Thoughts on daycare.....

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
mayre

Thoughts on daycare.....

Postby mayre » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:01 pm

I don't understand this business of stay at home mom's who send their 2 years old and younger children to daycare for 10 hours a day, five days a week
when are they home all day-- anyone?

LuvsJason2

Re: Thoughts on daycare.....

Postby LuvsJason2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:57 pm

I wouldn't send my kids to any daycare anytime now..... and if you stay at home why would you send them to daycare.... I don't get that...but from what I been reading and hearing so much bad things about Daycare places.... to many nut jobs working around kids.... I wouldn't trust anyone... with my child it is to crazy now a day....

mayre

Postby mayre » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:08 pm

LuvsJason2 wrote:I wouldn't send my kids to any daycare anytime now..... and if you stay at home why would you send them to daycare.... I don't get that...but from what I been reading and hearing so much bad things about Daycare places.... to many nut jobs working around kids.... I wouldn't trust anyone... with my child it is to crazy now a day....

This is what I don't understand- WHY that baby has to go to daycare so much when my granddaughter is at home---I feel so bad for the little guy and I expect she will one day regret her choice but in the meantime, he suffers-

mrs mustard

Postby mrs mustard » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:55 pm

The baby may not be suffering, Mayre. If the mama doesn't want to take care of him, the child may be better off in the hands of someone who does it for a living.
A good daycare/preschool teaches kids all kinds of great things. My just-turned-three year old grandson goes 3 mornings a week, and he sings songs, knows all his letters, numbers and colors, and talks about his buddies at school. It's not all bad.

mayre

Postby mayre » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:11 pm

mrs mustard wrote:The baby may not be suffering, Mayre. If the mama doesn't want to take care of him, the child may be better off in the hands of someone who does it for a living.
A good daycare/preschool teaches kids all kinds of great things. My just-turned-three year old grandson goes 3 mornings a week, and he sings songs, knows all his letters, numbers and colors, and talks about his buddies at school. It's not all bad.

I pray you are right mrs. mustard- I understand his stepdad drops him off at 8am and picks him up at 6pm-home to eat,shower and then to bed, apparently screaming the whole time-- no time to spend bonding with his family ): he just may be better off in daycare than home with his mom- but how do you explain that to a just to just 2 year old ):

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 pm

IMO, a professional and competent daycare can be very good for a child's initial educational/social development. These days, the financial ability to full-time parent/home-make is truly a blessing. However, daycare a few days a week can enable the full-time homemaker uninterrupted time for other tasks/activities. It's important-for emotional health maintenance-that family members all take individual time for themselves, if possible. Also important is bonding with one's child(ren). All the money in the world won't take its place, because the bottom line is--all kids just want to know that their mom/dad love them.

mayre

Postby mayre » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Fantastic64 wrote:IMO, a professional and competent daycare can be very good for a child's initial educational/social development. These days, the financial ability to full-time parent/home-make is truly a blessing. However, daycare a few days a week can enable the full-time homemaker uninterrupted time for other tasks/activities. It's important-for emotional health maintenance-that family members all take individual time for themselves, if possible. Also important is bonding with one's child(ren). All the money in the world won't take its place, because the bottom line is--all kids just want to know that their mom/dad love them.

I understand a few hours a few days a week-- but 10 hours five days a week seems extreme to me, especially since the mom is a stay at home mom-

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:56 am

mayre wrote:
Fantastic64 wrote:IMO, a professional and competent daycare can be very good for a child's initial educational/social development. These days, the financial ability to full-time parent/home-make is truly a blessing. However, daycare a few days a week can enable the full-time homemaker uninterrupted time for other tasks/activities. It's important-for emotional health maintenance-that family members all take individual time for themselves, if possible. Also important is bonding with one's child(ren). All the money in the world won't take its place, because the bottom line is--all kids just want to know that their mom/dad love them.

I understand a few hours a few days a week-- but 10 hours five days a week seems extreme to me, especially since the mom is a stay at home mom-

I hear what you're saying, mayre. It sounds as if there may be some underlying issues and I don't want to judge. I'm surprised the father goes along w/it. I once had a co-worker who was back at work two weeks after giving birth! :o She said she wasn't the stay-at-home type! IMO, there were definitely issues there! I was a single parent with those same working/daycare hours. It was extra hard because my parenting was never "off the clock." I made sure to spend time/talk w/my kids whilst we were prepping for the next day. It was exhausting but it paid off. Parenting is hard work but it's about the children, not the parents. So the grown-ups have to grow up! That is all.

mayre

Postby mayre » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Fantastic64 wrote:
mayre wrote:

I hear what you're saying, mayre. It sounds as if there may be some underlying issues and I don't want to judge. I'm surprised the father goes along w/it. I once had a co-worker who was back at work two weeks after giving birth! :o She said she wasn't the stay-at-home type! IMO, there were definitely issues there! I was a single parent with those same working/daycare hours. It was extra hard because my parenting was never "off the clock." I made sure to spend time/talk w/my kids whilst we were prepping for the next day. It was exhausting but it paid off. Parenting is hard work but it's about the children, not the parents. So the grown-ups have to grow up! That is all.

Her husband is the little boy's step-father- and he is very good to him from what I have seen- but I get the feeling that granddaughter rules and whatever she says goes- apparently when step-dad gets home with him at night mom gives him a shower while step-dad cooks dinner- then its eat and off to bed-- honestly she is lazy and she does not want to take care of the little boy- she says her baby girl is easy-so I am guessing that frees her up for personal cell phone time---if I lived closer I would offer to keep him.

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Her husband is the little boy's step-father- and he is very good to him from what I have seen- but I get the feeling that granddaughter rules and whatever she says goes- apparently when step-dad gets home with him at night mom gives him a shower while step-dad cooks dinner- then its eat and off to bed-- honestly she is lazy and she does not want to take care of the little boy- she says her baby girl is easy-so I am guessing that frees her up for personal cell phone time---if I lived closer I would offer to keep him.

I'm so sorry about your great grandson's situation, mayre. The poor little tyke's probably feeling so insecure. Over time (if not addressed) this feeling will develop into self-loathing, depression, resentment, anger/rage, and a whole range of manifested destructive behaviors. Let's hope that the step-dad's care is somewhat soothing to the child. But, speaking from personal experience, nothing replaces a mother's nurturing. You said that you live some distance away from your granddaughter. How did you come to know about her day-to-day situation? Have you given any thought to intervening for your great-grandson's well-being; and how you would go about it?

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”