Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
ThornsandRoses

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby ThornsandRoses » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 am

SaraG1000 wrote:Tonight's episode of Madam Secretary is looking more like real life here in the USA. Subject is the 25th Amendment and a president who is going off the rails. Sound familiar?

It’s not a show that I watch, but my husband replayed part of it for me. This was one of those instances where I sure wished the writers didn’t have real life to get their so much of their material from. I would so much rather it was all totally made up from their own imaginations.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:27 am

ThornsandRoses wrote:
SaraG1000 wrote:Tonight's episode of Madam Secretary is looking more like real life here in the USA. Subject is the 25th Amendment and a president who is going off the rails. Sound familiar?

It’s not a show that I watch, but my husband replayed part of it for me. This was one of those instances where I sure wished the writers didn’t have real life to get their so much of their material from. I would so much rather it was all totally made up from their own imaginations.

While it is nice to have shows that are just made up from someone's imagination for purely entertainment purposes, I find it refreshing to learn something at the same time. We have a real crisis in this country. Tonight's show demonstrated how the 25th amendment process works. My hope is that the focus of tonight's show will educate the public to the real life circumstance of having a person in the highest office of the land who is unstable. Maybe that way citizens will lobby congress to make a move. It also helps the average person understand the system rather than just hearing a term thrown out in the news. Seeing it acted out is beneficial.

tionne12

Postby tionne12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 am

Wasn't it good I love that show :D

2much time

Postby 2much time » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 pm

YoungBoldLady50 wrote:
2much time wrote:The grin on Pence's face is creepy along with his bobble head nodding. Clearly he is simply biding his time waiting for Trump to finally get tossed and he can take over as POS in chief.

What is irking me today watching the Sunday shows is listening to Tom Cotton, Kirstjen Nielsen and David Perdue lie thru their teeth denying Trump said "shithole" in that meeting while disparaging our, (I live near Chicago) beloved Senator Dick Durbin, in a feeble attempt to give their lies credibility. Tom Cotton has his eye on the Presidency down the road and quite frankly he should be on everyone's watch list as he is, IMO one of the more scary options for a future GOP candidate.

What is wrong with these Republican politicians? How can they continue to support these cruel and destructive policies? Trump and Republicans agenda is indefensible IMO.

If Trump isn't a racist then why he is so jealous of Barack Obama? My theory is not only is he a racist he knows he isn't fit to be the pooh on the shoe of President Obama. Wait, Trump doesn't know this since "he wasn't born with the curse of self awareness" (thank you quote from "Bull Durham." I've been waiting to use that quote for months! :D ). President Obama's intelligence, class, honesty, compassion, decency, lord knows I could go on and on should be admired by anyone with eyes and ears. Trump's vile behavior only personifies and elevates President Obama's stature and respect in most of America and quite frankly the world.

Hello 2MuchTime, :) How are you doing?..ITA..with your entire post. Trump is the Anti-Obama in every way. Trump is a lying, mysogynist, bigoted jerk. Racist manure sprouts from his pie hole because Trump is a Sh*tHead.. just a vile person and so are the Trumperteers. :evil:

Take Care..and have a wonderful upcoming week to you and All Posters... 8-)

Hey YBL50! It's been a long time girl, I hope you're doing well. I've been as good as one can be living in the age of Trump. Ugh! :twisted: It's good to see you posting in this thread. I knew we were of like minds and therefore on the RIGHT side of history. Happy MLK Day my friend and to all posters.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:45 pm

What do you all think of the Homeland Security Secretary's testimony? I couldn't watch it but apparently she also has amnesia. And, what about the doctor's report for tRump? Everyone connected with him lies, so can we believe any of them?

loveridge

Postby loveridge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:19 pm

SaraG1000 wrote:What do you all think of the Homeland Security Secretary's testimony? I couldn't watch it but apparently she also has amnesia. And, what about the doctor's report for tRump? Everyone connected with him lies, so can we believe any of them?

I saw about 25 minutes of it and changed the channel these liars make me sick could not watch that mess she is just another trump lackey

loveridge

Postby loveridge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm

SaraG1000 wrote:What do you all think of the Homeland Security Secretary's testimony? I couldn't watch it but apparently she also has amnesia. And, what about the doctor's report for tRump? Everyone connected with him lies, so can we believe any of them?
Oh and trump probably paid the doctor off that is why I will be tuning in to rachel maddow tonight you just know she has the real truth of what is going on trump is obese so how can he have exceptional health when all the man does is eat junk food all day :lol: :lol: :lol:

SaraG1000

Re: Stay at home dad

Postby SaraG1000 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Superdad884 wrote:Hey everyone, I'm new to this message board. It seemed only natural, I love "days". My mom and sister got me hooked early. I guess this post is an introduction to me.
Im a stay at home dad, I'm not sure how many others there are but it's who I am and I love it,. I get to spend tons
of time with my daughter. There is some down time, I usually watch, days, judge shows and ebay. BTW my ebay handle is bigteezy8843 , please check it out, tons of cheap cool stuff, most of the money I manage to get I buy my princess (autumn rose ward age 5) infinity disney Figures for her name. Now I'm looking for a cheap Mickey mouse, I just bought a Minnie. Anyway I wasn't sure how a stay at home dad would fit in. I hope to hear from you all, and I hope to post again soon, if everybody accepts me.
I don't want to invade your space if u don't want me to,
✌ peace TIm
Oh my fave is Stefano and his family on days, my mom doesn't understand why lol, anyway have a good day.

Hello Stay At Home Dad:

This section of the message board is for posts concerning political views from a democratic or liberal perspective. You might not have noticed that there are individual sections of the board for particular soaps and off topic subjects. That said, I'm glad to hear you have time to spend with your daughter. :)

ThornsandRoses

Postby ThornsandRoses » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 pm

loveridge wrote:Oh and trump probably paid the doctor off that is why I will be tuning in to rachel maddow tonight you just know she has the real truth of what is going on trump is obese so how can he have exceptional health when all the man does is eat junk food all day :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a military retiree, I'm sure Trump didn't pay off this doctor. There would be no need. As Commander-in-Chief, Trump has Dr. Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson's career in his hands. The doctor is a U.S. Navy Rear Admiral appointed to the position of Physician to the President by Obama. When Obama left, the doc was left caught between a rock and a hard place because unlike the lucky Federal Attorneys who were fired, Trump didn't fire the doctor. Even though he is Physician to the President, the doctor is still active duty Navy. If he doesn't want to ruin his Navy career, at least for now, even though he's not a politician, he's got to play Trump politics. This isn't a matter of money in the bank. It's a matter of a man who in 1995 decided to serve the U.S. in one of the most honorable ways possible only to inadvertently get caught up in "The U.S. According to Trump". It's obvious he was told what to say, but he was probably thinking the same thing I was thinking. Trump's years are much more limited than his.

Before anyone suggests it, no, he can't just say "I quit" unless he wants to ruin the rest of his life. For the first time since 1979, this retired enlisted person feels sorry for an officer.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:22 pm

ThornsandRoses wrote:
loveridge wrote:Oh and trump probably paid the doctor off that is why I will be tuning in to rachel maddow tonight you just know she has the real truth of what is going on trump is obese so how can he have exceptional health when all the man does is eat junk food all day :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a military retiree, I'm sure Trump didn't pay off this doctor. There would be no need. As Commander-in-Chief, Trump has Dr. Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson's career in his hands. The doctor is a U.S. Navy Rear Admiral appointed to the position of Physician to the President by Obama. When Obama left, the doc was left caught between a rock and a hard place because unlike the lucky Federal Attorneys who were fired, Trump didn't fire the doctor. Even though he is Physician to the President, the doctor is still active duty Navy. If he doesn't want to ruin his Navy career, at least for now, even though he's not a politician, he's got to play Trump politics. This isn't a matter of money in the bank. It's a matter of a man who in 1995 decided to serve the U.S. in one of the most honorable ways possible only to inadvertently get caught up in "The U.S. According to Trump". It's obvious he was told what to say, but he was probably thinking the same thing I was thinking. Trump's years are much more limited than his.

Before anyone suggests it, no, he can't just say "I quit" unless he wants to ruin the rest of his life. For the first time since 1979, this retired enlisted person feels sorry for an officer.

I feel sorry for him also if he has to worry about his career in exchange for being true to his medical oath and his profession. If the doctor did not tell the truth about the medical examination, it means he has decided not to do the honorable thing. I understand your points about protecting his career, etc. but I believe the American people have the right to know if tRump is in good health. Can't we have one person around this man who is willing to be honest? After all we are not living in Nazi controlled Germany. People need to stand up for what is right.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”