Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Let's Make A Deal Will Take Guiding Light's Spot.

Monday, August 03 2009

(CBS)
    Making the news of Guiding Light's cancellation even more real, CBS has made it official that the soap's time slot will now be filled with a game show. A new version of the series, "Let's Make A Deal" is now expected to take over. Comedian and former talk show host Wayne Brady has already shot a pilot for the new project which is set to begin airing after Guiding Light goes dark on September 18.

Since the soap opera's cancellation was initially announced, it was widely rumored that a remake of "The Dating Game" or the "$100,000 Pyramid" would come to take its place. Both of those shows have also been tested and may still be appearing on CBS at some point.

Posted by gigi10101 at Monday, August 03 2009 09:16 PM

Well, CBS will be losing this viewer! The only reason I watch tv during the day is to watch Guiding Light. Now why is Guiding Light the only soap to get the ax?

Posted by sweetcaoline at Tuesday, August 04 2009 01:22 PM

Ditto that. As for Guiding Light being the only soap to get the ax---I PREDICT THAT IF THE WRITERS DON'T START DOING BETTER WITH ATWT, IT WILL BE THE NEXT TO GO!!

Posted by mamerk at Tuesday, August 04 2009 07:31 PM

I do not care what takes Guiding Lights time slot. I will not be watching it or anything else that is on CBS daytime.
    In fact as a protest to Guiding Lights cancellation I will not be viewing ANY television on September 21st!!!!

Posted by Caroline58 at Saturday, August 08 2009 11:47 AM

I have started taping some of my favorite shows and I will just watch those when the game show comes on.

Posted by darlene13 at Monday, August 10 2009 03:05 AM

are you kidding canceling guiding light thats not cool i've been watching it for 34 years it helped me though so tough time. if its going off the air then so will i thats what i watch at that time. i wont be watching a stupid game show screw that

Posted by Guiding light Fan Vermont at Wednesday, August 19 2009 04:24 PM

When the Let's make a Deal light come on my TV station for CBS will go dark because it will be turn to another channel.
    You've lost this viewer for good...it's the only soap I've watched for 48 years and your replacing it with a game show...what's wrong with you people...I will be de-programming my remote the day GL is done. CBS is canceled on my TV. POFF in Vermont

Posted by pink kiity at Wednesday, September 23 2009 02:44 AM

i hope lets make a deal fails and gets the ax and any other
    placement you put in the 2.00 time slot fails to for i wont be watching lets make a deal not deal or whatever you fill the 2.00 time slot with.