Republican No Bash Thread

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
ChaoticAmb

Re: Republican No Bash Thread

Postby ChaoticAmb » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Hmm... not going to argue with folks. I'm done with it. But I will jump in here to say:

For the record...

No one has proven that the US Weekly article was false, but there has been absolutely no evidence to back it up at all either. To me, screams false. Also, Down's babies are most commonly (not always but in much higher numbers) born to mothers over 35.

She did put the jet on ebay, she was just not able to sell it, and had to sell it by other means.

While governor, she has substantially decreased unnecessary spending in the state of Alaska as compared to her predecessors.

The officer had 3 offenses: (1) drove his police care while drinking beer (2) Illegally shot a moose using his wife's hunting permit(3) tasered a 10 year old, and regardless if the kid asked for it, he is supposed to be an adult and a respectable one at that.

She is very religious, but she has only meant that what is happening in the world today is all part of God's plan. Most anyone who does believe in God believes God has a plan and that we are at his will.

And how exactly have we determined that her daughter is a drunk? Teenagers have sex, just read some stats on it today actually. 75% of US teens under the age of 19 have already had sex. It's 2008, everyone has sex. I suggest we all get used to it.

Oh and it wasn't addressed but I'm sure it's to come. She did not try to mandate that school systems teach creationism in public schools. She merely said that students should be able to discuss it openly if they so choose.

I am one who chooses to validate rumors before I display them as facts. Thank GOD (yep I said it, though I guess I'm crazy for believing in him) for us few that do. And no, I do not jump on and bash the dems or Obama/Biden either; always gotta separate my facts from fiction.

rei1

Postby rei1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 pm

Oh and it wasn't addressed but I'm sure it's to come. She did not try to mandate that school systems teach creationism in public schools. She merely said that students should be able to discuss it openly if they so choose

Thank you for posting this...I would just like to know..when did people who think that GOD created us became the ememy??

Science has a place in this world No Doubt..but I feel better with God in this world ... I trust him more.

ChaoticAmb

Postby ChaoticAmb » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:01 am

Quote rei1: Oh and it wasn't addressed but I'm sure it's to come. She did not try to mandate that school systems teach creationism in public schools. She merely said that students should be able to discuss it openly if they so choose

Thank you for posting this...I would just like to know..when did people who think that GOD created us became the ememy??

Science has a place in this world No Doubt..but I feel better with God in this world ... I trust him more.

No problem. Someone has to keep the truth flowing, but there are so many people that refuse to see the otherside despite the overwhelming information that says otherwise... It's frustrating. People believe what they want to.

I study science and I love it, I even enjoy learning about evolution, but it in no way overrides my beliefs. There are so many gaps that science is just unable to explain, so many questions science cannot answer, and sooo many exceptions to every rule we are taught. God is pretty much the only answer, at least in my eyes. And I guess that makes me crazy, scary, and illogical.

Snow White

Postby Snow White » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Quote rei1: O

Well said. It's called the Theory of Evolution for a reason. Why are evolutionists so threatened by having them both be taught in school?

billiepiper

Postby billiepiper » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Quote Snow White:
Quote rei1: O

Well said. It's called the Theory of Evolution for a reason. Why are evolutionists so threatened by having them both be taught in school?

It's because creationism is not a science, it's a religious theory. Due to public schools being public it falls under the seperation of church and state.
If people want their children to learn about creationism they can teach it at home or have their child attend a private school.

BrianLovesSoaps

Postby BrianLovesSoaps » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:49 am

Big Bang theory... forget creationism

BrianLovesSoaps

Postby BrianLovesSoaps » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:50 am

alwaysEJ

Postby alwaysEJ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:14 am

I believe what Palin has said regarding creationism is that there is no reason students can't also discuss this along with the Theory of Evolution that is crammed down their throats.

I understand why liberals don't want creationism taught in school. If you were told you descended from an ape (who descended from some sort of ameba) OR that you were created by a powerful & loving God who created you in His image, which would be more appealing? Liberals love choice when it comes to killing babies, but not so much when it comes to offering students an alternate theory of how they came to be.

It is much harder to not believe in God than it is to accept that there are things we cannot explain & cannot replicate, & that is b/c they are from the hand of God. You are practicing some serious self deception when you convince yourself that the the universe, the earth which rotates perfectly on its axis, the sun, the moon, the stars, and the human body - which is as complex as the universe - are the result of anything other than the hand of God.

cats meow

Postby cats meow » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:08 am

EJ, you would definitely call me a liberal but i think both should be taught in schools too and for the record i believe God created us all

Touched

Postby Touched » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:18 am

Quote ChaoticAmb: Hmm... not going to argue with folks. I'm done with it. But I will jump in here to say:

For the record...

No one has proven that the US Weekly article was false, but there has been absolutely no evidence to back it up at all either. To me, screams false. Also, Down's babies are most commonly (not always but in much higher numbers) born to mothers over 35.

She did put the jet on ebay, she was just not able to sell it, and had to sell it by other means.

While governor, she has substantially decreased unnecessary spending in the state of Alaska as compared to her predecessors.

The officer had 3 offenses: (1) drove his police care while drinking beer (2) Illegally shot a moose using his wife's hunting permit(3) tasered a 10 year old, and regardless if the kid asked for it, he is supposed to be an adult and a respectable one at that.

She is very religious, but she has only meant that what is happening in the world today is all part of God's plan. Most anyone who does believe in God believes God has a plan and that we are at his will.

And how exactly have we determined that her daughter is a drunk? Teenagers have sex, just read some stats on it today actually. 75% of US teens under the age of 19 have already had sex. It's 2008, everyone has sex. I suggest we all get used to it.

Oh and it wasn't addressed but I'm sure it's to come. She did not try to mandate that school systems teach creationism in public schools. She merely said that students should be able to discuss it openly if they so choose.

I am one who chooses to validate rumors before I display them as facts. Thank GOD (yep I said it, though I guess I'm crazy for believing in him) for us few that do. And no, I do not jump on and bash the dems or Obama/Biden either; always gotta separate my facts from fiction.

US weekly is classified as a celebrity magazine. It sits in the same category as Star and National Enquirer. You don't honestly think that these magazines print the truth, do you?

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”