Republican No Bash Thread

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Homesick Cajun

Re: Republican No Bash Thread

Postby Homesick Cajun » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Sillycone wrote:
Homesick Cajun wrote:Honestly, I've always been more of a college football fan, than the NFL. Probably because LSU was always a contender (sadly not this year) and the Saints were always hit or miss. We quit watching the NFL last year, when these silly protests first started. DH is a Bears fan, from Chicago, so he didn't miss it either. :lol: I can't help but feel bad for long time fans, that are turning it off now. Who wants to watch such an anti-American display? I can't imagine trying to stomach such hate for our flag and national anthem. President Trump isn't creating the left's hate for America, but he's certainly revealing it. ;) DH now calls the NFL "Not for Long". :D

I see you, professional football player, as you kneel down during the playing of the National Anthem…
I see you, with your arm raised in protest…
I see you thinking you are doing something to unite people over social and racial injustice.
I see you…
But, more than that here is what I really see…
I see a man pushing the wheels of his wheelchair as he returns home from a foreign land unable to function as he once did, due to fighting to protect you as you kneel on the ground.
I see a young widow, dressed carefully in black, mourning the remains of her husband, hugging a coffin on the tarmac of an airport. I see that same woman clutching a perfectly folded flag to her bosom as taps is played at his graveside. I see her young son, tears streaming down his face knowing his father would never come home again.
I see graveyards full of tombstones, here and overseas, with names of those fallen, with dates showing a much too early death. I see so many, from so many different wars and conflicts, crosses and stones. They are too numerous to count.
I see the sacrifices made, the hearts broken, the tears shed, the shattered lives all in the name of freedom… all in the name of that red, white and blue piece of cloth that you choose to protest.
Social and racial injustice? You who make millions of American dollars for playing a game in a country where you have more opportunity to make a better life for you and your family than anywhere in the world? Really? The hypocrisy of it astounds me.
First of all, if you really want to protest, give your money and time to make changes. Give to those less fortunate than you. Help those people get an education, buy them food and shelter. Show them opportunities to make better decisions. Teach them that they have a purpose in life.
If you really want to protest injustices…
Protest the treatment of veterans, who have to wait extremely long periods of time for healthcare, who are living under interstate bridges, in boxes, who are committing suicide. Today over twenty of them will take their lives out of hopelessness and despair.
There is no greater injustice than that.
Protest the loss of religious rights as some atheist complained so much that public prayer by a group of young players on an athletic field is not allowed.
When I see that flag, when I hear that song, when I sing those words, I give homage to those who died for this land, who continue to protect this land, who don’t know if and when they will ever see their loved ones again. Some say that they died for your freedom so that you can take a knee. I say they died for your freedom so you can stand proudly and be thankful that God has blessed you enough that you can live in a country of so much opportunity.
Go ahead…
Go ahead and kneel…
Go ahead and be ungrateful.
I am watching…
As are millions and millions of others.
We don’t see a protest of unity… we see a protest of disgraceful ignorance.

Copied and pasted...I'm not sure who the original author was, but I thank them for stating the truth.

That should have come with a tissue warning! That's perfect as to "Why we Stand". Goodell should have stopped this nonsense, last year, when it started. (I've had no use for him since Bountygate) The fact he wouldn't allow the Cowboy's to honor (by a small decal on their helmets) the five Dallas Police officers slain by BLM, spoke volumes. Or that he threatened to fine several NY area players for wanting to commemorate 9/11 on their cleats. But, he's allowed the players to spit in the face of the American veterans, any viewer that loves this country, the flag and national anthem? Hope all the disrespectful players protesting lose their sponsors. People that love this country are speaking loudly, with their wallets. Honestly, I don't think they had a clue, who their audience was. They're going to learn, the hard way.....

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:41 pm

New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton: "More Americans Killed by Guns Than From All U.S. Wars Combined"
1/4 of deaths by guns are homicides and the majority is by suicide.
Head meds, are involved in more than 90% of mass shootings.
Would you like to see a decline in mass shootings?

1. Stop treating little boys like they were born with a disease.
2. Stop listening to feminists.
3. Stop giving boys medication for being boys.
4. Stop creating anti male guilt complexes.
5. Stop creating anti white shaming complexes.
6. Stop prescribing head meds that raise suicidal tendencies in men.

No more mass shootings.

walkerfan10

Postby walkerfan10 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:31 pm

I understand the right for people to protest peacefully but who is allowed to protest about stuff on the job that is not job related. The President is correct. No way do you get away with doing that and keep your job. Play ball and stop with unrelated issues on your job. It's obvious that they don't get it. What they are doing is hurtful to our veterans and disrespectful to them as well. People who fought for this county deserve out upmost respect.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:22 pm

Before the weekend gets started, I have a few thoughts on the events of the week. I'll try not to make this a rant, but with me, that's never a guarantee. :D

I find it so cute, that liberals believe someone intent on mass murder is going to let a pesky little thing like gun laws get in their way. :roll:

The NRA has already come out in support of the ATF reviewing Bump Stocks to see if they require regulating. Personally, it's astonishing to me, that the ATF didn't recommend regulations in 2010. But, that was when the Obama administration was engaged in Fast and Furious. Coincidence? I don't really believe in coincidences....

The problem with regulating Bump Stocks is for the Dems nothing is ever enough. I have no problem with regulating them, but look what the Dems have done in the South. Completely changed the landscape. Started with the Confederate flag, then it was take down statues, and now they're demanding classics like Gone With the Wind not be shown. There's no appeasing them. Give an inch, they'll try to take a mile, every time... It'll be the same way with the 2A. It's not and has never been about gun control, it's about people control.

One thing I find especially annoying are the so called "experts" on cable news, talking about guns. What I know about guns could fit on the head of a thimble, but I know more than they do. Frightening. On CNN today, they showed an animation, trying to explain a Bump Stock. The rifle in the animation featured a suppressor, a grenade launcher, but no Bump Stock. SMH But, it was CNN, so what did I really expect. Point is, it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation about guns, when the "experts' on the other side are so woefully uneducated and misinformed. Conversation is pointless.

ISIS has repeatedly claimed responsibility. Curious, as so far, there is nothing to substantiate their claim. However, they don't usually do that, unless they're somehow involved, even if loosely. Firmly believe the brother is a liar. The family always knows something. ALWAYS. They may turn a blind eye to obvious mental illness or deranged thinking, but they always know something's off. The guy's father was on the FBI's most wanted list, for goodness sake. Whole family's probably nuts....

All I can say is Thank God for President Trump! I have never seen a President have to deal with so much, in such a short amount of time. Three major hurricanes and Las Vegas. He has been amazing in the response. And the breathtakingly beautiful Melania has been such an asset. She has such a quiet dignity and strength that is comforting to those in need. Couldn't be more proud of the two of them.

Guess that's it for now, I could write much more, but I'll save it for another day. If you've read it this far, have a Wonderful Weekend!!

I don't know where Geaux Tigers is, but our Tigers are AWFUL!! LOL

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 pm

With the news coming out of Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment allegations, pay offs, and rapes; it proves that Hollywood hasn't changed since the old days of the "casting couch." Back when Marilyn Monroe said that she would never succeed without going along, working for sex felt like being a sex slave.
Ashley Judd admitted to being a "Nasty Woman" and now, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie said Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed them when they were young actresses.
My question is when will Hillary Clinton return all of the donations that she received from Harvey? Will Hillary stand by Harvey the way that she always has Bill?

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Sillycone wrote:With the news coming out of Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment allegations, pay offs, and rapes; it proves that Hollywood hasn't changed since the old days of the "casting couch." Back when Marilyn Monroe said that she would never succeed without going along, working for sex felt like being a sex slave.
Ashley Judd admitted to being a "Nasty Woman" and now, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie said Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed them when they were young actresses.
My question is when will Hillary Clinton return all of the donations that she received from Harvey? Will Hillary stand by Harvey the way that she always has Bill?

Oh Hillarious Hillary finally how many days, at least 5 like Barack Obama, has come out and said that she is "shocked and appalled" by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein. Appalled at Harvey but stayed married to Bill? Hypocrite. :roll:

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:00 pm

walkerfan10 wrote:I understand the right for people to protest peacefully but who is allowed to protest about stuff on the job that is not job related. The President is correct. No way do you get away with doing that and keep your job. Play ball and stop with unrelated issues on your job. It's obvious that they don't get it. What they are doing is hurtful to our veterans and disrespectful to them as well. People who fought for this county deserve out upmost respect.

I totally agree, Walkerfan. Now old Colin Kumpernickel is going to sue for the right to play in the NFL? He should look at his contract that he walked away from, he still had a year when he QUIT! SF let him go due to his stats, he was at the bottom as a Quarterback.
It's hard to estimate what he's cost the NFL already and due to the NFL's limp-wristed response to the kneeling "Oppression Protests."
I know I'm done with all of it. And I find I really don't miss it. There's plenty of other activities to occupy my time with.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”