Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Guiding Light Gets A Special Send Off By Some Stars From Y&R....

Tuesday, September 15 2009

LeBlanc and Cooper at the wedding (Soaps.com)
    Original Article: August 5

Ever since the cancellation was announced, there have been steady reports of former cast members returning to Springfield for brief appearances to tie up loose ends. However, it looks like it won't only be veteran performers from Guiding Light who will be making cameo appearances before the series ends this September. It's being reported that Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) and Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin) have taped a cameo appearance for the series' final episode.

Both of the awards winning The Young and the Restless actors are fans of the show and wanted to help give it a special send off. LeBlanc said on his Twitter account that they made the trip out to New Jersey last week but left the details sketchy. No word on who they will be playing or what they will be up to, but keep your eyes peeled.

Updated: September 15

You might have blinked and missed them, but Jeanne and Christian were both sitting with the guests at yesterday's double wedding. Check out the clip and watch carefully for them as they watch the brides and grooms exchange their vows.

Posted by Wheels_Beth at Wednesday, August 05 2009 07:06 AM

Who plays Michael? I think you have typo here.

Posted by LKGF at Wednesday, August 05 2009 09:28 AM

I so hope this doesn't mean that the majority of GL stars that are being displaced due to the cancellation will be moving over to Y&R. Y&R has enough problems without having to meld Springfield into GC. I think it was OLTL, but it could have been GL (don't watch either) that picked up a vast amount of Another Worlds staff when that show got cancelled. As bad as I feel for the actors, I just cannot handle yet another reason for Y&R s/ls to be discombobulated and contrived as well as distorted from the characters I have grown to love over the years. I do wish the actors well, but hope they stay the heck out of GC.

Posted by GLfan85 at Wednesday, August 05 2009 12:56 PM

I think that Alan would be awesome compitition for Vicktor. LOL Don't know who would kick butt more! LOL

Dinah would give Phylass a run for her money over Nick I am sure! Oh the possibilities!!! LOL

Alas, I doubt it will happen. These two actors I simply paying tribute to a wonderful soap that has been on longer than any other and is now coming to an end.

Posted by carlotta1960 at Wednesday, August 05 2009 01:19 PM

I think it would be a great way to save some of Springfield to have the characters/actors just meld into some of the other remaining soaps. Just think of all the possible s/l!! Alan vs. Victor, Alexandra teaming up with Mrs. C or Gloria, Remy finding out he is related to Tyra and interacting with the rest of the Winters clan. Too bad it will never happen. The current crop of writers just don't have that much imagination. It will be nice to see them visit though.

Posted by jmiller875 at Friday, August 07 2009 12:12 PM

I am happy to hear Jeanne & Michael will play tribute to GL. I have watched GL & ATWT for over 50 years. I have seen many shows come & go. The worst insult is that CBS thinks Let's Make a Deal is worth this. I will never watch it even I had only one channel to watch.

Posted by Tidewater at Friday, August 07 2009 01:54 PM

Sorry to say but it's all about ratings. In my humble opinion GH is the worst Soap around, it used to be the best a few years ago. I wish it would have been cancelled instead of GL.They tried to sell it and I am surprised no one picked it up not even cable. I will miss it...
    Y&R u ROCK!!!

Posted by mamerk at Friday, August 07 2009 05:36 PM

Awesome Idea!!! It is classy how one soap supports the other!!

Posted by Fan since the beginning at Saturday, August 08 2009 03:22 PM

I love Y&R, and I love GL, but here's my question: why do the PTB over GL need Y&R people on their turf? Do the PTB think that GL is that weak? Shame on them for running GL into the ground. They're all smiley faces about this, but see what is: a scam.

Posted by susart at Monday, August 10 2009 12:21 AM

wheels_Beth there is no typo.......Michael Baldwin is played by Christian LaBlanc just like it was posted.

Posted by susart at Monday, August 10 2009 12:24 AM

No way. GH still rocks. I love it. The mob, the tough guys, and of course the hot doctors, and the fun young crowd. It's not all realistic of course, but it's entertainment!