Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Guiding Light Video Clip: The Finale.

Monday, September 14 2009

Here is the final preview for Guiding Light. There are plenty of hints about how things will end. Will all of the stories be tide up before the finale?

Check out the video and let Soaps.com know what you think.

Posted by patena at Monday, September 14 2009 01:38 PM

I'm just heartbroken about the cancellation of my favorite show The Guiding Light. Everyday, I want to cry since the end is near. I don't care about most storylines. As last request, please let Reva and Josh blow the light out as one. This has been a long wish for me and my family. I'm the only one of the family who watch the show faithfully, because everyone is disappointed with the separation of the super couple "always" Reva & Josh.

Posted by Hallmarknut at Monday, September 14 2009 01:52 PM

I am heartbroken too. I have watched the show since I was a little girl about 5 or so and I am 42 now. I do hope that Josh and Reva get back together, not sure how they will leave that one. It looks like Phillip and Beth will be getting back together Long Live Guiding Light

Posted by Greatness at Monday, September 14 2009 03:32 PM

I finally found the place where I can post what I have been wanting to disclose for so long. I hope someone will read this. To say the least, I have been a hugh & dedicated fan for 32yrs. Yes it is difficult too believe this long relationship with Guiding Light will come to an end 9/14/2009. This all started when I lived in New Mexico at the time, came home for lunch one day, turned on the TV & there on TV was GL. Little did I know it would turn into 32 yrs. I'm saddened that it will be taken off the air, but at the same time it's run its course. I will certainly have to find something else to replace watching GL. I do feel it's time for the cast members to possibly move forward in their lives & seek others challenges, I truly wish everyone success. Since I started watching GL my hope & dream was to go to NY & meet all the cast members who I have grown to love & dislike. It's acting of course & some characters are not always liked & others are so good. Now that GL is coming to an end the glory of my dream has not been fulfilled. I've been a Diabetic for 24yrs, I'm not heavy, maintain a good diet w/exercise, but I've had some major setbacks at times & I'm blessed that I'm still alive. Anyway again, my story means so much because I feel the cast of GL is like my extended family. My mom used to say to me, "Why Do You Watch GL?"

Love to all GL cast & crew

Carol

Posted by Heavens Angel at Monday, September 14 2009 03:35 PM

I am also so heartbroken..I thought that you would put reba and josh back together..This was always my long time wish..they def belong together..And why would you cancel the last weeks show fr us here in canada..I have watched this show faithfully for 45 yrs and now for my family and myself and everyone here not to see the final last weeks finale..It is just so unfair..We are all left so upset and wondering what happened..please get this last weeks finale to us ..We would all appreciate that with all our hearts..It is my fav show fr day 1..We watch it on chek channel here..it only comes on once a day..It is just not fair..
    A true and faithful viewer all my life.

Posted by BOYDS BEAR GIRL at Monday, September 14 2009 03:48 PM

So sad to see this end. I hope that they can squeeze in all the characters so we will know how they all end up. I know I will have to get out my box of tissues when I watch the finale Friday. Best of luck to all the actors/actresses and staff.

Posted by JackluvsCarly at Tuesday, September 15 2009 12:54 PM

please have Reva and Josh be together

Posted by Denise9120 at Thursday, September 17 2009 01:32 PM

I too am truly saddened to see GL come to an end. I still cannot believe this is actually happening. I've watched this show for a very long time. I don't want this to happen, I wish another network would pick up the GL. Again, so many fans out there that are upset. So many different sites that people are speaking out about this terrible decision CBS has made.
    Funny, my granddaughter would sing to the beginning of the show everyday, not missing a word. I'm having a hard time dealing with their decision. The Cast is wonderful and there are years of stories that could be told here. What a huge mistake they are making. I have no other words but I won't be watching CBS, it was my favorite daytime show.