Still Star Crossed

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
SaraG1000

Still Star Crossed

Postby SaraG1000 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Is anyone watching the new series, Still Star Crossed? I think there have only been three episodes so far and it looks like it will be cancelled because ABC is moving it from Monday night to Saturday. I have mixed feelings about it although I usually love the period pieces. The acting and costumes are great, but there's just something missing. Not sure what the problem is or even if there is one.

Would like some other opinions on it from others.

SaraG1000

Re: Still Star Crossed

Postby SaraG1000 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Judging by the lack of response, I guess nobody reading this board is watching Still Star Crossed. I'm finding it to be an interesting story. This is a period drama that picks up after the deaths of Romeo and Juliet. The acting is excellent and the costumes depicting that period in time are beautiful. I really hope this show is going to make it. If you are looking for something different from the average shows the networks force on us, this is a nice change of pace. It airs on ABC on Saturday nights.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:03 pm

I watch and love it. Not sure why it was moved to Saturday nights, but I followed them over. It's the story of what happens after the deaths of Romeo and Juliet. Maybe there aren't a lot of people interested in those families after the main characters die. I was a history minor, so I love all period pieces.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:24 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:I watch and love it. Not sure why it was moved to Saturday nights, but I followed them over. It's the story of what happens after the deaths of Romeo and Juliet. Maybe there aren't a lot of people interested in those families after the main characters die. I was a history minor, so I love all period pieces.

Hello JaggedEdge.

For awhile I thought I was the only person who watched this show. The acting is great and I do love the costumes from that time period. Also, I view the mixed cast of actors as a positive point. Traditionally, when a network moves a show to Saturday night, it is not a good sign of it sticking around. I was so disappointed with the most recent episode (4th) that I'm not sure I can continue supporting it. I really enjoy watching British actress, Lashana Lynch portray Rosaline Capulet. But, I became frustrated with the story when Rosaline didn't speak up for Benvolio Montague right in front of Prince Escalus and now I have to wait to see if the three of them get back to Verona alive. There is so much intrigue in this show, it gets convoluted. I want to slap Rosaline's sister Livia for believing Count Paris actually loves her. The woman acts too stupid to continue breathing on her own. I almost wanted someone to throw her over a balcony, but then Rosaline would never get over it. I hated the scenes with the princess almost being used sexually as a bribe. It seems Shonda's productions always take off in a weird sexual direction that is a turn off for me. Anyway, I was a fan but now I'm not sure I can hang in there because I'm 99.9% sure this story is going to get the axe. Which means, I would have invested hours into a failed show. On the other hand, I would be missing great acting and intrigue if I quit. If only the plots would stop falling all over each other and making it more work than it's worth. Okay, I've almost convinced myself to keep watching.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:59 am

I'm glad you're going to stick with it. I agree the acting is brilliant, but the story is somewhat convoluted. I'm a fan of Rosaline and Prince Escalus, and thought they would marry, but he convinced me that duty comes before love in his mind. Then again I saw a brief attraction between Rosaline and Benvolio when they first met, and was hoping they would eventually fall in love. I like Livia, but never saw an attraction between she and Count Paris. I think she's allowed herself to become too involved with him; when she had to have known he was in love with and planning to marry Juliet. Shonda is not someone I admire as a person, but her writing his fantastic. The show is well cast too, so it's insane that it isn't a hit. I'm in it until the end though.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:16 am

Jagged Edge, hope you are watching the posts. I had decided not to watch tonight so I skipped the first half hour but decided to give it another try. I should have watched because there was so much action and now I have to wait to catch it On Demand. Even though I said Livia was too stupid to keep breathing, I didn't know she was THAT dumb. :shock: Oh, well love makes people do foolish things. I won't say what happened in case you didn't see it. One thing that doesn't make any sense is how the archers always manage to get on the rooftops with all those guards around. This might turn out to be a hit after all.

wheezer

Postby wheezer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 pm

I LOVE this show. And I know lots of people who watch it. I guess the reason many haven't or don't comment is because they don't know there's a post for this show. I have just discovered the posts in this section even though I have been looking at the posts of daytime soaps for a long time. Just so happen to see what was inside this particular post.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:04 am

wheezer wrote:I LOVE this show. And I know lots of people who watch it. I guess the reason many haven't or don't comment is because they don't know there's a post for this show. I have just discovered the posts in this section even though I have been looking at the posts of daytime soaps for a long time. Just so happen to see what was inside this particular post.

Hello Wheezer, I don't think this show is going to make it. I waited for it last Saturday and it was not on. I have read it will be cancelled if it hasn't already. It would be so unfair to cancel it at this point with so many cliff hangers going on. From what I read, they had only filmed seven episodes. Last Saturday, I think was supposed to be episode 5 and there was no mention of why it was not aired. ABC aired a news type show in its place. This is why I don't like to start watching new shows; they get cancelled while I'm really into it. So nice to see your comment. :)

wheezer

Postby wheezer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:00 am

SaraG1000 wrote:
wheezer wrote:I LOVE this show. And I know lots of people who watch it. I guess the reason many haven't or don't comment is because they don't know there's a post for this show. I have just discovered the posts in this section even though I have been looking at the posts of daytime soaps for a long time. Just so happen to see what was inside this particular post.

Hello Wheezer, I don't think this show is going to make it. I waited for it last Saturday and it was not on. I have read it will be cancelled if it hasn't already. It would be so unfair to cancel it at this point with so many cliff hangers going on. From what I read, they had only filmed seven episodes. Last Saturday, I think was supposed to be episode 5 and there was no mention of why it was not aired. ABC aired a news type yshow in its place. This is why I don't like to start watching new shows; they get cancelled while I'm really into it. So nice to see your comment. :)

I think the last show aired week before last was the season finale. Don't know when it will start the next season.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm

wheezer wrote:
SaraG1000 wrote:

Hello Wheezer, I don't think this show is going to make it. I waited for it last Saturday and it was not on. I have read it will be cancelled if it hasn't already. It would be so unfair to cancel it at this point with so many cliff hangers going on. From what I read, they had only filmed seven episodes. Last Saturday, I think was supposed to be episode 5 and there was no mention of why it was not aired. ABC aired a news type yshow in its place. This is why I don't like to start watching new shows; they get cancelled while I'm really into it. So nice to see your comment. :)

I think the last show aired week before last was the season finale. Don't know when it will start the next season.

I read July 29th was the season finale. The problem is I only saw five episodes aired and I did not miss any. There were seven filmed so I'm guessing the remaining two were now shown in every area. This is a bummer. The last one I saw was when Count Paris rode into the city, Prince Escalus was wounded, Lady Rosaline and Benvolio rescued him. That certainly is the type of ending for a finale but there are still two episodes missing. I hope this series gets continued. I'm contacting ABC to find out why all shows were not aired. Sorry I went against my rule of not watching news shows in a first season.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”