Republican No Bash Thread

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Sillycone

Re: Republican No Bash Thread

Postby Sillycone » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Barbyboo wrote:i am so sick of protests, marches. And havoc ...it makes me need to gag...

Me too, Berkeley police deliberately allowed masked “Antifa” anarchists to jump a barricade and attack a demonstration by a peaceful right-wing group on Sunday, leading to five assaults, including on Patriot Prayer group leader Joey Gibson. :cry:

RaisedRight

Postby RaisedRight » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Chuck Schumer SLAMS President Trump : “It’s Racist To Only Allow Citizens To Vote”

Schumer advised Trump to prove he’s not a white supremacist by letting illegals
vote....

This idiot doesn't give one krap about America!!

Hey Chuckie Schmuckie....It is ILLEGAL for Non-Citizens to vote....

RaisedRight

Postby RaisedRight » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:36 pm

A health professional in California reported cases where eclipse-viewers sought medical treatment because they put sunscreen on their eyeballs to view last week’s solar eclipse.

Glad I'm not a health professional in California because I would probably be looking for a new job because I gave them their post-eclipse diagnosis..."I'm sorry to inform you sir...but there is no cure for stupid"
:lol:

RaisedRight

Postby RaisedRight » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Gerald R. Ford's (DEMOCRAT) Remarks Restoring Rights of Citizenship to General Robert E. Lee

From the Ford Library

I am very pleased to sign Senate Joint Resolution 23, restoring posthumously the long overdue, full rights of citizenship to General Robert E. Lee. This legislation corrects a 110-year oversight of American history. It is significant that it is signed at this place. -- Gerald R. Ford, President

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:04 pm

As someone who lost almost everything in Katrina, I can hardly watch the coverage of hurricane Harvey's horrific destruction in Houston. Brings back far too many painful memories. However, where Houston is different from New Orleans, they have Governor Abbott and President Trump. I see them recovering in far less time, than it took for Louisiana after Katrina. In spite of the fact, Houston's mayor went to the "Ray Nagin School of Hurricane Preparedness." :shock:

The water is going down, so the real work will begin. Unfortunately, like in New Orleans, I expect the death count to rise exponentially, with the reseeding water. I firmly believe that every city should have an evacuation plan. After Katrina, that seems like a no brainer. But, of course, you need a mayor that doesn't downplay the threat. Unreal.

President Trump went to Texas yesterday, to offer hope to those impacted by Harvey, and what does the media focus on? Melania's shoes. ((Banging my head on my desk)) Tells me President Trump is doing a fabulous job, when all they have to complain about is Melania's footwear.

Have to laugh on twitter, at those that are blaming climate change. Ridiculous. Hurricanes have been around since the beginning of time. Long before Al Gore invented the climate change scam. It would be easier to buy climate change, if those that preach it, actually lived like they believed it. They don't.

I only wish I still lived closer, so I could do more for those impacted. I've been in their shoes, it's not a good place......

GeauxTigers

Postby GeauxTigers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:58 pm

“We are with you today, we are with you tomorrow, & we will be with you every single day after, to restore, recover, & rebuild!”
President Trump

GeauxTigers

Postby GeauxTigers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:02 pm

August 31, 2017
3:53 PM EDT

WHITE HOUSE: TRUMP WILL PERSONALLY DONATE
$1 MILLION TO HARVEY RELIEF

I hope it goes through Samaritan's Purse or the American Red Cross, both very credible, low overhead vessels of disaster relief.

And the US Treasury should appropriate the $1.6 million Pres Trump gave back to taxpayers for four year term to Harvey relief as well.

GeauxTigers

Postby GeauxTigers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm

..."After witnessing first hand the horror & devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey,my heart goes out even more so to the great people of Texas!"...
President Trump

So what is the media nonsense that our President doesn't show empathy for Harvey victims?
Fake news??

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:15 pm

GeauxTigers wrote:August 31, 2017

I hope it goes through Samaritan's Purse or the American Red Cross, both very credible, low overhead vessels of disaster relief.

And the US Treasury should appropriate the $1.6 million Pres Trump gave back to taxpayers for four year term to Harvey relief as well.

Can not tell you, how much I LOVE your screen name!! #GeauxTigers!

I'm leaning towards Samaritan's Purse, but the Red Cross would be good too. Only reason I'm pulling for Samaritan's Purse is I know their administrative fees are not as great as the Red Cross, and more of the money would go to the victims. But, they're both good organizations. I'd be happy with either.

GeauxTigers

Postby GeauxTigers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 pm

:P
Homesick Cajun wrote:
GeauxTigers wrote:August 31, 2017

8-) :P

Can not tell you, how much I LOVE your screen name!! #GeauxTigers!

I'm leaning towards Samaritan's Purse, but the Red Cross would be good too. Only reason I'm pulling for Samaritan's Purse is I know their administrative fees are not as great as the Red Cross, and more of the money would go to the victims. But, they're both good organizations. I'd be happy with either.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”