Family members with cancer

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
anonymous1000

Family members with cancer

Postby anonymous1000 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Does anyone havd any family member with cancer? My father was just diagnosed with prostate cancer it haven't spread thank god but he would have surgery to remove it hopefully it will be successful as cancer & diabetes runs in my family.

Homesick Cajun

Re: Family members with cancer

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, I'm all too familiar. Lost my mother to colon cancer, fourteen years ago, last week. Sounds like your father's chances are promising with surgery. Hopefully, you had a good Father's Day with him today. I know that will be important to you both. Please keep updating on his progress.

yandrfan99

Postby yandrfan99 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:12 pm

I have had cancer and because it was diagnosed early and I was operated on within two weeks than received chemo and radiation all went well. I am now 11 years cancer free. If you father was diagnosed early and it sounds like he was than he has a very good chance of it going well. My prayers are with you, your father and your family I know first had that it is not easy.

mayre

Postby mayre » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 pm

anonymous1000 wrote:Does anyone havd any family member with cancer? My father was just diagnosed with prostate cancer it haven't spread thank god but he would have surgery to remove it hopefully it will be successful as cancer & diabetes runs in my family.

If a man is going to be diagnosed with PC now is the best time for it- the surgery is done robotically and the outcome, if it is encapsulated is very good- My Father had a radical prostatectomy in '97 very invasive procedure back then-and he has had his share of difficulty ever since- surgery today requires two little incisions..good luck to him and your family.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:29 pm

I am the one in my family with the cancer, First Stage 2 breast cancer, then skin cancer, now mysterious blood in my urine, sometimes a lot of it. I have had several scans that showed nothing except a small stone but this bleeding is not accompanied by pain so I have a bad feeling it is not the stone.

Liutious

Postby Liutious » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:23 am

My mother died from breast cancer, I miss her so much.

Saveringsauce

Postby Saveringsauce » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:04 am

It's great news that the cancer hasn't spread. Also, prostate cancer is among the most treatable types of cancer, so just keep your fingers crossed. I will be. :)

Stubby

Postby Stubby » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:50 pm

I have had many relatives pass away from Cancer. My ole man, has an appointment in the morning to make sure the Cancer he had hasn't returned.

I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”