Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

GL 2007 Emmy Nominations!

Wednesday, March 14 2007

EmmyR
    Nominees for the 34th annual Daytime Emmy Awards are in. They were announced this morning live on the stages of daytime's longest running serial Guiding Light. Jammy fans have a lot to be smiling about. Their favorites have taken in many nominees, both for Tom Pelphrey and for the popular songs that graced his doomed love of Tammy Winslow. Here are the nominations for Guiding Light

Outstanding Achievement for a Casting Director For A Drama Series

Danny Pelfrey, Composer
    Chieli Minucci, Composer
    Mark Stephen Ross, Composer
    Kenneth Eberhard, Composer
    David Traugh, Composer

Outstanding Original Song
    Song Title: Can You Love Me (With The Lights On)
    Brain D. Siewert, Composer/Lyricist

Brett Staneart, Writer
    Kimberley Hamilton, Writer
    Rebecca Hanover, Writer
    David Rupel, Writer
    Charlotte Gibson, Writer
    Michael Cohen, Writer

For additional information on other nominees, please visit this link. The awards ceremony shall be broadcast live on Friday, June 15th 2007 on CBS stations at 7:00 PM.

Posted by Waytogo at Wednesday, March 14 2007 03:37 PM

Congratulations to Kim Zimmer. She is really the best actress on the show. She has always been No. 1 with the majority of the fans. Tom and Stephanie both deserve to win also. The show is not the same without them. My best wishes to them in their new ventures.

Posted by Shannon at Wednesday, March 14 2007 04:56 PM

I am so happy for Guiding Light! I have a feeling that this will be their year!!!!

Posted by sweetB at Wednesday, March 14 2007 05:51 PM

Congratulaions to everyone nominated!! I have to agree! I think this will be GL's year. Best wishes to them all. What a great cast and crew. I'm behind them 100%!

Posted by bsalls at Thursday, March 15 2007 08:20 AM

I don't like the way the storie is going with Josh and Cassie. I want Reva and Josh back together. You need to keep them together. If Cassie and Josh get mearid I will not watch anymore you will loose a lone time vewer.

Posted by Keaton at Thursday, March 15 2007 05:31 PM

bsalls, I agree with you. GL is truly not the same with Reva and Josh apart...especially with Josh with Reva's needy , self-centered, sister Cassie. I think Reva and Jonathan deserve to win best actress and best younger actor. I am so happy they are nominated!

Posted by Nitro Lady at Saturday, March 17 2007 01:51 PM

Congradulations to Tom I thought he played an exellent part of the guiding light. I really miss him, he was one of my favorites? You could bring him back? We know hes not dead?

Posted by kristal at Monday, March 19 2007 12:29 PM

Im really excited that Stephanie and Tom were nominated! Kime Zimmer and Crystal Chappell also deserve to be up there!!Good luck to everyone!!!

Posted by Algernon at Monday, March 19 2007 01:14 PM

I don't know why everyone is down on Josh. As I didn't know the old Josh very well, I am glad to see him try to make a a new life with Cassie and R.J. I think Cassie overreacted to Tammy's death, but it made her more interesting. Reva betrayed his trust by choosing to spend what she thought were her last days with Billy. Reva is over the hill; she needs to drop a few pounds and head in another direction. She dumped Billy like a bad habit; I don't know why he even bothers with her.

Posted by Algernon at Monday, March 19 2007 01:19 PM

I think Reva should confess to shooting Alan. What has she got to lose? Besides, it will muddy up the waters and get Josh out of jail, which is what she wants.

Posted by marinashalynn at Monday, March 19 2007 06:07 PM

Jammy A Perfect Pair since Reva And Josh beginned, brought back the sparks flowing from reva. Their love just made springfield glow. Everybody seemed unified and happy even with the bad things that were happening around springfield. If their was a not so happy moment, in every scene there was good drama. The acting was amazingly great. Kim and Tom had a very powerful, moving, and very real emotional mother and son's relationship. I cry my eyes out and couldn't wait to cry again. The whole thing was Real. It was like watching a family member in your home have an enormous break thru from some very long and painful family draw out war. REAL STUFF! Mmmaaannnnnn!
    And after the pain, can come something beautiful, and that was Johnathan and Tammy's relationship. Beautiful until the end. The last scenes of him and tammy were inconsolable for me. I was hurt. And WOW Olivia, Buzz, Jeffrey, Harley, and my baby Gus were all amazing. Gina(Dinah), get yours girl! Last but not least Billy, Coop, Ava, Lizzy, Mallet, and Remy After tammy died, it was on and you got that attitude with that body. WOW! WOW! I love all of you, and keep up the good work.