MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
Coastie

MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel

Postby Coastie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:06 pm

By BNO News
NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — MSNBC President Phil Griffin on Friday announced that MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann was suspended indefinitely without pay, after news that he had donated to three Democratic candidates.
“I became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay,” said Griffin in a statement.

StL Cardinal Fan

Re: MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel

Postby StL Cardinal Fan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Quote Coastie: By BNO News
NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — MSNBC President Phil Griffin on Friday announced that MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann was suspended indefinitely without pay, after news that he had donated to three Democratic candidates.
“I became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay,” said Griffin in a statement.

WooHoo.....we can only hope that indefinitely means FOREVER!!

bigtimesoapfan

Postby bigtimesoapfan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:11 pm

LMAO!!!!! :D SEE Now that's funny "news"!! That guy aggravates the crapolla out of me!! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person!! :D

Coastie

Postby Coastie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:10 pm

From Washington Post:
MSNBC host Keith Olberman made campaign contributions to Democrats, one of whom appeared on his program, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

Olbermann donated the maximum allowable amount to failed Democratic Senate candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky and Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona. Olbermann donated to the Arizona lawmakers on Oct. 28 - the same day Grijalva appeared on Olbermann's show. Grijalva won another term, while Giffords appears to be leading in her race for re-election. Conway lost his Senate bid to Rand Paul.

In a statement to Politico, Olbermann said, "One week ago, on the night of Thursday October 28 2010, after a discussion with a friend about the state of politics in Arizona, I donated $2,400 each to the reelection campaigns of Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. I also donated the same amount to the campaign of Democratic Senatorial candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky." Olbermann went on to say he "did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns, nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level."

The news comes in the wake of Olbermann's harsh criticism of Fox News parent company News Corp., which donated to Republican-leaning groups. MSNBC president Phil Griffin also issued an open challenge in light of the News Corp. donations, saying to The New York Times in October, "Show me an example of us fundraising."

Olbermann should have read his contract!

StL Cardinal Fan

Postby StL Cardinal Fan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Quote Coastie: From Washington Post:
MSNBC host Keith Olberman made campaign contributions to Democrats, one of whom appeared on his program, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

Olbermann donated the maximum allowable amount to failed Democratic Senate candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky and Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona. Olbermann donated to the Arizona lawmakers on Oct. 28 - the same day Grijalva appeared on Olbermann's show. Grijalva won another term, while Giffords appears to be leading in her race for re-election. Conway lost his Senate bid to Rand Paul.

In a statement to Politico, Olbermann said, "One week ago, on the night of Thursday October 28 2010, after a discussion with a friend about the state of politics in Arizona, I donated $2,400 each to the reelection campaigns of Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. I also donated the same amount to the campaign of Democratic Senatorial candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky." Olbermann went on to say he "did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns, nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level."

The news comes in the wake of Olbermann's harsh criticism of Fox News parent company News Corp., which donated to Republican-leaning groups. MSNBC president Phil Griffin also issued an open challenge in light of the News Corp. donations, saying to The New York Times in October, "Show me an example of us fundraising."

Olbermann should have read his contract!

---->>>Next they should check out Rachel Madcow's contributions too!! :D

Longhornsfan79

Postby Longhornsfan79 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Im sure the Huffington Post will pick him up....its the only other corrupt liberal "news orginazation" that will have him....oh wait I forgot NPR....or just maybe Olderdork can replace Robert Gibbs...Im sure he would LOVE to be Obambas Chief Propaganda Minister :D

cats meow

Postby cats meow » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:49 pm

i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates ?)

Coastie

Postby Coastie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Quote cats meow: i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates ?)

Fox News programming head Bill Shine said there's no company policy against talk show personalities giving to candidates, but said Hannity would disclose the donation when Bachmann appears.

"It always good to remember that he's not a journalist, he's a conservative TV host," Shine said. "If he wants to donate to a candidate, he certainly can."

simplyirresistible

Postby simplyirresistible » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Quote cats meow: i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates ?)

The Fox News commentator Sean Hannity, according to the Salon website, gave $5,000 to a political committee that supported Michele Bachmann, a Republican congresswoman and Tea Party favourite. But Fox, unlike MSNBC, sees no conflict of interest.
www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/05/nbc-anchorman-suspended-donating-democrats

Cats the difference is that MSNBC has rules about their anchors not showing partiality to any political party. FOX however has not such policy as they in no way attempt to be "Fair and Balance". One network has morals and rules the other is just one side and one side only. They can do whatever they please while condemning others for doing the same thing. Fox anchors gave twice the amount Olberman did to each candidate they backed. Shows you which networks are UNFAIR in their reporting don't it? ~) Pot meet kettle FOX!

cats meow

Postby cats meow » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Quote simplyirresistible:

The Fox News commentator Sean Hannity, according to the Salon website, gave $5,000 to a political committee that supported Michele Bachmann, a Republican congresswoman and Tea Party favourite. But Fox, unlike MSNBC, sees no conflict of interest.
www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/05/nbc-anchorman-suspended-donating-democrats

Cats the difference is that MSNBC has rules about their anchors not showing partiality to any political party. FOX however has not such policy as they in no way attempt to be "Fair and Balance". One network has morals and rules the other is just one side and one side only. They can do whatever they please while condemning others for doing the same thing. Fox anchors gave twice the amount Olberman did to each candidate they backed. Shows you which networks are UNFAIR in their reporting don't it? ~) Pot meet kettle FOX!

welcome aboard!!! you are in for quite the ride,

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”