disgusting pervert for the next four years. Even if Trump is impeached or loses reelection the damage is still done. I don't see how the damage can be undone.

It not only sickens me, Happens, it make me very angry. But Trump is what we're stuck with (for now) because some Sanders supporters were so angry that he wasn't the Democratic nominee that they either voted for Trump or didn't vote at all. Susan Sarandon, a Sanders supporter, had the audacity to say Hillary would be more dangerous than Trump. Had Hillary not gotten the nomination, and I was a supporter of hers, I would have voted for any democratic nominee over Trump. What Trump is doing, his atrocious behavior, his unpatriotic behavior, and his dictatorship style of governing should not be a surprise to ANYONE based on the type of person he showed himself to be during the campaign. It certainly wasn't a surprise to me that he backed an accused pedophile for Congress, that he is constantly spewing racist rhetoric, that he and his administration tore babies, toddlers and children away from their parents and didn't give a damn about reuniting them, or that he sides with Putin against the United States . Those federal judges he appointed for life will be with us for generations to come.

I often look at the crowds of people protesting against the injustices in the Trump administration, like the Women's March right after he was in office, and I wonder how many of these people protesting didn't bother to show up at the polls to vote to make sure he didn't put a wrecking ball to our country and our democracy, which is exactly what he is doing.

Well I hope Susan Sarandon is pleased with herself right about now for her role in helping him to get elected.

Earlier I was reading a post by a Trump supporter that said they're finding some skeletons in Booker's closet that's going to make it difficult for him to beat Trump. I about choked on my lunch. They're going to play the morals card? As if anybody in the history of the world has more skeletons in their closet than Trump are you kidding me? It's like what planet do these people live on?

It really isn't shocking to me at all. They back a man who admitted to sexually assaulting women, who mocks the disabled, who is a racist, who maligns a POW and gold star families, who stands with Putin over the United States and our Intel Agencies (and his supporters attack NFL players but see Mr. bone spurs as a patriot), and who doesn't have a relationship, at all, with the truth.

It must be Planet Trump. :lol:

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Fantastic64 wrote:
BrianRose wrote:
happens wrote:It sickens me to know we're getting another Republican judge that's going to shape the course of America for decades. We knew how important and powerful the judges are because Bush was elected by the Supreme Court. Yet so many Bernie or bust people in swing States like mine either sat home or voted for Trump because they were mad and sulking that Hillary won the primary. Well the Republicans were smart enough to know to hold their nose and vote. I asked my brother who's a Republican how can you vote for Trump. He said because the only alternative is Hillary and although I can't stand Trump he's going to appoint judges that I want and those judges are more important for the future than Trump being a disgusting pervert for the next four years. Even if Trump is impeached or loses reelection the damage is still done. I don't see how the damage can be undone.

It not only sickens me, Happens, it make me very angry. But Trump is what we're stuck with (for now) because some Sanders supporters were so angry that he wasn't the Democratic nominee that they either voted for Trump or didn't vote at all. Susan Sarandon, a Sanders supporter, had the audacity to say Hillary would be more dangerous than Trump. Had Hillary not gotten the nomination, and I was a supporter of hers, I would have voted for any democratic nominee over Trump. What Trump is doing, his atrocious behavior, his unpatriotic behavior, and his dictatorship style of governing should not be a surprise to ANYONE based on the type of person he showed himself to be during the campaign. It certainly wasn't a surprise to me that he backed an accused pedophile for Congress, that he is constantly spewing racist rhetoric, that he and his administration tore babies, toddlers and children away from their parents and didn't give a damn about reuniting them, or that he sides with Putin against the United States . Those federal judges he appointed for life will be with us for generations to come.

I often look at the crowds of people protesting against the injustices in the Trump administration, like the Women's March right after he was in office, and I wonder how many of these people protesting didn't bother to show up at the polls to vote to make sure he didn't put a wrecking ball to our country and our democracy, which is exactly what he is doing.

Hi, ya'll :) IMO, Drumpf is America's karma. Let's begin in the realm of honesty: It is neither reasonable nor realistic to believe that ANYONE, who voted for/supports the bloated/corrupted/illiterate/incompetent/bigoted/antithesis of a human being currently in occupation of "Our" Oval Office, does not possess his same beliefs. He could never've been elected otherwise. Well, also with the Electoral College, James Comey, AND the assistance of his Russian compatriots ;) Hilary Clinton received the majority of the popular vote. What's the purpose of the Electoral College again? :?: It's an arcane system that needs to be done away with. Let EVERY vote count!

Despite the hypocritical propaganda rhetoric questioning Mrs. Clinton's ethics, she was the most qualified to be POTUS. Sorry, I've nothing against Bernie, but Hilary has successfully performed at significant levels of American government for 30 yrs. She was more experienced than both Bernie Sanders AND President Obama! Donald couldn't begin to compete any of these three nor could he ever. Donald Drumpf is a Russian-owned stooge and this was confirmed at the Helsinki summit. I only hope that he's not a Manchurian candidate assigned to deconstruct Our Democracy piece by piece :? I don't know what's going to unfold in the coming months/years, but it is my belief that it won't be positive and that we as a Country will suffer UNLESS--those who support this Dysfunctional Fool stop doing so in the interest of ALL Americans. This is MHO....

I totally agree with you about Hillary Clinton's qualifications, and when you put Hillary's reputation up against Trump's, it's really a no-brainer who is morally superior. In fact, Trump is completely devoid of a moral compass.

IMO, If Trump is a Manchrian candidate, he is a WITTING one. That should be obvious to anyone not drinking the Trump Kool aid. And I agree with you that Trump is a Russian-owned stooge; it was evident even before the Helsinki summit.

What's ironic is a lot of Trump supporters who "claim" to believe in patriotism and in standing for the National Anthem continue to back him when he bashed a true patriot like John McCain. They continued to back him when he attacked the gold star families. They continue to back him when he sides with Putin over our country and our Intel Agencies, and they continue to back him after what he did on that stage in Helsinki. People at some of his rallies even booed John McCain, a true patriot, when Trump, who claimed to have bone spurs and had 5 deferments, did not even serve his country. Trump's biggest challenge while McCain was serving his country, was trying to avoid STDs. Trump even had to be browbeaten into lowering the flag at half staff and leaving it lowered until after McCain's funeral. So, IMO, Trump's base and their feigned outrage over NFL players not standing for the National Anthem doesn't compute any way you add it up.

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:27 pm

BrianRose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:16 pm
I totally agree with you about Hillary Clinton's qualifications, and when you put Hillary's reputation up against Trump's, it's really a no-brainer who is morally superior. In fact, Trump is completely devoid of a moral compass.

IMO, If Trump is a Manchrian candidate, he is a WITTING one. That should be obvious to anyone not drinking the Trump Kool aid. And I agree with you that Trump is a Russian-owned stooge; it was evident even before the Helsinki summit.

What's ironic is a lot of Trump supporters who "claim" to believe in patriotism and in standing for the National Anthem continue to back him when he bashed a true patriot like John McCain. They continued to back him when he attacked the gold star families. They continue to back him when he sides with Putin over our country and our Intel Agencies, and they continue to back him after what he did on that stage in Helsinki. People at some of his rallies even booed John McCain, a true patriot, when Trump, who claimed to have bone spurs and had 5 deferments, did not even serve his country. Trump's biggest challenge while McCain was serving his country, was trying to avoid STDs. Trump even had to be browbeaten into lowering the flag at half staff and leaving it lowered until after McCain's funeral. So, IMO, Trump's base and their feigned outrage over NFL players not standing for the National Anthem doesn't compute any way you add it up.

Thanks for your response, BR :D I wanted to comment about the protest against the racial disparity in policing (particularly in communities of Color), which results in more frequent use of deadly force against unarmed citizens of Color--the majority of whom are black males. Therein is an accurate description of the protest. It's nothing to do w/the Flag--except to question if it is a symbol of MY rights as a citizen of Color(?). It's nothing to do w/the Anthem--which was written by an anti-abolitionist. The song's appropriateness as "The" anthem could be disputed, and I would encourage Americans to read every stanza to judge for themselves. IMO, "America the Beautiful" would be a more superlative representation.

It's not about "disrespect" for the military. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the administered oath is to "...uphold the Constitution of the United States..." and "...to protect/defend the Country from/against all enemies, both foreign and domestic?" Does this include protecting U.S. citizens from Nazi-sympathizers, marching the streets of America to intimidate/terrorize/harm U.S. citizens of Color on American soil? Didn't America help our allies defeat this evil and stop its global spread? Back to 1st Amendment protected peaceful protest--did our military fight to defend MY Constitutional right, OR NOT? :shock: If they DID NOT, I should just dole out respect for their "service" because... :?: 8-) Nothing is ever "Black" and "White" EXCEPT in America--where everything regarding race, IS. This includes our politics.

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Fantastic64 wrote:
BrianRose » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks for your response, BR :D I wanted to comment about the protest against the racial disparity in policing (particularly in communities of Color), which results in more frequent use of deadly force against unarmed citizens of Color--the majority of whom are black males. Therein is an accurate description of the protest. It's nothing to do w/the Flag--except to question if it is a symbol of MY rights as a citizen of Color(?). It's nothing to do w/the Anthem--which was written by an anti-abolitionist. The song's appropriateness as "The" anthem could be disputed, and I would encourage Americans to read every stanza to judge for themselves. IMO, "America the Beautiful" would be a more superlative representation.

It's not about "disrespect" for the military. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the administered oath is to "...uphold the Constitution of the United States..." and "...to protect/defend the Country from/against all enemies, both foreign and domestic?" Does this include protecting U.S. citizens from Nazi-sympathizers, marching the streets of America to intimidate/terrorize/harm U.S. citizens of Color on American soil? Didn't America help our allies defeat this evil and stop its global spread? Back to 1st Amendment protected peaceful protest--did our military fight to defend MY Constitutional right, OR NOT? :shock: If they DID NOT, I should just dole out respect for their "service" because... :?: 8-) Nothing is ever "Black" and "White" EXCEPT in America--where everything regarding race, IS. This includes our politics.

GREAT POST! I love how you lay out the actual reason African American NFL players are taking a knee and that people who served and are serving in our military took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the US of America. I find it offensive that people who have not had the same American experience as people of color feel they have the right to dictate to the protesters how they should exercise their 1st amendment rights.

No correction needed at all about the administered oath of enlistment. You're spot on about it, and Trump who got 5 deferments and never served, and his supporters, who either served or did not serve, need to wake up and recognize that African Americans and other people of color served and fought and died right alongside everyone else who served in the military, and they, too, took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States(which includes the 1st amendment).

The 3rd verse of the Anthem is quite controversial. I agree with you about America The Beautiful. I totally love Ray Charles' rendition, the best ever, IMO. It gives me chills when I hear it and I get emotional.

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Debra Messing Reignites Her Political Feud With Susan Sarandon

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/debra-messing-reignites-her-political-feud-with-susan-sarandon/ar-BBNfcTV?ocid=DELLDHP

Debra Messing calls Susan Sarandon out for saying Hillary Clinton was more dangerous :evil: :twisted: than Donald Trump.

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 pm

BrianRose wrote:Debra Messing Reignites Her Political Feud With Susan Sarandon

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/debra-messing-reignites-her-political-feud-with-susan-sarandon/ar-BBNfcTV?ocid=DELLDHP

Debra Messing calls Susan Sarandon out for saying Hillary Clinton was more dangerous :evil: :twisted: than Donald Trump.

Wow!!! Debra Messing did not hold back, did she? :lol: And every word of it the truth. With this election cycle, I have been unpleasantly surprised (and in some cases, shocked) at the revelation of many celebrities' personal beliefs. It is indeed disheartening that many, many citizens/politicians have willingly sold their souls in exchange for perceived power at the expense of fellow humans they consider "other." The difference is that this time (as it was prior to The War Between The States), ALL of America will fall. A house (Country) divided against itself cannot (and will not) stand. To be continued.... :?

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Clay Cane's (Urban View) interview of Omarosa Manigault-Newman goes off the rails. It starts at 2:41.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuwWmcPOj5I

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:21 am

shalaydra75 wrote:Clay Cane's (Urban View) interview of Omarosa Manigault-Newman goes off the rails. It starts at 2:41.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuwWmcPOj5I

WTH did I just watch? :lol: :lol: :lol: That was insane! :lol: :lol: I guess she must endure ANY situation to make as much money as she can, while she can. It takes hellacious duplicity to spin lies as she's presently doing. She is as vile as Agent Orange #45! :evil:

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”