Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Gina Tognoni Leaves Guiding Light.

Monday, June 29 2009

(CBS)
    Guiding Light's final air date is less than three months away but some of its actors have already moved on. Crystal Chappell (Olivia Spencer) has moved back to her old home on Days of Our Lives, but she will be sticking around in Springfield until the finale. The same doesn't appear to be true of her Emmy winning co-star, Gina Tognoni (Dinah Marler).

Tognoni's contract with the series was due to expire in June and sources have reported that no deal could be reached to extend her stay with the series. Her final shooting date was reported to be June 26. This means that the actress will continue to appear in episodes over the coming weeks, but the intended ending for her character will need to be revised.

It is widely expected that Tognoni will continue in Daytime with a role on an ABC soap.

Posted by SndrElkins at Monday, June 29 2009 03:49 PM

I love Gina.She is my favorite Actor on the show. I hate to see her go,but I wish her the best of luck.

Posted by bigmama2x at Tuesday, June 30 2009 06:25 AM

i love gina hope she like abc. cbs whent bad when they said the wera stoping guilding light cbs, bad move to stop a show that meant alot,gian you will be missed, i hope you like it there on abc,happy for you,

Posted by laurawrightiswhyidigsoaps at Wednesday, July 01 2009 12:53 PM

as much of a shame as it is to have the spitfire dinah marler not stick around until the end, i am ABSOLUTELY excited that the door is open for her return as the "REAL" Kelly Cramer, on OLTL!!!

Posted by my 8 cats at Thursday, July 02 2009 05:41 PM

i am just wondering how dinah is leaving the show what about shayne i am glad that she is going back to one life to live as kelly i do wish her the best of luck

Posted by bgingeri at Friday, July 03 2009 12:43 PM

i think she is returning to oltl as kelly

Posted by knicki at Monday, July 06 2009 07:17 AM

I hate that this show is going off the air, this really stinks...I'm sooo disappointed. Please do something about this, air it on another channel, I am not the only one who feels this way, most of us have been following this for many years, more than we may want to admit, I watched this show when I was in the first grade when it was on for 15 minutes and was home for lunch.

Posted by lllinda at Monday, July 06 2009 03:09 PM

It seems the door is open for Reva and Josh to get back together for the final time! I really wanted it to be Jeffery as of late Josh seems to be a bit of a looser. AND Please, please let Philip live and him and Beth dance off into the twilight, as the show finally fades forever.
    Is the little gal who plays Lizzie, also expecting? Lots of loose dresses lately?????
    Will all of the cast show up for some final shots? Kind of great to show a photo album of all the years of GL...and all the actors.

Posted by vcbmdn at Wednesday, July 08 2009 07:09 AM

It is just one heart breaking lose after another !!!!!! Just when you see a light at the end of the tunnel for Gina the rug is pulled right from under you !!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe some one could take her place as I can not even get it in my head that the SHOW WILL NOT GO ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Guidinglight_fan at Wednesday, July 08 2009 11:18 PM

aww man!this sucks..i love Gina! I hope the abc soap she goes to is all my children. i watch it and the ex tammy joined theri cast last month sometime. i love dinah and shanye..now i'm really bummed!:(

Posted by Cathy-O at Thursday, July 09 2009 11:15 AM

so sad to see especially Dinah go...she's awesome..best of everthing to her. Maybe you could put other pictures of current stars still there & PLEASE take Harley & Gus off home page...they've left..............get on with tailing up the story lines since GL is leaving us..hard enough to deal with this loss........thank goodness for great memories.