Need Advice re: Office job

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
val15

Need Advice re: Office job

Postby val15 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:49 pm

I just started a new job threee weeks ago as an office assistant. My supervisor, the office manager, runs the business practically singlehandedly. She just gave notice that she is quitting because she can no longer handle the stress. I'm in no position to step in and fill her shoes, esp. after only three weeks. The owner doesn't really take an interest in running it because he's too busy making sales. I have no clue what I'm obligated to do and how what I do will look on my resume. Any suggestions?

Star Steffy

Re: Need Advice re: Office job

Postby Star Steffy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 am

I hope your supervisor stays and trains you for her job. Maybe the boss can hire a few more people part time and each of you take a piece of the supervisors job. This way the stress can be divided up between more people...it wouldn't be so over whelming. ;)

val15

Re: Need Advice re: Office job

Postby val15 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:45 am

Wow, it seems like forever ago since I wrote that post. Since then I quit that job, started a new one that involved -- you guessed it -- basically no training, and went back to my old 8 to 5 where I worked in 2001. So happy. Training at this job is continuing and ongoing. Wish I had never left in the first place.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”