1. Abuse: Flaming of actors, posters, or a group of people will not be tolerated - whether it be acting or physical appearance, profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, gender identity or sexual-orientation slurs. Without getting too personal, critiquing a character’s wardrobe, make-up and hair style is fine, as it is part of the production of the show in addition to writing, directing and set design. Bashing a character in a message board thread that clearly is a "no bashing" zone for that particular character is not allowed, but stating your dislike for a character in other threads is. Think twice about going into threads that push your buttons. We do not allow discriminatory, vulgar, or sexually-oriented material, nude avatars, or any other offensive material on the site or in messages or email to staff of the site. Making up nicknames is fine. Using nicknames the shows have created is fine. Using offensive names just for the sake of spewing negativity or bating other fans is against guidelines. A few examples of what not to use: Hope “Ho”, Luke “Puke”, “Phyllis” “Syphilis”. We reserve the right to edit or remove postings that go against guidelines without notification or justification. We encourage you to use constructive criticism and tact. You are welcome to voice your opinion and debate/ argue the point, however, don't argue with the poster!
2. Spamming and Removal of Posts: We reserve the right to move off topic message board posts to the lounge and to remove all spam and spammers registering with the sole intention of spamming/trolling. We are under no obligation to remove that which offends you just because you do not like it. Double posting is considered spamming so please refrain from posting identical posts. Useless posts (including ‘bumping’ threads) with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone's time. Writers and moderators will bump or remove at their own discretion. Any offensive posts can and will be removed and any harassing posts will be made available to the proper authorities.
3. Reporting Posts: The moderators try to ensure our site is a place where all can be comfortable. Due to the overwhelming amount of posts daily, we may miss the odd 'bad post'. We are unbiased and do not miss 'certain' posts so please do not accuse us of this. If you happen to come across posts in the message boards or in the comments sections that violate our guidelines, hit the 'bad post' report which is an exclamation point directly on top of each post. Feel free to do this in private messages as well. Soaps.com (or SheKnows LLC) may monitor discussions but we are not under obligation to review each and every post, nor are we obligated to share with the posters the solution that we came to. We expect posters to behave in a mature, respectful and courteous manner, while using common sense.
4. Copyright Laws: While you are free to post short excerpts of blogs and articles that you find useful from elsewhere on the web, please be sure that you also post the source from which you got the information. If you wish to post an entire article or selection of pictures you must have full written consent of the copyright holder. If you are not positive if you can post something, please ask admin first, otherwise, those posts will be removed.
6. Online Etiquette: Good etiquette online means that you DON'T USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS when you post! You may use a few words capitalized to add to your post, or utilize the bold and italic buttons for emphasis in your posts.
7. Titling Your Posts: If you have a SPOILER or a RUMOR you'd like to share with Soaps.com, we ask that you please ensure that your title is named appropriately. We ask that you please do not post the actual spoiler in the title as not everyone wants to be spoiled. If you get the spoiler from the Soaps.com website, please include a link back to the page you found it on.
Spoiler about Nikki Newman
I just heard something about Nikki
Nikki’s drinking? (Spoiler!)
8. Banning: We MAY try to first contact and come to a solution to problems that involve real community members before taking action, depending on the issue. Posting on our boards is a privilege, not a right. We do not delete screen names at request. We do not permit you to have multiple accounts or change your screen name. If we find that you have more than one account, we'll delete any extras as we see fit and bans could be placed.
9. Censorship and "Freedom of Speech": The US Bill of Rights allows citizens the right to free speech in a public forum without limitations imposed by the State. ("Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech.") SheKnows LLC sites are not "public forums"; these sites are private forums open to the public. As a general rule, however, we uphold the ideals of the Constitution and do not condone the censorship of ideas. We allow relatively free and open discussion for most topics but we adhere to a simple tenet of respect. When in doubt, please remember this golden rule of message board etiquette: It’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it.
10. Legal: You participate at your own risk on the message boards. Soaps.com takes no responsibility for the content or opinions posted here, nor do we control the information available in the interactive forums and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any interactive forum are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Please note that we cannot confirm the veracity of any poster’s identity (i.e. we make no guarantees that any poster is who or what they say they are). You take full responsibility for postings under your identification. You also agree to take responsibility for any offline issues you may have with another poster. We do not get involved in offline disputes. While we are open to feedback, public debate about how the boards are administered is discouraged. Keep in mind that we offer these message boards as a free service to their users and are not accountable in the way that elected officials are to their tax-paying constituency. Please contact us directly by email here to share your complaints or admin ideas. Although we do take them seriously, and read every email, we reserve the right not to reply. When mailing us with concerns, you must provide us with a short description of the problem and if relevant, please include message URLs (links).
To advertise with us, visit our advertising page: http://www.sheknows.com/channels/mediakit Do not post links to your own site, chain letters, virus warnings, pyramid schemes or solicitations. We will remove them and charge $50 per advertisement posted on the site without prior written consent, and we will donate the amount to a charity of our choice.
All content on Soaps.com is the property of SheKnows LLC. Reproduction in any form without permission is strictly prohibited. Linking to Soaps.com news articles, spoilers or recaps is permitted. You acknowledge that SheKnows LLC, Inc. does not control the information available in the interactive forums and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any interactive forum are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Please note that we cannot confirm the veracity of any poster’s identity (i.e. we make no guarantees that any poster is who or what they say they are).
Any communication or material you post or transmit to the Service is, and will be treated as, non- confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything you post or transmit, and you grant SheKnows LLC and its affiliates the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any information or content you post or transmit for any purpose. If you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g. e-mail address) on a bulletin board or in a chat room, that information can be collected and used by other parties and may result in unsolicited contact. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other information about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. Your IP address is recorded with every post you make.
These rules are subject to change.