Reincarnation of Whitney Houston's Voice

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
BrianRose

Reincarnation of Whitney Houston's Voice

Postby BrianRose » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Below are links to Glennis Grace (singer from the Netherlands) performing 2 of Whitney's top hits. Had I heard Glennis singing these songs without watching her perform them, I would have sworn it was Whitney (my fav female singer) singing. Hope you enjoy her performances as much as I did.

I WANT TO RUN TO YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tzDpP05_YQ&index=3&list=RDQ5Vy9hlAjDA

DIDN'T WE ALMOST HAVE IT ALL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Vy9hlAjDA&list=RDQ5Vy9hlAjDA

mollycoddle

Re: Reincarnation of Whitney Houston's Voice

Postby mollycoddle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 am

Wow, that is amazing! Gorgeous voice.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 am

Sorry but I don't understand the need for singers to imitate rather than make their own music. I wish people would just let Whitney's music stand as it is. The closest I have heard to sounding like Whitney, was her friend Deborah Cox who did the vocals for the movie about Whitney. She only did it because they were not allowed to use Whitney's voice for the movie. I don't know what the purpose is of trying to sound like someone else. It must be like trying to duplicate Frank Sinatra who wasn't the greatest vocalist but had a unique style. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

RumBumBeachy

Postby RumBumBeachy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:19 pm

SaraG1000 wrote:Sorry but I don't understand the need for singers to imitate rather than make their own music. I wish people would just let Whitney's music stand as it is. The closest I have heard to sounding like Whitney, was her friend Deborah Cox who did the vocals for the movie about Whitney. She only did it because they were not allowed to use Whitney's voice for the movie. I don't know what the purpose is of trying to sound like someone else. It must be like trying to duplicate Frank Sinatra who wasn't the greatest vocalist but had a unique style. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

Because Whitney Houston was quite possibly the best singer of all time & it sucks that her voice will never make music again...so we get chill bumps & fond memories whenever we hear anyone who even comes close to sounding like her....it makes us feel good that others try to mimic her & we feel validated & proud for whatever weird reason.

mrs mustard

Postby mrs mustard » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:15 pm

And, because there are lots of great singers out there who will never be discovered, so if this gal can get people's attention by sounding like Whitney, maybe they will still be listening and supporting her when she starts doing her own thing.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 pm

To quote Herman Melville: It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”