What's for dinner?

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
LucyT

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby LucyT » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Quote calliope:
Quote LucyT:
Quote calliope:
Quote Calypso: When the Captain is away, and I eat supper by myself...these are my ideas:

omlet with fruit and toast
Cheese Dreams: English muffins topped with a slice of tomato and cheese, and anything else that looks good
grilled cheese and a big glass of wine
forget the main dish and just have a bowl of ice cream

Since I am alone I eat like that a lot! Found chocolate marshmallow ice cream at Publix. I'm not a big sweet eater but sometimes that is all I want. A vodka tonic on the side!

I could use a great BIG margarita right now!

I love a margarita . But only with salt. I think it is the salt I like. :~

Me too!I salt my ice also.

calliope

Postby calliope » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Quote LucyT:
Quote calliope:
Quote LucyT:
Quote calliope:
Quote Calypso: When the Captain is away, and I eat supper by myself...these are my ideas:

Cheese Dreams: English muffins topped with a slice of tomato and cheese, and anything else that looks good

Since I am alone I eat like that a lot! Found chocolate marshmallow ice cream at Publix. I'm not a big sweet eater but sometimes that is all I want. A vodka tonic on the side!

I never drink in the afternoon except if we were on vacation and maybe have a beer with lunch, BUT once in awhile when we lived in Key West we would make a blender of these concoctions and sit out back by the water. The sun, the margaritas...those were happy times!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Quote calliope:
Quote LucyT:
Quote calliope:
Quote LucyT:
Quote calliope:

I never drink in the afternoon except if we were on vacation and maybe have a beer with lunch, BUT once in awhile when we lived in Key West we would make a blender of these concoctions and sit out back by the water. The sun, the margaritas...those were happy times!

It sounds so wonderful!

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 am

Good Saturday morning everyone!

Calliope that does sound wonderful. I don't usually drink in the afternoon either, except Mardi Gras, St Patrick's Day, my birthday, Christmas (eggnog), Thanksgiving, (eggnog again), New Years Day (mimosas). Oh, what the heck, today I imagine. Don't think I can watch LSU and Alabama this afternoon sober. LOL Could get ugly. I hope not, but plan to be prepared just in case. :)

Back on topic. Yesterday I made Jambalaya. I need a new canister of Creole seasoning. It wasn't nearly as spicy as I thought it would be. Considering the amount of seasoning I put in. Guess it's lost it's punch. But DH loved it. So, that's good, since there's no way to make a little bit, he will see it again, and again, and again.

Everybody have a great weekend. Fingers Crossed for LSU!

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Saturday morning everyone!

Calliope that does sound wonderful. I don't usually drink in the afternoon either, except Mardi Gras, St Patrick's Day, my birthday, Christmas (eggnog), Thanksgiving, (eggnog again), New Years Day (mimosas). Oh, what the heck, today I imagine. Don't think I can watch LSU and Alabama this afternoon sober. LOL Could get ugly. I hope not, but plan to be prepared just in case. :)

Back on topic. Yesterday I made Jambalaya. I need a new canister of Creole seasoning. It wasn't nearly as spicy as I thought it would be. Considering the amount of seasoning I put in. Guess it's lost it's punch. But DH loved it. So, that's good, since there's no way to make a little bit, he will see it again, and again, and again.

Everybody have a great weekend. Fingers Crossed for LSU!

GO LSU ,I might as well,I don't have a team.

We just ate a big brunch and I am tired from the cooking serving and cleaning.Next week big breakfast Saturday will be much smaller.

My family loves breakfast food. except my egg white eater that kid is trying 8) ;)

I hope you all the best weekend!!!don't drink to much w/out me!

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 am

Good Monday morning all!

Hope everyone is having a great day. It's been a fun morning so far. LOL Wish I could play all day, but sadly, too much else to do. :)

Calliope, we watched the Blacklist over the weekend, OMG I hated they killed him off! He would have been a great addition to the show. Robert Sean Leonard plays bad as well as he does good. Great episode. That's a really good program.

Saturday I baked a small ham and we had ham and baked beans. I love to do things like that on the weekends. That way we can just snack or "graze" as Calypso says, and I can watch football without being in the kitchen all day.

Last night we had hamburgers and leftover baked beans.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi all, tonight we had cheese steaks,chicken soup or egg salad sandwiches and what ever else we could find. ;)

How many of you cook your own Thanksgiving Dinner? What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions?

My family loves Thanksgiving.We plan shop and prep ahead of time together. get the food cooking and settle in to enjoy the Thanksgiving Day parade on T.V with a fruit tray and a cheese ball.

We eat our meal in the evening by candle light.
Between parade time and Dinner we have done various things according to the weather and who shows up to share our day.
We always make thankful leaves and play some kind of game.
This year I am hoping to watch my boys play football in the park.A small town tradition from my childhood that I have been missing and my children have heard me speak of often.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Lucy your Thanksgiving sounds like a Norman Rockwell painting. That's a beautiful family picture.

I always make our Thanksgiving dinner. The one and only real tradition is I make my mother's cornbread dressing. Since it's only the two of us, I usually bake a turkey breast or sometimes I bake a whole chicken. This year, I've already got a turkey breast for Thanksgiving.

Oh, I almost forgot, we do have one other Thanksgiving tradition, wait for it.....drum roll please......we watch football! :) I know what a complete shock 8) that comes to you all. :-)

Haven't really cooked anything this week. Made a Mexican casserole Tuesday night. I posted the recipe for it here the last time I made it.

DH is out of town tonight, so going to raid the fridge and see what's leftover. ~)

Calliope, how's it going in your neck of the woods. :D

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Thank you Homesick Cajun,it does sound pretty but sometimes in the thick of it it feels like work.LOL WORTHY WORK!

care to share your moms recipe?I haven't ever made it with corn bread do you just use corn bread in place of the regular bread?my family loves corn bread.

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Calliope I have been missing you I see you over at the B&B BOARD but don't want to taint you with my ship. ;) lol

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”