Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Guiding Light Poll: The End Of Otalia?

Thursday, July 02 2009

After months of speculation, Guiding Light's Otalia finally hit the serious snag that fans of the couple were worried would come. In spite of the fact that Jessica Leccia (Natalia) has been visibly pregnant for months, the show decided to wait until now to integrate pregnancy into the plot. With the actress leaving the show for the time being, does this mean it's the sad end of the couple?

Let Soaps.com know what you think by voting in our poll.

Feel free to leave your comments below.

Posted by my 8 cats at Thursday, July 02 2009 05:44 PM

i hope natalia tells frank that she is having his baby that would be great. tell natalia stop being so depressing about everything being with olivia is not a good idea she will drop natalia for a man a lot sooner than she thinks.

Posted by ahhiker at Thursday, July 02 2009 08:30 PM

The Otalia storyline is the most true to love story I have ever seen! It does not matter how many obstacles get in their way, Olivia and Natalia will be together. The storyline has great producing, great writing and phenomenal acting! I have cherished every single moment of Otalia and will continue to do so.

Posted by rutha at Thursday, July 02 2009 08:43 PM

I hope Guilding Light doesn't end. I think CBS should reconsider. For me I will not be watching any other soaps. This is the only one I watch. I tape each day so when I get home from work I have something interesting to watch. If another network picks up the show, I hope it's a network that is a local channel. I think CBS may regret dropping the show.

Posted by rosegarden at Friday, July 03 2009 02:39 AM

Otalia will be together! Those that say that this is wrong ... lets not forget that this is a soap and has more than over 5000 fans on a single board...and who knows how many are out there that just don't yet know about this story.
    We've been disappointed lately but we STILL HAVE hopes that this will turn out good! Guiding Light will be over...what is the point in not having a happy ending if it's over anyway and fans all over the world including me...want that happy end?
    Can it be for a second that this is a Drama Land and close the whole show in an exquisite way?

Posted by Beth05 at Friday, July 03 2009 06:17 AM

I have been a viewer for over 25 years and not happy that the show is being cancelled. I think that the Otalia storyline is one of the best yet. It is the first time that Oliva is finally truly happy. If they love each other, they can work it out.

Posted by seaux at Friday, July 03 2009 08:24 AM

I do hope there is a good ending to the Otalia story it has been one of the most amazing love stories I have ever seen on daytime, drew me back to Guilding Light after many years away.

Posted by BeHappy at Friday, July 03 2009 12:39 PM

I love the Otalia s/l. It has truly been a love story but I think the couple should get over all the obstacles and move forward. The writers should not tease with an actual love story when we have not seen a good one in a while. If they had the guts to introduce the s/l, have the guts to carry it forward! Also, find a special cure for Phillip. He has made this show!! I have watched for over 50 years. The show should end giving Phillip a little more dignity than to die!! I really hope the show can be saved....

Posted by happy ending at Friday, July 03 2009 06:11 PM

I love the Otalia story, it's the best love story that's been on Guiding Light in a long time. I hope it ends happy we deserve it as dedicated viewers. Guiding Light writers listen we need a happy ending. I watch all the soaps on this chnnel but this is my favorate so i think if they end this one I will give up the rest. I do hope another channel picks them up cause I will be on that channel supporting them.

Posted by hot temper at Friday, July 03 2009 08:22 PM

I still cannot believe that Gl is not going to be on. How sad it is that our daytime stories are at risk for being taken off the air. It makes me SICK to see sports always taking our day time stories. Also it makes me sick to think of another talk show taking it's place, or yet another reality show could take it's place. I just don't understand why GL has to be removed and what it would take to reconsider it being left on the air? I hope at least if it does get removed that another soap could take it's place or Bold and Beautiful has a chance to go to an hour instead of 30 min.

Posted by slim1 at Monday, July 06 2009 02:02 PM

I just love the Otalia s/l it's my favorite on Guiding Light right now. This is by far the best love story I have ever seen. I feel like I'm watching a movie on Lifetime when I see tnose two together. I know it's very frustrating but I have faith that the writers will not disappoint us fans and end this. I know they will find their way back to each other. They have too. I think near the end we will finnally get what we've been waithing for from these two, the kiss the cosumation of the love for one another all of it. I have read that we fans will not be disappointed, let hope the keep their word. I just wish the show didn't have to end and we could see a lot more of it. Unfortunatly, all good things must come to an end. They will truly be missed by this loyal fan and I'm sure a lot of others.