Republican No Bash Thread

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Homesick Cajun

Re: Republican No Bash Thread

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Sillycone wrote:The Senate has presented America Health Care Act and the media has already launched polls on how many people HATE the bill! :evil:
The paid protestors are in place in DC, and I see that it is being bashed about on these boards, too.
Here is a link if anyone cares to read it:
https://housegop.leadpages.co/healthcare/

NOTE: the best part of it is that it puts the States back in control of Medicaid.

Oops. the previous link is the Congress, here is the Senate's version:

https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/SENATEHEALTHCARE.pdf

The liberals on twitter have been hysterical! The problem is the MSM hasn't been honest with them about Obamacare. So, now they think we're all going to die! Ridiculous. The people that are going to die, are people that can't afford to go to the doctor, because of the outrageously high deductibles with Obamacare. It was designed to fail, and lead to single payer. Even Jonathan Gruber, one of the architects of Obamacare, said that it was dependent on the stupidity of Americans to pass. MSM has been only too happy to oblige in the brainwashing of the gullible. :roll:

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Before I say anything, I have not read the new healthcare bill. I'm not sure that I will. I'm sure this is not the finished product. Even if it were, talking about insurance kinda makes me want to glaze over. I hate insurance, of any kind. The providers are betting you won't need it, while you're betting you will. Obamcare is imploding and can't continue in it's current form. Insurance should never have been a function of the government. Of all the mistakes that Obama made, this one is legendary. Thanks to him and the Dems, we will never again have free market affordable healthcare. Competition is the only thing that drives prices down, of anything. And that's particularly true of insurance. When you're forced into a one size fits all mentality, your choices are eliminated. But, once the government gets it's grubby little hands on something, it would take more than the jaws of life to pry it away. Dems have been told by their "leaders" that healthcare is a right. It's not. You have a right to be treated in an emergency room, if you're run over by a bus, but you don't have the right to make me pay for it. I'm not opposed to helping the truly needy, but it's the really lazy that ruin any programs that were designed with good intentions. Obamacare is nothing but a tax. I'd like to see them repeal it and not replace it with anything. Let the free market do it's thing. But, I'm not naive enough to think that will ever happen....

Rant over...Thank you for reading.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 pm

There's a RUMOR on twitter, that's taking off like wildfire. No idea the source, or if it's true. But, the rumor is Justice Kennedy is going to announce his retirement Monday. He's 80. Ginsberg is 84, and she's supposedly thinking about retiring too. I would be beyond thrilled, if President Trump gets to nominate two more Justices to the Supreme Court. Fingers crossed, it's not just a rumor! :D

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”