Republican No Bash Thread

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Sillycone

Re: Republican No Bash Thread

Postby Sillycone » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Al Franken is GUILTY of sex assault!!
He should step down immediately as a US Senator.
I don't care about his apology, he groped a young woman while she slept.
He attacked her by kissing her and shoving his tongue down her throat!

Step down, Sen. Franken!!

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Sillycone wrote:Al Franken is GUILTY of sex assault!!

Obviously he's guilty. But, I'm not holding my breath on anything happening to him. He's a Dem and they'll circle the wagons. He'll be paraded in front of the ethics committee, and get his hand slapped, at the most. The MSM is already downplaying it, as a joke that went wrong.

Can you IMAGINE the media if there was a picture of President Trump, or any Republican for that matter, with their hands on a sleeping woman? There would be wall to wall coverage.

Look at the Dems, back to Ted Kennedy, who left a woman to drown, and see who the MSM protects. Won't even start on Bill Clinton. His digressions are now infamous. And Hillary, who denigrated and insulted his accusers, that half of this country was ready to put back in the White House. Now that the Clinton's are no longer politically advantageous, some are criticizing Bill for his behavior. About twenty years too late.

Yet, they're ready to crucify Trump for words, locker room talk. But actions, if they're politics are liberal, are perfectly okay.

After what's happening in Hollywood, Franken probably won't be the last. The floodgates are open in Hollywood, and I expect the same in DC. Politics is Hollywood for ugly people. 8-)

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:17 pm

The media has attacked President Donald Trump for calling Sen. Elizabeth Warren “Pocahontas” yet the same media has said little of the many lies Sen. Warren has told about her “Cherokee” heritage. In 1996, a Harvard Crimson article referred to Elizabeth Warren as Native American. Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s ridiculous claims about her heritage became a flashpoint in her Massachusetts senatorial campaign, and a number of Cherokees slammed her for trying to co-opt their heritage. Also, let’s not forget that Warren also contributed several recipes to a “Pow Wow Chow” cookbook in 1984, but at least two of the recipes were plagiarized.
Actually, by claiming that "Pocahontas" is some how racist, the claimer is being racist. There is nothing derogatory about Pocahontas, and to suggest that merely calling someone an historical Native American name is racist shows that they are being the racist.

Bashing statements removed, this is a no-bash thread.
ADMIN

mayre

Postby mayre » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm

LOL Loving listening to all the playbacks of Matt Lauer interrogating the newsmen who were let go over sexual harassment allegations -must have been contagious- the prince of NBC has fallen from his throne-and is now unemployed-LOL-what a bunch those liberals are and all who continue to support them.....

mayre

Postby mayre » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Sillycone wrote:The media has attacked President Donald Trump for calling Sen. Elizabeth Warren “Pocahontas” yet the same media has said little of the many lies Sen. Warren has told about her “Cherokee” heritage. In 1996, a Harvard Crimson article referred to Elizabeth Warren as Native American. Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s ridiculous claims about her heritage became a flashpoint in her Massachusetts senatorial campaign, and a number of Cherokees slammed her for trying to co-opt their heritage. Also, let’s not forget that Warren also contributed several recipes to a “Pow Wow Chow” cookbook in 1984, but at least two of the recipes were plagiarized.
Actually, by claiming that "Pocahontas" is some how racist, the claimer is being racist. There is nothing derogatory about Pocahontas, and to suggest that merely calling someone an historical Native American name is racist shows that they are being the racist.

Bashing statements removed, this is a no-bash thread.
ADMIN

What the hell-- Pocahontas was a heroine! it is Warren who is the racist-only the blind do not see it--

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:36 pm

More than half the Senate’s Democrats, including the Democratic leader, Chuck Schumer of New York, called for Senator Al Franken to resign Wednesday, after a sixth woman came forward to charge that the Minnesota Democrat had made an improper advance on her.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Homesick Cajun wrote:
Sillycone wrote:Al Franken is GUILTY of sex assault!!

Obviously he's guilty. But, I'm not holding my breath on anything happening to him. He's a Dem and they'll circle the wagons. He'll be paraded in front of the ethics committee, and get his hand slapped, at the most. The MSM is already downplaying it, as a joke that went wrong.

Can you IMAGINE the media if there was a picture of President Trump, or any Republican for that matter, with their hands on a sleeping woman? There would be wall to wall coverage.

Look at the Dems, back to Ted Kennedy, who left a woman to drown, and see who the MSM protects. Won't even start on Bill Clinton. His digressions are now infamous. And Hillary, who denigrated and insulted his accusers, that half of this country was ready to put back in the White House. Now that the Clinton's are no longer politically advantageous, some are criticizing Bill for his behavior. About twenty years too late.

Yet, they're ready to crucify Trump for words, locker room talk. But actions, if they're politics are liberal, are perfectly okay.

After what's happening in Hollywood, Franken probably won't be the last. The floodgates are open in Hollywood, and I expect the same in DC. Politics is Hollywood for ugly people. 8-)

Okay, I made a special trip to this board to eat crow. :D

Above I said he would get his hand slapped, by the Ethics Committee. And, had he fought it, I do think that's what would have happened.

Unfortunately, for him, the Dems threw him under the bus, so they could pretend to have the moral high ground.

Did you catch his speech? It was basically "All these women are liars, I'm really an advocate for women. Oh, and it's all Trump's fault". He was visibly annoyed. He knew he was being sacrificed. The Dems have a sure seat, the Dem governor will appoint another left wing loon, like Franken. (Probably Ellison) You certainly don't see the Dems calling for Menendez to step down. If Dems were really serious, he would have been the first on their hit list. Not Franken, and Franken knows it. Franken's a smug, arrogant, jerk, but his anger was misplaced today. It should have been directed at his fellow Dems, that forced him out. Not at President Trump. 8-)

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Roy Moore accuser Beverly Young Nelson admitted to ABC that she forged her 1977 yearbook.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”