Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Jonathan Returns to GL This Week

Monday, July 30 2007

Tom Pelphrey (Soaps.com)
    After several weeks of Reva snatching moments with him on the phone and almost meeting up with him face to face, Guiding Light fan favorite and Emmy Award winner Tom Pelphrey will actually be returning to Springfield in the role of Jonathan Randall this week. After months of being teased, viewers may be wondering what brings him back to the show this time? It seems to be a bit of a family crisis. More specifically, Olivia's unconcealed vendetta against Reva and her clan, which now threatens to do more than tarnish the Shayne matriarch's already scarlet image this time around. Since discovering that Jonathan is really alive after faking his death and vanishing with his daughter, Olivia poses more of a problem to him and his mother than either ever expected.

This return of the prodigal son comes after months of speculation on Pelphrey's possible resumption of the role. So far, the young actor is only committed to this brief appearance but rumors of a more permanent commitment continue to circulate. This week will also see the re-appearance of the deceased Tammy Winslow (Stephanie Gatschet) in a ghostly cameo on Tuesday, July the 30th. Pelphrey's appearance is part of the a wider campaign now under way to publicize the upcoming book Jonathan's Story, set to be released by Pocket Books on September 18th. The novel tells the tale of the troublesome young man turned devoted father dealing with the death of his beloved Tammy and raising his little daughter. For more information, please visit Soaps.com's previous story about it here.

Posted by plottwister at Monday, July 30 2007 01:58 PM

KNEW IT!!!!! Now if you guys could just swing the tale of a reunion with TAMMY...i wld be eva so greatful!!LULLULVLUVLUVLUV those two!

Posted by i love soaps at Monday, July 30 2007 03:49 PM

Welcome back Tom, love ya.

Posted by Sunflowereyes at Monday, July 30 2007 04:44 PM

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the preview today... I love Jonathon...but not with Tammy....with Lizzie!!!!

Posted by La Libra at Monday, July 30 2007 04:48 PM

It's weird that Olivia is the one who brings this secret out. I thought she "loved" her nephew Jonathan! He was raised by her sister afterall. He calls her "Aunt Liv"! Wow, she's doing alot for the love the Jeffery..... who by the way is getting more and more disgusted by her lack of subtlety when it comes to him.

Posted by La Libra at Monday, July 30 2007 04:50 PM

Oh yeah.... and please don't bring Stephanie Gatschet back if she is to hook up with more of that 1st cousin love..... yuck!!!

Posted by CBSoapKing at Monday, July 30 2007 06:16 PM

WOOHOO! Jonathan baby is coming back! That's good enough reason to reserve my time to check GL out for every episode he's in. He is the first actor I've ever seen since Reva that puts FIRE in this soap.

Posted by SndrElkins at Monday, July 30 2007 07:51 PM

Welcome back Jonathan,Now lets bring Tammy back,I say bring both of these wonderful Actor's back.I'm lovin it.

Posted by hrae0307 at Tuesday, July 31 2007 12:57 PM

I'm so glad he's returning if just for a couple of days. But WHAT did they do to his hair? !

Posted by Lori1 at Tuesday, July 31 2007 02:17 PM

Oh my gosh!! My johnny !! Please stay ,,, give my boring life something to look forward to again. I love your energy!!!!

Posted by J GLFan at Tuesday, July 31 2007 06:24 PM

I can't tell you how HAPPY I was to first hear then see Jonathon today!!!! YAY! He brings SO MUCH LIFE to this show! While I wish Tom the best and want him to pursue other avenues of his acting career, I'd love him to stay and play 'Jonathon' as long as he wants! WE LOVE YOU JONATHON! There's not another actor with your intensity, passion, and edginess out there. We'd love you to stay!!
    Hopeless and Forever Devoted, Jen-in-Michigan