Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
SaraG1000

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby SaraG1000 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:05 pm

ghfanfare wrote:Fox News should be renamed Hate News. A devastating fire in California and commenters are politicizing the event and cheering on the destruction. Apparently they don't realize that many that have lost homes are conservatives as well. I know there are compassionate conservatives out there. I sincerely hope they can take back their party from this hateful 35%...and soon.

Are you saying they are actually happy about what is happening? What do you think is their reasoning behind that attitude? Good Lord, just as I thought they could not sink any lower!
:(

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 pm

SaraG1000 wrote:
ghfanfare wrote:Fox News should be renamed Hate News. A devastating fire in California and commenters are politicizing the event and cheering on the destruction. Apparently they don't realize that many that have lost homes are conservatives as well. I know there are compassionate conservatives out there. I sincerely hope they can take back their party from this hateful 35%...and soon.

Are you saying they are actually happy about what is happening? What do you think is their reasoning behind that attitude? Good Lord, just as I thought they could not sink any lower!

Yes. Here are some of the comments that have been posted on the Fox News website in re the California fires:

"Burn, baby, burn."

"Sanctuary state. Nobody cares except to hope for more high winds!"

"California deserves this."

"Karma."

"These fires do not start themselves. I am of the opinion that illegals have started these fires--but the people of California love their illegals and vote for leaders that want to keep the state a sanctuary state--so I say --just let them suffer--it is something that is their own fault."

This is just a small sample of many, many comments like this. I find it very, very sad that my fellow Americans are so hateful towards others who are suffering simply because of the state they live in and their ill-conceived ideas about liberals fed to them by Fox News, the snake pit of hatemongers.

However, I do take heart in the many good people who are stepping forward to help and the firefighters who are working so hard to save lives and property.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

ghfanfare wrote:
SaraG1000 wrote:

Yes. Here are some of the comments that have been posted on the Fox News website in re the California fires:

"Burn, baby, burn."

"Karma."

"These fires do not start themselves. I am of the opinion that illegals have started these fires--but the people of California love their illegals and vote for leaders that want to keep the state a sanctuary state--so I say --just let them suffer--it is something that is their own fault."

This is just a small sample of many, many comments like this. I find it very, very sad that my fellow Americans are so hateful towards others who are suffering simply because of the state they live in and their ill-conceived ideas about liberals fed to them by Fox News, the snake pit of hatemongers.

However, I do take heart in the many good people who are stepping forward to help and the firefighters who are working so hard to save lives and property.

Thank you for the answers ghfanfare. Hopefully, there are more good people than bad. It is still hard to realize there are that many evil folks who relish seeing a tragedy.

Twisto

Postby Twisto » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 am

SaraG1000 wrote:

"Burn, baby, burn."

"Karma."

However, I do take heart in the many good people who are stepping forward to help and the firefighters who are working so hard to save lives and property.[/quote]

Thank you for the answers ghfanfare. Hopefully, there are more good people than bad. It is still hard to realize there are that many evil folks who relish seeing a tragedy.[/quote]

HOW EVIL.

kenya12

Postby kenya12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 am

SaraG1000 wrote:

These fools do realize that there are rich republicans that live there right

mrs mustard

Postby mrs mustard » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 am

When things like the California Fires cheers are put out there on social media, it makes me wonder if those are Russian bots planted to create more hatred in our hearts toward the Republican supporters.
I just don't think we should feed the frenzy by reacting the same way. We are bigger than this.
Let us not allow people who have views like Alex Jones and Steve Bannon to set the tone of discussion.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am

mrs mustard wrote:When things like the California Fires cheers are put out there on social media, it makes me wonder if those are Russian bots planted to create more hatred in our hearts toward the Republican supporters.
I just don't think we should feed the frenzy by reacting the same way. We are bigger than this.
Let us not allow people who have views like Alex Jones and Steve Bannon to set the tone of discussion.

ITA that we should take the higher ground. I do not hate these people. My opinion is that news media like Fox, Breitbart, etc. have played on people's fears and emotions for a very long time with lies and half truths and hate mongering. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to undo the damage done at this point and there is little to be gained by jumping into the fray. I do not interact, simply read the comments to see what is in the minds of conservatives who read Fox News.

I also read the comments at the Washington Post and there is quite a difference between the two groups. While there is still some back and forth and name calling, many of the comments there are very thoughtful. Folks are genuinely concerned about the state of our country and what we can do to resolve our differences. They often have good insights into the issues and the history behind it that pertains to today's problems. They're a smart bunch.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 am

SaraG1000 wrote:Thank you for the answers ghfanfare. Hopefully, there are more good people than bad. It is still hard to realize there are that many evil folks who relish seeing a tragedy.

You are welcome. I just think people should be aware of what's going on and the things that are being said. I would very much like to see good well-meaning conservatives calling out this kind of behavior so that we might all get past it and move on.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm

ghfanfare wrote:
mrs mustard wrote:When things like the California Fires cheers are put out there on social media, it makes me wonder if those are Russian bots planted to create more hatred in our hearts toward the Republican supporters.

ITA that we should take the higher ground. I do not hate these people. My opinion is that news media like Fox, Breitbart, etc. have played on people's fears and emotions for a very long time with lies and half truths and hate mongering. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to undo the damage done at this point and there is little to be gained by jumping into the fray. I do not interact, simply read the comments to see what is in the minds of conservatives who read Fox News.

I also read the comments at the Washington Post and there is quite a difference between the two groups. While there is still some back and forth and name calling, many of the comments there are very thoughtful. Folks are genuinely concerned about the state of our country and what we can do to resolve our differences. They often have good insights into the issues and the history behind it that pertains to today's problems. They're a smart bunch.

Personally, I think that good people taking the high ground emboldens the despicables. These people are awarded for their foul behavior. They continue to vote against their interest, because the good people will continue to coddle them. When Baton Rouge flooded in 2016, there were people begging for federal aid, but these same people greeted President Obama with disgusting signs about him. The same congressmen who live in areas prone to facing hurricanes and tornados, are the same ones who voted against Hurricane Sandy relief.

These despicable people pretend that they believe in moral values, but they support child molesters. Yes, I said child molesters, because in addition to Roy Moore, Trump publicly admitted that he went into the dressing room of teen pageant contestants. In the meantime, Democrats would not even allow the ethic committee to hear the case of their member who was accused of sexual harassment.

IMO, coddling these people are bringing down America. Since they do not believe in science, America is going to, if it has not already, lose its economic and military advantage.

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:11 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
ghfanfare wrote:

Personally, I think that good people taking the high ground emboldens the despicables. These people are awarded for their foul behavior. They continue to vote against their interest, because the good people will continue to coddle them. When Baton Rouge flooded in 2016, there were people begging for federal aid, but these same people greeted President Obama with disgusting signs about him. The same congressmen who live in areas prone to facing hurricanes and tornados, are the same ones who voted against Hurricane Sandy relief.

These despicable people pretend that they believe in moral values, but they support child molesters. Yes, I said child molesters, because in addition to Roy Moore, Trump publicly admitted that he went into the dressing room of teen pageant contestants. In the meantime, Democrats would not even allow the ethic committee to hear the case of their member who was accused of sexual harassment.

IMO, coddling these people are bringing down America. Since they do not believe in science, America is going to, if it has not already, lose its economic and military advantage.

AMEN, Shalaydra.

Trump and Roy Moore are two disgusting, despicable cockroaches. Yet, you have so-called evangelicals backing and supporting this low life. These two pieces of vermin have preyed on and victimized young girls and women and then pretend that somehow they are the victims when their disgusting behavior is exposed. Trump actually confessed to sexual assault, to vile, disgusting piggish behavior, and the videos and audio are out there for anyone to watch and listen to, yet, there are men, and incredibly women, still defending him, including pretend evangelicals. IMO, this boils down to a bunch of deep seated racists/xenophobes who are aligned with Trump's racist ideology and are willing to vote against their own self interests because they share the same bigoted ideology. They were willing to attend his stupid, call for violence rallies and chant for the end of ObamaCare when, in fact, they and their family members have healthcare because of ObamaCare. All of the crappy replacement plans Trump was willing to sign would have left many of them without healthcare, altogether. And then you have many of them still attending Trump's rallies and applauding his tax cuts for the rich and huge corporations, while his plan rewards them with a middle finger. Meanwhile, Trump gets his NEEDY PACIFIER fix at these rallies.

Did you see that sick puppy on the news, one of Roy Moore's, demented supporters in Alabama, saying that most mothers and fathers would have been proud that the accused pedophile was interested in dating their 14 year old because he was a DA.

Another upstanding Moore supporter said even if it's true, it happened over 40 years ago. Well, of course, it doesn't matter to him and a lot of other people who keep parroting that what Roy Moore is accused of happened 40 years ago. It doesn't matter to them because it didn't happen to them or their 14, 15, or 16 year old. I wonder if people dismissing these women's allegations against Moore because they happened 40 years ago would be just as dismissive if they found out their teenage daughter or granddaughter was one of his victims? And would these men defending Roy Moore summarily dismiss accusations if their wives revealed to them that they were sexually assaulted some 5, 10, 15, 20... years ago by some public or non-public figure still living? After all, if it happened so many years ago...

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”