Republican No Bash Thread

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Sillycone

Re: Republican No Bash Thread

Postby Sillycone » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:44 pm

I was just dropping by to wish Homesick Cajun Bon la fête du 14-juillet!

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:31 pm

RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!!!

After Barrack Obama was caught in an opened microphone in Seoul, South Korea, telling outgoing Russian president Dmitry Medvedev that Vladimir Putin should give him more "space" and that "after my election I have more flexibility."

After John Podesta, Obama's former senior counselor and Campaign Chairman for Hillary was caught "RED handed" as a Russian lobbying group (The Podesta Group)

NOW we have California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff holding at least $16,000 in Russia-linked investment funds in 2016, according to a review of House financial disclosures.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Sillycone wrote:I was just dropping by to wish Homesick Cajun Bon la fête du 14-juillet!

Ha! Thank you! Happy Bastille Day to you too! :D

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:54 pm

I don't know if any of ya'll have been following the heartbreaking story of Charlie Gard. But, his and his parent's story is a cautionary tale. The result of socialized medicine, which is what the left wants for us. Single payer is exactly that. You get government (judges in this case) deciding who lives or dies. Who is given life saving treatment, and who is unworthy. In spite of the fact, his parents have raised enough money to bring him to the US for treatment. I understand the treatment is experimental, but the judges have taken that decision out of the parent's hands and sentenced this baby to death. As of yesterday, the judge has agreed to "allow" a doctor from the US to examine him. Just unbelievable bureaucracy. :roll:

Imagine having to go before a judge to justify keeping a loved one alive! Unfathomable.

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:31 am

Homesick Cajun wrote:I don't know if any of ya'll have been following the heartbreaking story of Charlie Gard. But, his and his parent's story is a cautionary tale. The result of socialized medicine, which is what the left wants for us. Single payer is exactly that. You get government (judges in this case) deciding who lives or dies. Who is given life saving treatment, and who is unworthy. In spite of the fact, his parents have raised enough money to bring him to the US for treatment. I understand the treatment is experimental, but the judges have taken that decision out of the parent's hands and sentenced this baby to death. As of yesterday, the judge has agreed to "allow" a doctor from the US to examine him. Just unbelievable bureaucracy. :roll:

Imagine having to go before a judge to justify keeping a loved one alive! Unfathomable.

There's real danger in nationalizing health care because it grants government the power to decide whose life is worth living.

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:03 pm

OK, here is my 2 cents in the whole Healthcare debate. The Republicans have a slight advantage over the Democrats in the Senate:
Republican (52 seats)
Minority Party: Democrat (46 seats)
Other Parties: 2 Independents (both caucus with the Democrats)

Under Obama, the make up was greater for the Democrats to pass ACA:
Party: Democrat (57 seats)
Republican (41 seats)
Other Parties: 1 Independent; 1 Independent Democrat (both caucus with the Democrats)
What it comes down to is the Republicans (and a few Conservative Democrats) fear potential political costs. Voting on something that have no consequences is easy, but voting on something that can put a target on you is hard. Taking free things away from the public is even harder!

The principles of liberty are if you believe healthcare is a 'RIGHT' because it is a necessity, then you must also believe that you have a right to FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER, etc... If you are hungry, do you have the 'RIGHT' to go onto someone's property and take their food or use their clothes or sleep in the house just because you feel you have the 'RIGHT' to do so? No you don't. But, you want the government to force insurance companies, hospitals, and doctors to provide health care for you.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Sillycone wrote:OK, here is my 2 cents in the whole Healthcare debate. The Republicans have a slight advantage over the Democrats in the Senate:
Republican (52 seats)
Minority Party: Democrat (46 seats)
Other Parties: 2 Independents (both caucus with the Democrats)

Under Obama, the make up was greater for the Democrats to pass ACA:
Party: Democrat (57 seats)
Republican (41 seats)
Other Parties: 1 Independent; 1 Independent Democrat (both caucus with the Democrats)
What it comes down to is the Republicans (and a few Conservative Democrats) fear potential political costs. Voting on something that have no consequences is easy, but voting on something that can put a target on you is hard. Taking free things away from the public is even harder!

The principles of liberty are if you believe healthcare is a 'RIGHT' because it is a necessity, then you must also believe that you have a right to FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER, etc... If you are hungry, do you have the 'RIGHT' to go onto someone's property and take their food or use their clothes or sleep in the house just because you feel you have the 'RIGHT' to do so? No you don't. But, you want the government to force insurance companies, hospitals, and doctors to provide health care for you.

Spot on. Those "free" things are being paid for by you and me. I loathe Obama for many, many reasons, but wrecking the health insurance market in this country, is right at the top of the list.

Ted Cruz's amendment is pretty good. You have the option to keep Obamacare, if you like it, or you can buy plans that fit your individual needs. Who in their right mind, would keep the outrageously priced Obamacare, if given a choice? Nobody with a working brain.

I hate insurance, of any kind. My rant is a few pages back. 8-)

In fact, I'm shopping for new car insurance. I live near the border (Thank God the wall has begun construction) and the illegals here are stealing cars and taking them to Mexico. So my car insurance has gone through the roof. Another price we pay for the Sanctuary Cities and illegals that are given safe haven. Free to commit all the crime they want, with no fear. But, that's a rant for another day. Deport them all, save this country billions, with a "B". :evil:

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”