Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Unedited Guiding Light Tribute.

Wednesday, September 02 2009

If you were disappointed by the brief video tribute which Guiding Light received at Sunday's Daytime Emmys, you can catch the unedited four minute version below, which is a vast improvement.

Check it out and let Soaps.com know what you think.

Posted by BMW USA at Wednesday, September 02 2009 06:19 AM

This video shows everything that was great about Guiding Light. The new and the old. How sad they could'nt fit it in. The show deserved better than that short clip. Instead they filled time with awful singing and dance numbers.

Posted by calliope at Wednesday, September 02 2009 12:34 PM

This is much, much better than what we were given Sunday! All those faces from the past bring tears to my eyes. I wish someone would give the show the recognition it deserves. Maybe 60 Minutes will do a better job than the Emmys.

Posted by SndrElkins at Wednesday, September 02 2009 01:20 PM

Love it.!!

Thanks Matt

Posted by sweetcaoline at Wednesday, September 02 2009 02:57 PM

I believe that they should have shown GL for the full time that the Emmys were on. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER THAN THE EMMYS THEMSELVES. ONLY MY OPINION. I for one will be turning CBS off at the time that GL would have been on in my area 2:00PM. I listened to GL on the radio with my mother and then continued to watch when it went to television. I know that many viewers feel the same as I do--THEY SHOULD HAVE CANCELLED B AND B. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THAT SHOW IS NOTHING BUT GARBAGE!!!! Thank goodness for the off button on the remote as that is what I do when that show comes on. GOODBYE TO ALL THE ACTORS ON GL, I'LL MISS ALL OF YOU AND WISH YOU THE BEST IN WHATEVER YOU DO IN THE FUTURE.

Posted by fallen -destiny at Thursday, September 03 2009 06:50 PM

I cannot Believe after all the years this show was on, That this is the best you can do. It is insulting. I am 33 and watched Guiding Light as long as I can remember. I grew up with this show and these actors became like family, we laughed and cried together. I am so sad to see this show end it's feels like I am losing something..... And then to see a crappy show like Bold and the Beautiful stay makes me sick...Sure I really care to watch Brooke Taylor and all the other Harlots sleep with the same boring people over and over that is all the show consists of Take off that filth ...There is no sense of real compassion or family there, I will so miss Kim Zimmer (REVA) and so many more. This is a hguge loss to millions of Fans for another crappy game show..I am so over CBS I love Y&R but I am done with this channel. I hope billions of people tune this channel out and show them we love The second Family that Guiding Light has gave us and they robbed us of true artistry. I wish that As the World Turns would bring all the to their show ..keep them the same people and let us continue to see the people we have grown to love!

Posted by JACKIEBLUE60 at Thursday, November 12 2009 01:44 PM

i"ve watch the show all my life.when it was cancelled i felt like a big part of me was cancelled also .