Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

GL's New Dylan Lewis

Friday, February 02 2007

Brian Gaskill (CBS)
    With the passing of Tammy and Jonathan�s dramatic departure, GL now leaves the canvas open for a new direction among the younger set of Springfield. As we reported earlier, it has been officially announced that the character of Dylan Shayne Lewis will be returning to screens in March.

Viewers will be lucky to get two treats at once: A new actor and the return of an old character. The role of Dylan was originated by Morgan England. On this return however, the part has been recast with soap veteran Brian Gaskill. He is best known for his roles on AMC and ATWT. Sources say that this recast is not because of any ill feeling with Englund, but because they want to bring the character in a fresh new direction. With the younger Gaskill and the character�s volatile past, writers are expected to try and recapture some of what will be lost with Jonathan�s absence. Besides offering some much needed support for the grieving Reva, he is also expected to bring problems to Gus and Harley, much as he did for her when she was with Alan-Michael. Rumors of Mindy Lewis� return have also been circulating recently, perhaps signalling a shift in the show back to the Lewis family.

For those who don�t recall, Dylan is the illegitimate offspring of a young Reva and Billy. He ran around with Harley as a young man before leaving her pregnant while he was sent to jail for bank robbery. She never told him about the pregnancy and gave the child (Susan/Daisy) away for adoption before moving on with Alan-Michael. When he was released from prison, he and Harley tracked Daisy down but decided that she was better off with her adoptive parents. While his reappearance complicated Harley�s failing marriage with Alan-Michael, he left her side to be with his under-aged lover Samantha Marler. A mentally unbalanced Reva helped them elope before almost killing them when she drove off a bridge. While he mourned his mother�s supposed death, he tried to move on with a paralysed Samantha, but she pushed him away. He then went through a string of women and shady business deals before being blinded in a car accident. His sight returned over time and he married Bridget Reardon and moved away. The character has only appeared sporadically in the last decade snd his return is expected to have surprising results.

Posted by wisher at Friday, February 02 2007 01:10 PM

oh my god what is with the dumd cassie she is not only insane she is stupid if i were her i would fire the writers she gets dumber with every show and josh is getting to be just a low down cad he loves two woman and loves keeping them on the line oh well thats the soaps and if woman are dumd the real world too. hey cassie GET INTO THE LIGHT OR ALEAST TURN IT ON.

Posted by pdames4 at Friday, February 02 2007 01:57 PM

Dear Wisher,
    You seem to have it backwards. She cannot fire the writers, but they CAN fire her.

Posted by MoeDale at Friday, February 02 2007 05:07 PM

Although tammy is dead im glad too see yall are not going to kill off john.Reva is the best of all her and josh are not finnished i hopeBringing back some of the old will put this show back for new blood.Although thelost of johathan will kill alot of this show .I hope the show will last for another lost ALLEN Spaulding.

Posted by grits1976 at Friday, February 02 2007 05:13 PM

I wish that they would've used Morgan Englund but I'll give this Gaskill guy a try!! I couldn't stand his role on ATWT but did like him fairly well when he played Oscar on B&B.

Posted by Karrie at Friday, February 02 2007 06:54 PM

I wouldn't say that Brian Gaskill should be considered the "younger set" of Springfield as stated above.I'm not sure I understand how he is supposed to be replacing Jonathan(agewise) as Mr. Gaskill is 37 & Mr. Pelphrey is 25.Maybe the writer was referring to the characters' personality traits & not their ages?

Posted by Arianna7677 at Friday, February 02 2007 07:03 PM

I've always enjoyed Brian's work and welcome Dylan returning back to Springfield. This is good news!

Posted by Matt_Soaps.com at Friday, February 02 2007 07:12 PM

Hello Karrie,
    Yes, I did mean his character traits more than his actual age. Also that he is younger compared to his mother's generation, but not young like Jonathan or a youth like RJ.

Posted by Karrie at Friday, February 02 2007 08:34 PM

Thank you for clarifying that Mod. Matt. You are super sweet!:o)

Posted by kd1478 at Saturday, February 03 2007 04:20 AM

I cannot wait to see Brian Gaskill in March on G.L. I loved him in ATWT last year when he was oppssesed with Katie. I think he will be perfect for Dylan's character. Now that Johnathon is gone I have something to look forward to. THANK YOU!!!!

Posted by IAMHAPPY at Saturday, February 03 2007 10:05 AM

I cant wait to see him either. Hes a good looking man. I Dont watch other soaps so I have never seen him anywhere before. But I am excited.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: