Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Guiding Light's Otalia Nominated for a NewNowNext Award.

Sunday, May 03 2009

(Soaps.com)
    Here's some exciting news for fans Otalia fans. Logo, the new lesbian and gay network from MTV Networks, has announced that Guiding Light's Olivia (Crystal Chappel) and Natalia (Jessica Leccia) have been put in the running for one of MTV Logo's NewNowNext awards. The couple have been nominated for the "AfterEllen.com's Best Lesbian Kiss Award."

The couple are in competition with Bette and Tina in the finale of "The L Word"; Dr. Callie Torres and Dr. Arizona Robbins on "Grey's Anatomy"; Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi at the "2008 Daytime Emmys"; Emily and Naomi on "Skins" and Barb and Christine on "The New Adventures of Old Christine." In the Brink of Fame category, The Young and the Restless' Clementine Ford (Mackenzie Browning) has been nominated for her time on "The L Word."

This is the second year for the awards. They will air on Saturday June 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM EST. The event will be hosted by RuPaul and will feature many special guests and performers.

If you want to show your support for the couple, please visit this link to cast your vote.

Posted by gracie5 at Monday, May 04 2009 05:35 AM

Go OTALIA. I hope Otalia wins. GL has done a wonderful job writing this love story between these two people. I hope GL light does not get turned off. There has to be another channel that wants to pick it up.

Posted by Kiran26 at Monday, May 04 2009 10:02 AM

Fantastic! Well deserved.

Posted by loulinda at Monday, May 04 2009 12:29 PM

I hate the Otalia story, it sours the 75 years of good tv. I have been a loyal listener and watcher for a long, long, time. Kill that story line, it doesn't make any sence. That's how I feel. All the other stories are great!!!!!

Posted by LovetheSoap at Monday, May 04 2009 02:03 PM

loulinda, I agree. I can't believe all of this gay stuff on the stories. The writers are really ruining this show in the final days. Oh well nothing last forever! I hate the Nat and Olivia story line. Olivia use to love men, I loved her and Josh together and Olivia and Buzz were very hot.

Posted by -carolinaGirl- at Monday, May 04 2009 04:42 PM

Awesome!! Congrats to Crystal Chappell, Jessica Leccia, and GL for this nomination! Otalia is a beautiful, love story! Everyone involved with the Otalia storyline deserves all the awards they can get. Woohoo!!

Posted by Imaginary09 at Monday, May 04 2009 04:54 PM

It's 2009 and I respect the way these writers and actors address the universality of love. Indeed, the Olivia we used to know loved men...drank heavily and had a deep-seated self loathing that reflects the adversity many people face in a society that would rather have you jump off a building than admit to loving another person because they happen to be the same gender. To the writers and actors and even sponsors - well done. Your story is beautiful and will help us take strides toward being a more compassionate society. I will follow this show wherever it makes its home.

Posted by loveoandn at Monday, May 04 2009 05:13 PM

Otalia are the best on GL and television. I absolutely love their love story. Kudos to GL for making a sweet story about two people falling in love with each other.

Posted by contessaj at Monday, May 04 2009 05:37 PM

I do so love this story! It is a story about the love of one's heart for another. This is a pure and honest story, and I have been touched by it's depth. I'm so happy for Guiding Light, Crystal Chappell, and Jessica Leccia!

Posted by BackstrokingFly at Monday, May 04 2009 06:10 PM

Crystal Chappell and Jessica Leccia have such chemistry. And the writing has been unbelievable. This storyline rules the daytime world!

Posted by Newhope203 at Monday, May 04 2009 06:28 PM

I believe this is the first of many awards for this SL and great actresses. I love Otalia!

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: