Thoughts on daycare.....

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
mayre

Re: Thoughts on daycare.....

Postby mayre » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:05 am

Fantastic64 wrote:
Her husband is the little boy's step-father- and he is very good to him from what I have seen- but I get the feeling that granddaughter rules and whatever she says goes- apparently when step-dad gets home with him at night mom gives him a shower while step-dad cooks dinner- then its eat and off to bed-- honestly she is lazy and she does not want to take care of the little boy- she says her baby girl is easy-so I am guessing that frees her up for personal cell phone time---if I lived closer I would offer to keep him.

I'm so sorry about your great grandson's situation, mayre. The poor little tyke's probably feeling so insecure. Over time (if not addressed) this feeling will develop into self-loathing, depression, resentment, anger/rage, and a whole range of manifested destructive behaviors. Let's hope that the step-dad's care is somewhat soothing to the child. But, speaking from personal experience, nothing replaces a mother's nurturing. You said that you live some distance away from your granddaughter. How did you come to know about her day-to-day situation? Have you given any thought to intervening for your great-grandson's well-being; and how you would go about it?

I know this and I am so heartsick about it-- My son is the one who told me about the daycare situation- He tried talking to her as well but his words fell on deaf ears-- I tried to talk to her and give her some examples of risks involved in sending little ones to daycare for that long of a period of time-- I am sure my words fell on deaf ears-- so I found some literature on the internet regarding the risks of long-term daycare. I sent her the links and she responded: Hmmmm I keep telling myself maybe he is safer and better off in daycare than at home with her-- ):

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:51 am

mayre wrote:
Fantastic64 wrote:
Her husband is the little boy's step-father- and he is very good to him from what I have seen- but I get the feeling that granddaughter rules and whatever she says goes- apparently when step-dad gets home with him at night mom gives him a shower while step-dad cooks dinner- then its eat and off to bed-- honestly she is lazy and she does not want to take care of the little boy- she says her baby girl is easy-so I am guessing that frees her up for personal cell phone time---if I lived closer I would offer to keep him.

I'm so sorry about your great grandson's situation, mayre. The poor little tyke's probably feeling so insecure. Over time (if not addressed) this feeling will develop into self-loathing, depression, resentment, anger/rage, and a whole range of manifested destructive behaviors. Let's hope that the step-dad's care is somewhat soothing to the child. But, speaking from personal experience, nothing replaces a mother's nurturing. You said that you live some distance away from your granddaughter. How did you come to know about her day-to-day situation? Have you given any thought to intervening for your great-grandson's well-being; and how you would go about it?

I know this and I am so heartsick about it-- My son is the one who told me about the daycare situation- He tried talking to her as well but his words fell on deaf ears-- I tried to talk to her and give her some examples of risks involved in sending little ones to daycare for that long of a period of time-- I am sure my words fell on deaf ears-- so I found some literature on the internet regarding the risks of long-term daycare. I sent her the links and she responded: Hmmmm I keep telling myself maybe he is safer and better off in daycare than at home with her-- ):

May God be with, watch over, and protect your little one! :)

mayre

Postby mayre » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks, Fantastic.. I keep him in my prayers too-

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”