What's for dinner?

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
calliope

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby calliope » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 pm

My daughter watches The Following and says it is great. Maybe you need to start watching past seasons of The Walking Dead. I love that show!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Quote calliope: My daughter watches The Following and says it is great. Maybe you need to start watching past seasons of The Walking Dead. I love that show!

My husband wants to watch the walking dead.My best friend thinks I'm crazy for not watching it also.I am afraid!Zombie's are so gruesome.I do not want to dream about Zombie's!!!!

I am a Dallas and survivor fan both start next week that along with B&B &GH y&r when I watch is probably more t.v. Than I need.

You never know though.Maybe when the long hot summer drives me in doors.Oh how I wish it was summer.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:09 am

Quote calliope: My daughter watches The Following and says it is great. Maybe you need to start watching past seasons of The Walking Dead. I love that show!

We used to watch The Walking Dead, well he did. I caught a couple of episodes. I just can't get into the zombies. But, DH stopped watching it awhile back. He said it was because of the writing. I don't know if there was a change in the writing staff or a change in the direction of the program. But whatever it was, he stopped watching it. And there was a time he liked it a lot! So I don't know what happened. :~

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:59 am

Good Friday morning all! Everybody ready for the weekend?

When I posted in here yesterday I completely forgot to post what I did for dinner Wednesday. I made a pork roast in the crock pot with steamed cabbage and pinto beans. DH was out of town last night so I had leftovers.

Not sure what I'm going to do for tonight. I'm really in the mood for Italian.

Anybody doing anything special this weekend? We'll be watching the Daytona 500 on Sunday but that's really all on the schedule around here.

Have a great Friday!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:19 pm

I just ate two corn dogs with Ketchup and mustard.We are not planning on doing anything this weekend.My husband may roof if not I have plans to paint the first floor bath.EXCITING STUFF!

calliope

Postby calliope » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:28 pm

I am having a salmon patty, pork shank Osso Bucco style and garlic mashed taters! Yep, you guessed, leftovers from eating out last night.
Actually I think the dogs will get the salmon.
I never could get corn dogs, although I like hot dogs!
Nothing special planned for this weekend. Actually after having the girls all last weekend I am ready for some selfish lazy time! I forgot about Daytona, that's why all the motorcycles last weekend! They usually do a run down to the keys to raise heck and then back up for the race.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:37 am

Good Saturday morning all!

Lucy, I used to live on corn dogs before I got married. I had them several times a week with ketchup, mustard and a pickle and barbecue chips on the side. I haven't had one in ages.

Calliope, yep Daytona is tomorrow. We used to follow Nascar but after Dale Sr., was tragically killed in the 2001 500 we've really lost interest in the sport. We did go to Daytona for the 2009 race. Matt Kenseth won that one and the next day I got to drive a race car! How cool is that! I got it up to about 150 mpr. It was wild! Had to follow an instructor, and that was as fast as he would go for people like me. I was the only girl in that class. It was great!

Last night I made a pizza and today will be red beans, rice, pork chops and cornbread. This place will smell like home all day long. Going to get them on early this morning so I can enjoy the aroma all day long.

Everybody have a great day!

Calypso

Postby Calypso » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:47 pm

HC, the Captain would be jealous of you driving a race car around the track at Daytona. He is a car guy.

This is what we've been eating the last couple of days:

On Friday, I made a chicken recipe of my own. It has sauteed chicken tenders on top of spinach, white beans, and stewed tomatoes, topped with pesto and baked. Served with bowtie pasta.
Tonight we are having home made calzone. I use store bought pizza dough. I roll it out, and line it, only halfway with italian meats, cheeses, and red peppers and onions. Fold over the top and brush with egg wash. Served with bolognese sauce for dipping.
Tomorrow we're having a bone in pork roast, with garlic and rosemary I might try a new glaze with balsamic vinegar and molasses.. Not sure yet about the sides.

Next week it's all the leftovers.
Here at the beach the weather is looking up, it was almost 50 today and everything is melting. The Captain is happy because he's been worried about ice dams on the roof. If the snow melts enough, I might be able to see some of my snowdrops, first flowers.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:50 am

Good Monday morning everyone! Hope your weekend was great! The Daytona 500 was rained delayed so long by the time they resumed it was almost my bedtime. I fell asleep with twenty laps to go. %(

Calypso, the Captain probably already knows this but there are "Richard Petty Driving Experience" schools available at a lot of the Nascar tracks on the circuit or on race tracks near the sanctioned tracks. That's what I did. You take classes before they let you get behind the wheel. It's really eye opening as far as what the drivers experience.

Yesterday I made barbecue country style pork ribs with corn on the cob and baked beans. On the menu today is a cross rib roast with garlic au gratin potatoes.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:57 pm

I am not feeling well today but I put beef tips covered in Teriyaki(spell?) :~ sauce in the crock pot will add pineapple bits about 30 minuted before we are ready to eat and serve over rice.probably will have steamed carrots with it because I have them ;)

My husband talked me into watching Jericho over the weekend so that is our new time waster at our home.

Dallas starts tonight on TNT I love Dallas.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”