What's for dinner?

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Homesick Cajun

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 am

Quote metalchica:
Quote Homesick Cajun: Hi Lucy! Missed you too! Sorry I've been MIA, just had to take a break from the board. Calliope sent me an email telling me you were looking for us. Wanted to let you know we're both still among the living! It had just gotten to be too negative, too much hate and down right nasty posts. (I hate the word "nasty". It's so incredibly overused on the board, but it's the best way to describe it!) All the back stage turmoil at Y&R has made it's way to the board. Just got to be too much for me so took a little break. Also, I stopped watching the show last week. Don't know when or if I'll start again. Major changes need to happen before I do. Have been watching Days and GH a little bit. Calliope will (hopefully) be back tomorrow. Her absence is not voluntary. ;) What did you do to your shoulder??

Hi Metalchica! Who is that on your avatar? Please come back and post with us often! Love to see new posters in here! I've seen your name, maybe on the B&B side of the world?

Was reading through since I've been gone and everything sounds so good! Making me hungry and it hasn't been long since breakfast!

Last night we had steak fajitas. Had some thin sliced chuck steak and thought I had marinated it long enough to tenderize it. Wrong!! It was like shoe leather! But we suffered through! :~

Everyone have a great day!! The weekend is almost here! :)

Hi Homesick Cajun,
Nice to meet you. That is my 20 yr old son. Hes in a band and Im a proud mom :D
Have a great night.

I'll bet you are proud! I would be too! I'm an old rock and roller. An old Dead head actually. My avatar is a Grateful Dead rose. Thinking about changing it to their dancing bear! Nice to meet you too! :)

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:34 am

Good morning all!

Well, last night DH was in Texas so it was just me, so I had a leftover fajita. Found a piece of leftover steak from a couple of nights ago, so didn't suffer though the tough as leather chuck steak again for my fajita.

I thawed a red snapper for dinner tonight. I'm experimenting with a new recipe for snapper with a shrimp cream sauce. If it turns out good, I'll post what I did tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Everybody have a great Friday!!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:52 am

Quote metalchica:
Quote LucyT:
Quote metalchica: Tonight its a usual-spaghetti and meatballs-as a veghead dont eat the meatballs. Salad with 3 cheese Ranch dressing- and garlic bread. Same old stuff. Last night was good-we made tortilla shell double layer pizzas-I had my refried beans and hubby had taco meat. They were awesome.

Hi,It has been lonely here happy to see you post.I haven't been checking in much because I hurt my shoulder and even typing is killing me!!!It is getting better though finally!!

Your tortilla shell double layer sound really good! We had fried tortilla tacos last night with taco meat, beans, corn, onions, cilantro, tomatoes,peppers, lettuce, cheese, taco sauce and sour cream serves with cinnamon apple sauce.

We are having a Lost marathon at my home.I never watched it but always wanted with my shoulder out of order.My husband decided it was the perfect time to distract me from my Brill obsession.Now I am having some pretty strange dreams :-) pain meds and lost maybe not the best combo! ;)

DO NOT GIVE ANYTHING AWAY!!I DO NOT KNOW THE ENDING!!!! :-) :) :-)

ewwwww-that sounds yummy. we eat a ton of mexican food. made texas chili-i eat it-just not the steak in it.
so glad your shoulder is finally starting to improve-sorry you are in pain. i remember when i fell backwards into the bathtub and hurt my shoulder-couldnt raise my arm for a month. wishing you a faster healing.

I remember when that happened.I thought about it a few times these past weeks.Last night I was so sure my shoulder was completely healed that I cut my husbands hair and now I wish I had waited but at least I can breath with out pain and typing is much less painful so I am still much better.For awhile the only way it was bearable was for my husband to rub it and to eat pain meds like candy.

My family loves Mexican food we have a Mexican night at our home weekly.

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote LucyT:
Quote Homesick Cajun: Hi Lucy! Missed you too! Sorry I've been MIA, just had to take a break from the board. Calliope sent me an email telling me you were looking for us. Wanted to let you know we're both still among the living! It had just gotten to be too negative, too much hate and down right nasty posts. (I hate the word "nasty". It's so incredibly overused on the board, but it's the best way to describe it!) All the back stage turmoil at Y&R has made it's way to the board. Just got to be too much for me so took a little break. Also, I stopped watching the show last week. Don't know when or if I'll start again. Major changes need to happen before I do. Have been watching Days and GH a little bit. Calliope will (hopefully) be back tomorrow. Her absence is not voluntary. ;) What did you do to your shoulder??

Hi Metalchica! Who is that on your avatar? Please come back and post with us often! Love to see new posters in here! I've seen your name, maybe on the B&B side of the world?

Was reading through since I've been gone and everything sounds so good! Making me hungry and it hasn't been long since breakfast!

Last night we had steak fajitas. Had some thin sliced chuck steak and thought I had marinated it long enough to tenderize it. Wrong!! It was like shoe leather! But we suffered through! :~

Everyone have a great day!! The weekend is almost here! :)

I am so HAPPY you are alive and posting.
My inspiration to cook had dried up without you :)
I get the Y&R thing I haven't read the boards because it is way to heart breaking.I haven't watched for awhile regularly and am not watching now even though there are vets I still feel attachment to just not the S/L.
I don't know what to say about Y&R every time I thought things couldn't get any worse they did.I am just very sad.
B&B isn't getting me to excited these days either.I like GH even though I haven't watched it for that long Grew up watching CBS soaps but something had to change and I love SOAPS.

I hurt my shoulder throwing a hard out of control punch and it has been nearly three weeks of pain.I will not be boxing EVER!!!Silly idea but it looked so easy *)

I can't wait to hear from Calliope also.I wonder where some of the other posters are?
So happy you are well hows the babies and your husband?

Boxing!! How does your hubby feel about your new hobby? Is he hiding behind the couch these days? LOL I feel for you, I tore my rotator cuff and had to have surgery a few years ago. That was miserable!

Hubby is good and the babies are spoiled rotten! I need to hurry up and order that chastity belt for Bristol. I've put it off and she's going to be in heat again soon, unfortunately! Not looking forward to a repeat of that. 8)

The only people hiding from me is my oldest children.Poor kids every time they see me I send them to change out the laundry or load the dishes.They both have retreated to their rooms up stairs and are pretending they can't here me. :~ ;)
I thought it might be getting close to time again.Maybe puppies for spring would be fun but so hard to let go of.

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 am

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good morning all!

Well, last night DH was in Texas so it was just me, so I had a leftover fajita. Found a piece of leftover steak from a couple of nights ago, so didn't suffer though the tough as leather chuck steak again for my fajita.

I thawed a red snapper for dinner tonight. I'm experimenting with a new recipe for snapper with a shrimp cream sauce. If it turns out good, I'll post what I did tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Everybody have a great Friday!!

I never cook fish but want to learn.My husband will not eat fish at all but I like fish and so does my youngest three children,well they like cod not sure about catfish or fish with stronger tastes.I still would like to learn to cook one without drying it out.

Tonight is Friday so we will have pizza and salad from the Pizza place my husband runs.Poor man has worked 12 hr shifts all week and now he will work another 4 on top of that tonight and tomorrow.I am pretty lucky.Need to remember that more.Last night we had Chicken fried rice.It wasn't cooked long enough for me but my husband and kids liked it.

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:34 am

Quote calliope: Happy New Year everyone! I got back home yesterday. It was a terribly sad trip but also wonderful to be with 2 of my sisters and my brother's children. There were many tears but also many laughs. I spent NY E with my sisters, probably hasn't happened since I was very young. I am praying 2014 is better to this family of mine than 2013 was. The last 3 months of 2013 just sucked!
HC I turned 50 in NO also. We were living in the hotel and my son and daughter, along with her 2 little boys, drove in from FL and surprised me. Great 50th. AND we had power! Lucy, you tell your husband he must have a 50th celebration....it is the entrance to adulthood! Promise him you won't have another until his 100th!

Calliope I hear your not posting right now but if your still reading.

I hope you are having a great vacation ;) I also hope you are doing well and that your weekend will be a peaceful one.I miss you and hope you post again soon.Eat some yummy food and think about us. 3)

calliope

Postby calliope » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:51 pm

I have returned from hiatus today! Looks like you held the fort down on your own for a bit!
Good to see Metalchica here! A Walking Dead fan like me.
I have no food to report unless it is our lunch at work today. On Friday the owner and I have lunch here and go over the week. Today we had from the Vietnamese restaurant. Vermicelli Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken. So good!
I am hoping for a productive weekend and not a lay on my butt weekend watching too many movies. I have to wash my car and I really, really, really have to rake up some leaves. I am going to lose the dogs in them pretty soon if I don't.
Have a great weekend everyone!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Quote calliope: I have returned from hiatus today! Looks like you held the fort down on your own for a bit!
Good to see Metalchica here! A Walking Dead fan like me.
I have no food to report unless it is our lunch at work today. On Friday the owner and I have lunch here and go over the week. Today we had from the Vietnamese restaurant. Vermicelli Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken. So good!
I am hoping for a productive weekend and not a lay on my butt weekend watching too many movies. I have to wash my car and I really, really, really have to rake up some leaves. I am going to lose the dogs in them pretty soon if I don't.
Have a great weekend everyone!

I am so happy you are back I miss the people on this thread more than any other.I get lots of great ideas here also.
I am going to do very little this weekend the kids want to go sledding and to the library and my 10 year old is begging to get her ears pierced.
I am hoping my husband will handle sledding and library duty while I handle the ear piercing.
We my husband and I along with my oldest child will probably watch way more Lost than we should.We just finished season 3 .I could see us pushing thru the next 3 fairly quickly.

Again please no one give away anything until I am done.I know I am way late to the show but I had smaller kids when it started and didn't have time to watch T.V. then.

I hear the ending will disappoint me but so far the show has been very action filled.

o.k. that was a long Lost segment LOL.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:53 am

Good Saturday Morning all!

Lucy, fear not. I can't give away any Lost secrets. I've not watched one single episode. So, no worries with me.

With no football this weekend, %( that's what we'll do too. Catch up on DVR recorded programs. We're a couple of weeks behind on Blacklist, Chicago Fire, and The Following is now back on and we haven't watched any of those yet. I don't want any spoilers about those shows either. Calliope. :)

Calliope sooooo happy you're back!! Would say more, but I don't want to be warming the bench. 3)

Must tell you guys about my experiment last night! Metalchica, I know you said you don't eat meat, do you eat fish? If so, I thought this turned out amazing!!

This recipe I took from two different recipes I ran across on line. I took what I thought was the best of both. I used red snapper but it would also work with cod or tilapia etc., too.

Ingredients:

2 red snapper fillets (about 1lb total)
Cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup frozen shrimp
1/2 stick butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbs chopped garlic
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 cup Parmesean (sp?) cheese

First, I seasoned the fillets with salt, pepper and a little cayenne pepper. Then in a lightly sprayed casserole dish I put the snapper side by side and sprinkled the shrimp over the snapper. Melted the butter in a saucepan then added the heavy cream, garlic and parsley. Then added the cheese just till the cheese melted. When that was mixed together well, I poured that over the shrimp and snapper and baked uncovered for thirty minutes at 325 degrees.

I could have eaten the sauce with a spoon! It was yummy!! We had that and baked potatoes.

This was easy peasy too. And clean up was a breeze! This will be a regular from now on.

Everybody have a great Saturday!!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:38 pm

That sounds amazing!I must try it.The sauce sounds so delicious I bet my husband would have to try it!

DON'T YOU EVER GO MISSING AGAIN!!!! :)

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”