Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Gatschet and Pelphrey to Exit

Thursday, January 25 2007

Tammy and Jonathan say goodbye (Soaps.com)
    We�ve been flooded with questions about the exit of Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan Randall) and Stephanie Gatschet (Tammy Winslow Randall) this week so, just to clarify for everyone: They are departing from the cast. This was first announced and reported here in September after several months of speculation. Originally the pair were supposed to exit by the end of December or early January. However, thanks to some convincing from the writers and producers, they agreed to stay a little longer to finish the storyline without a rush.

Both of the wonderful young actors decided to leave of their own accord with the desire to move on to other projects. Their final air dates have not been officially given by the network as a means of safeguarding the dramatic effect of their exiting. While the character of Tammy did die this week, we can expect to see Gatschet reappear in upcoming episodes in the dreams and thoughts of her mother and other loves ones. Pelphrey is expected to have his final air dates in early February. They completely filming their final scenes late last year and Pelphrey has already moved on to film projects.

While we are sad to see the characters go, particularly in such a tragic manner, they have certainly given us some of the best moments in the soap�s recent history and will be sorely missed. We wish them all the best and will not forget the wonderful contribution they made.

Posted by krysten24_420 at Thursday, January 25 2007 08:47 AM

why couldnt they just let them run away with sarah instead of killing them off wouldnt that been better so if one day they or someone else could come back on the show??? i will miss them alot they were such good actors the best actually they are what made the show..

Posted by Kimberly ann at Thursday, January 25 2007 09:15 AM

can you recast the part of jon and maybe tammy and say that she really didn't die that she went somewhere to get help to get better and bring them both back but being played by other people?

Posted by Lori1 at Thursday, January 25 2007 09:23 AM

Daytime TV won't be the same,Ive been a fan for more than I can remember, and to me NO ONE was a better actor than jon!
    I will miss him...................

Posted by Lori1 at Thursday, January 25 2007 09:25 AM

Daytime TV won't be the same,Ive been a fan for longer than I can remember, and to me NO ONE was a better actor than jon!
    I will miss him...................

Posted by VICKY26 at Thursday, January 25 2007 09:27 AM

Can anyone tell me where i can watch a little bit of yesterdays episode at, i really want to see it!!!! THANKS VIC

Posted by krysten24_420 at Thursday, January 25 2007 09:36 AM

go to daily updates k

Posted by gemini030 at Thursday, January 25 2007 09:46 AM

I look forward to seeing Tom on the big screen, but the show wont be the same without them

Posted by knicki at Thursday, January 25 2007 10:00 AM

I have been watching GL for many years a great fan...I am so disappointed how tragically they are leaving the show. I absolutely love them, they fought so hard to be together, would love it if you brought them back with obviously different actors, most of us faithfuls would agree. I wish Stephanie and Tom the very best, but will certainly miss them

Posted by steph w at Thursday, January 25 2007 10:24 AM

I am so dissapointed that these two people have decided to leave the show. I have been watching guiding light for over twenty years now and they have been my favorite couple by far. I agree that I would have rather seen them run off together with sarah instead of having Tammy die. I thing the ending to this story with tammy sucks I would have liked it better if their had been an openning for them both to return later as a couple.

Posted by KELLY553 at Thursday, January 25 2007 10:35 AM

I AM SOO UPSET JONATHAN AND TAMMY ARE LEAVING! I CRIED MY EYES OUT AT THE DEATH OF TAMMY. THEM TWO MADE THE SHOW!! THIS IS REALLY UPSETTING

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page: