Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Guiding Light Video Clip: Newman and Zimmer Say Goodbye.

Wednesday, August 12 2009

Robert Newman (Josh Lewis) and Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne O'Neill) were interviewed by CBS for the final day of Guiding Light's shooting. If you missed this piece when it aired, check it out now to hear their thoughts and feelings about their time with the show and how hard it is to say goodbye.

Will you being saying a special goodbye to the show?

Posted by hot temper at Wednesday, August 12 2009 10:57 AM

I wish everyone on th GL much deserved sucess in what ever they do in the future. Thank you each from the bottom of my heart for every show that you have brought my way! May God Bless and protect each of you and Guide you with truly a Guiding Light! I just don't understand why this show is being taken off and taken away from us the viewers when it's brought so much joy for that hour of our day!

Posted by gramie at Wednesday, August 12 2009 12:11 PM

I wish everyone on the show the best of luck. I am done with CBS when the light goes out CBS will no longer be on my list of channels. I checked the fall lineup and their is nothing I can not get on another network. Global and CTV are bringing back Melrose place and 90210 they are the happening networks. I feel they have let down and betrayed the loyal fans who have invested so much of our time over the years. its like loosing a member of the family. I will miss all of you on the G&L.

Posted by soap opera crazy chick at Wednesday, August 12 2009 12:42 PM

I grew up watching Guiding Light it is a shame they are taking it away!! I can not believe it I am still in shock!!!
    you have just started to loose alot of viewers. How can they keep airing Another world when viewers ramped and raved but we can not save Guiding Light????

Posted by ElleM at Wednesday, August 12 2009 01:56 PM

I am so sad GL is going off the air. I wish they could have found another solution, even having 30 minute episodes with a smaller cast. I used to love Let's Make a Deal, but there are too many game shows on and it is a poor replacement for such a wonderful show. I keep reading the daily updates with such sadness because I know I won't be able to for much longer. Bad move, CBS!

Posted by 12312 at Wednesday, August 12 2009 02:50 PM

WOW was this all CBS could do for ending such a great soap??? Shame on them... not the farewell they deserved. For 72 years they helped CBS prophet to only be cut by "Lets Make a Deal"? come on that is a has been show... let it go CBS!

Good luck cast and crew of GL you will be missed, I will be watching for you on ABC and NBC soaps...

Posted by ms.e at Thursday, August 13 2009 09:53 PM

Why not have the show on the web only.I started watching GL with my Grandmother when I was a little girl I am now 56 .This is like losing part of my extened family members.I will always remember this show and the cast.I think this is a mistake.If I have to say goodbye well step a side KIm I am about to past you up on your best part ever played on being emoitional.I love guys.You are all the cast of actor and actress.

Posted by debbie randolph at Friday, August 14 2009 12:39 PM

keep it on the air

Posted by con825 at Sunday, August 16 2009 04:40 PM

September 22,2009 Good bye Guilding Light, goodbye Young and the Restless, goodbye Bold and the Beautiful, goodbye As the world turns, GOODBYE CBS, hello ABC

Posted by con825 at Sunday, August 16 2009 04:41 PM

September 22,2009 Good Bye cbs, hello ABC

Posted by dadsgirlie84 at Monday, August 17 2009 08:30 AM

when is the last episode airing? I am so sad. I love GL. I am going to miss it!