Republican No Bash Thread

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
walkerfan10

Re: Republican No Bash Thread

Postby walkerfan10 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Homesick Cajun wrote:Raised Right: Jim Jordan would be my first pick too. Afraid we're going to end up with another RINO in Keven McCarthy. Not sure he's any better than Ryan. The Speaker doesn't have to be a member of the House. Maybe Newt would like to come back. :D

Walkerfan: Good to see you!! I visit the GH board daily, even though I don't post much, and was wondering where you were. Glad to see you back!

thanks for the welcome. I am soo saddened by the death of one of our First Ladies Barbara Bush. May she rest in peace. She lived a long full life 92yrs. We all should be so lucky. My heart goes out to her family and friends

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:28 pm

BARBARA BUSH pushed boundaries, such as when she held a baby diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in front of the press, helping to fight the stigma of the disease.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 pm

walkerfan10 wrote:
Homesick Cajun wrote:Raised Right: Jim Jordan would be my first pick too. Afraid we're going to end up with another RINO in Keven McCarthy. Not sure he's any better than Ryan. The Speaker doesn't have to be a member of the House. Maybe Newt would like to come back. :D

Walkerfan: Good to see you!! I visit the GH board daily, even though I don't post much, and was wondering where you were. Glad to see you back!

thanks for the welcome. I am soo saddened by the death of one of our First Ladies Barbara Bush. May she rest in peace. She lived a long full life 92yrs. We all should be so lucky. My heart goes out to her family and friends

She was an amazing woman, with a wicked sense of humor, and a take no prisoners attitude. My heart hurts for G.H.W.B. They had been married 72 or 73 years. He's going to be lost without her.

walkerfan10

Postby walkerfan10 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Homesick Cajun wrote:
walkerfan10 wrote:

She was an amazing woman, with a wicked sense of humor, and a take no prisoners attitude. My heart hurts for G.H.W.B. They had been married 72 or 73 years. He's going to be lost without her.

people just don't stay married that long anymore. that alone puts her in a class by herself.

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm

HA HA HA Progressive "comedy" is now nothing but HATE :lol:
In my opinion the "war on women" began with Sarah Palin, the vile and hatred were so awful, yet promoted by Saturday Night Live and late night comedians.
The White House Correspondence Dinner on Saturday should put an end to it forever.
I am glad that I didn't watch it, I enjoyed Trump's rally in Michigan!

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Sillycone wrote:HA HA HA Progressive "comedy" is now nothing but HATE :lol:
In my opinion the "war on women" began with Sarah Palin, the vile and hatred were so awful, yet promoted by Saturday Night Live and late night comedians.
The White House Correspondence Dinner on Saturday should put an end to it forever.
I am glad that I didn't watch it, I enjoyed Trump's rally in Michigan!

We watched the Michigan Trump Rally too! There's NOTHING like a Trump Rally! I love them! So uplifting and patriotic. Always leaves me feeling hopeful for the future! And the crowds are amazing! I haven't seen crowds like that, since I used to go to Grateful Dead concerts. LOL

Saw a minute of the Correspondence Dinner on twitter. I'd never heard of that "comedian" before, and if I never hear her name again, it'll be too soon! How wildly inappropriate! But, of course, Sarah Huckabee Sanders handled it with dignity and grace! She's remarkable!

There's no such thing, as late night comedy anymore. I so miss the days when late night was funny. Now it's just mean spirited insults. That's not comedy. That's just hurling insults at people you don't agree with politically. Saturday Night Live used to be one of my favorite shows. Now I call it "Saturday Night Liberals". Has nothing to offer me. As President Trump would say, "Sad". :D

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Barack Obama's presidential campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violating federal disclosure laws and there was never any word about him being impeached! :oops:

RaisedRight

Postby RaisedRight » Fri May 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Friday Funny.....

Hillary’s funeral arrangements

Hillary Clinton goes to Israel to peddle her book.

While in Jerusalem suffers a heart attack and dies.

The Israeli government tells the U.S. embassy: “You can have her shipped home for $50,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for just $100.”

The Americans go into a corner to discuss for a few minutes. They return with their answer — they want Hillary shipped home.

The Israeli diplomat is puzzled and asks, “Why would you spend $50,000 to ship her home, when it would cost you only $100 to have her buried here?”

The American diplomats reply: “Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. We just can’t take the risk.”

Sillycone

Postby Sillycone » Thu May 10, 2018 5:28 pm

I am so proud of our President!
“Trump's approval has risen to 51%.”

And that is using NBC numbers. If the numbers were honest I expect the rating would be 65-75%.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Sillycone wrote:I am so proud of our President!
“Trump's approval has risen to 51%.”

And that is using NBC numbers. If the numbers were honest I expect the rating would be 65-75%.

He's amazing, absolutely amazing. Think what his numbers would be, if only the MSM actually reported the real news, instead of fake news 24/7.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”