What's for dinner?

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
LucyT

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby LucyT » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote LucyT: I made roast rolls and fries potatoes.My family liked it.I had an epic breakdown on twitter *) :~ oVER MY inability to cook *) Really I will never get the hang of this.I am old enough to know how to do this by now. 8)

Anyway I adore U my HSC.
I will keep trying practice makes burnt better right??? :~

What on earth happened? Please don't beat yourself up! I can't tell you how many disasters I've had in the kitchen! You can ask DH! He will happily tell you all my experiments that ended badly. And believe me, they are many! ;)

Was it the roast recipe you asked me about? :|

It WAS THE ROAST %( but mostly it was me!!!!
Was I supposed to cover the roast? :~

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:00 am

Quote LucyT:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote LucyT: I made roast rolls and fries potatoes.My family liked it.I had an epic breakdown on twitter *) :~ oVER MY inability to cook *) Really I will never get the hang of this.I am old enough to know how to do this by now. 8)

Anyway I adore U my HSC.
I will keep trying practice makes burnt better right??? :~

What on earth happened? Please don't beat yourself up! I can't tell you how many disasters I've had in the kitchen! You can ask DH! He will happily tell you all my experiments that ended badly. And believe me, they are many! ;)

Was it the roast recipe you asked me about? :|

It WAS THE ROAST %( but mostly it was me!!!!
Was I supposed to cover the roast? :~

OMG! I'm so sorry! No, you were not supposed to cover it. I can't imagine what happened. I've made that recipe many times. I feel terrible! I'm so sorry!! Maybe I made a mistake when I posted the recipe. I'll double check. Can't imagine what went wrong. %(

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:15 am

Okay, Lucy, I reread my post and it's correct. I'm truly baffled as to what went wrong. I know you were trying to do 2 roasts at one time. How long did you leave them at 500? And did you turn the oven completely off or leave it at about 200 (or it's lowest setting)? I cannot image what happened. But, I'm most curious as to what you did. This recipe is really very easy. :~

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:34 am

Quote Homesick Cajun: Okay, Lucy, I reread my post and it's correct. I'm truly baffled as to what went wrong. I know you were trying to do 2 roasts at one time. How long did you leave them at 500? And did you turn the oven completely off or leave it at about 200 (or it's lowest setting)? I cannot image what happened. But, I'm most curious as to what you did. This recipe is really very easy. :~

PLEAS DO NOT BE SORRY! I left them at 500 for 15 minutes because they looked very dark in places.Then I coooked them for 2or so :~ hrs at 200.The meat on bottom was juicy but the top half was very dry.Mostly I messed w/ the seasoning and it ruined the flavor FOR ME.It had nothing to do w/ you! You are my saving grace in the kitchen.Just ask my husband he hasn't had it this good in 27 yrs.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Quote LucyT:
Quote Homesick Cajun: Okay, Lucy, I reread my post and it's correct. I'm truly baffled as to what went wrong. I know you were trying to do 2 roasts at one time. How long did you leave them at 500? And did you turn the oven completely off or leave it at about 200 (or it's lowest setting)? I cannot image what happened. But, I'm most curious as to what you did. This recipe is really very easy. :~

PLEAS DO NOT BE SORRY! I left them at 500 for 15 minutes because they looked very dark in places.Then I coooked them for 2or so :~ hrs at 200.The meat on bottom was juicy but the top half was very dry.Mostly I messed w/ the seasoning and it ruined the flavor FOR ME.It had nothing to do w/ you! You are my saving grace in the kitchen.Just ask my husband he hasn't had it this good in 27 yrs.

Okay. That should have worked. I don't understand. Oh well, can't win them all! :)

I'm making chili today. Been up since 2am. DH had to go to Texas early this morning. Going to be a long day if i don't make time for a nap. ;)

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 am

Last night we had pork tenderloin baked potatoes and green beans along w/cottage cheese and apple sauce.
I didn't burn anything.
Everyone ate it and enjoyed it.
The only casualty was my 9x13 baking dish which exploded with the first round of baked potatoes in shards all over my kitchen.
That led to my husband picking glass out of my feet but in the end all is well that ends well and does not burn.

HomesickCajun I hope U got some rest yesterday!
How are your kids?

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:08 am

Good morning!

Lucy, we had pork last night too. Ours was leftover. ;) I had made a pork roast early in the week, forgot to post it, and we had the leftovers last night. Also, green beans and red potatoes.

I broke a casserole dish once by taking it out of the oven and put it on top of the stove on a burner that I had forgotten to turn off. ~) The bottom shattered. It was a huge mess! It was my favorite one too! I still miss that dish.

Had a lot I wanted to get accomplished yesterday, but my neighbor, the neighborhood Gladys Kravitz, "dropped by" and I thought she would never leave. I feel so unobservant when I talk to her. We don't need a neighborhood watch program as long as she lives around here. She knows all. 3)

The kids are good. Dega is almost back to his old self. Looks like we dodged a bullet and he won't have to have surgery on his back. Now, if I can just keep him off the furniture. That's easier said than done.

DH is out of town, so I'll be having something easy tonight, since it's just me.

Have a wonderful day! :)

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Morning everyone!
Was out yesterday at a memorial.

I am making chicken stew later, I love South Florida produce in September!

Glad to hear Dega is getting better!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Last night we had Deli bought BBQ CHICKEN,I cut up carrots,celery,cucumbers...raw veggies and served them w/ranch dressing as always we has apple sauce cottage cheese and beets.My girls and I love pickled beets.It makes me so strangle happy that my girls love them because my grandma always had them on the table too.

I miss my grandma!

Love coming here, miss calliope so so much %(

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:45 pm

I get nervous when This thread gets quite for so long??? %(
I hope the kids are all good HSC You also Layngel.

I fixed ham and beans but used pinto beans instead of navy beans it was good and filling.I was trying to make re fried beans but made way to many.So added the ham later. ;)

Not sure what else we've been eating but I am sure I have been eating way to much of it!

Love ya get yourselves back here!!

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”