Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Guiding Light News and Notes

Wednesday, December 27 2006

Cast of The Law (CBS)
    *If you're curious to see what A.C. Mallet's show The Law is actually like, you can check out mini-episodes of it here. Follow the exploits of Springfield's top cop in the town's most popular reality TV show. A new episode is set to air every Wednesday until January 3rd and will also feature series regulars Marina Cooper, Remy Boudreau and Dinah Marler.

*The rumors continue of Vincent Irizarry's return to GL despite the fact that he has been signed to Y&R. He has yet to be put on contract for the move to Genoa city and will be free to move back to Springfield soon after Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan Randall) is set to exit. In a new interview, he has stated that he 'had a great meeting with Ellen Wheeler. But nobody has made a commitment to each other.' At present, he's insisted on keeping his options open but when on to say that 'I don't think they were ready either because they had story written for several months. But they're very excited about the possibilities, as I am.'

*Fans of Ricky Paull Goldin (Gus) can rejoice. He is said to have been signed to a new three year contract with the show. This has yet to be confirmed, but is supposed to be made official by the end of the month.

Posted by crafter125 at Friday, December 15 2006 08:35 AM

I am so disappointed that Jonathan is leaving. The show just will not be the same. A great actor and I just love that laugh. Tom has made Jonathan a real character who is not only lovable but a joy to watch. And those scenes with Tammy. What a great couple. I will miss them both.

Posted by missy06 at Sunday, December 17 2006 08:09 PM

I have a ? what happened to Coop,John driscoll? can someone please, get back to me and let me no. I was writting and wanted a pic! of him or some kind of responce I did go to the fan sight but I got nothing. please, get back to me. Thank you, Melissa

Posted by Matt_Soaps.com at Monday, December 18 2006 08:57 AM

Hello missy06
    You can check out John's blog at the link below
    jdriscoll01.blogspot.com/

Nothing's happened to John, he's still on the show.

Posted by deecatering at Monday, December 18 2006 01:26 PM

I disappointed with Josh and Cassie being together.Yes, Reva was wrong for not telling her family about the cancer. But, for her sister to end up the her husband is going a little to far. Cassie need a life of her own, not her sister husband.I hope that josh and reva get back together in Cassie get just what she deserve NOTHING.

Posted by kisuha at Tuesday, December 19 2006 07:08 PM

Well if Jonathan is leaving he needs to take Tammy with him and go and leave the rich girl go back to her granddad. And for Cassie she needs to get lost and let Reva and Josh get it back together,what is the GL without them together,you know they are still in love with each other.

Posted by versaevel at Wednesday, December 20 2006 07:49 AM

I do not understand how people can like Tammy and Jonathan together..They are related!!!! Pick out one of your cousins and imagine having sex with that person!!!!! ICK ICK ICK AND DOUBLE ICK!! Tammy needs to leave Lizzie and Jonathan alone. They could make it work if there was no interference from Allen and Tammy. Get a life Tammy!!

Posted by MissyB at Wednesday, December 20 2006 08:35 AM

I do believe that Reva and Josh sold be together I do not understand why GL does not let them be the stay together cuple on GL Reva and Josh keep saying alway do they know what always mean and to have Cassie to sleep with her sister's husband is sick and now her daughter is having sex with her cusin that's even more sick there are some lines that should not be crossed. A sister's love should be much stronger for her sister and she should never get involved with her sister's husband after all she's done to find her now this. This is just not the same fire with Josh and Cassie at least not for me and let's stop the kissing cousin thing this is nasty..So one has a sick mind..

Posted by shellyin at Wednesday, December 20 2006 01:32 PM

okay,, first of all.. ive been a wather of guiding light for 25 years now if not more... great show.. great writters..yes sometimes cheesy plots but hey its just a soap opera we all know its not real.. tammy and jonthan being cousins.. big woop they make a great couple would i marry my cousin, well no, but i do know someone in real life that has and is a very happy couple married 20 years.. married longer than most no realted couple i know.. do i agree ,, no but i dont agree with alot of things but dont make them no happen.. lizzie deffentaly needs to come off her spoiled high horse and find someone that loves her and quit going after the ones that dont .. casey.. grrrr do i need to say more? Reba needs to kick some sissys butt. so all in all i say snaps to guiding light and its writters you keep me entertained everyday..=)

Posted by Keaton at Wednesday, December 20 2006 02:16 PM

I loved hearing Jonathan telling Tammy that he could be a good daddy to baby Sarah, and not be married to Lizzie. He just needs more time, he says, until he can make things oday with them. I think this is very noble and kind of Jonathan. Lizzie has known from the time she and Jon married that he did not love her, and loved Tammy. Now, old Big Pops Allen will start a tragedy for them all. He needs to be put in an institution for the criminally insane. Beth used to be a classy lady. Now, she is just a simple minded Allen possession. I hope Jonathan doesn't die, as a way of leaving the show. He has been my all time favorite actor on GL. I hope he and Tammy can continue being together , no matter what happens.

Posted by Lindylou at Thursday, December 21 2006 09:00 PM

How can anyone love to see cousins havinh sex. Is this the Jerry Springer Show? If not, then please do not put these two together. The rating are very low. I wonder why. No moral person is going to watch a show that has cousins having sex. A sister-in-law sleeping with her sister's husband. Harley's children all have different daddies. Please hurry up and get Jonathan off this show and please take Tammy with him. They are the nastiest couple on daytime.They are nastier than Brook on Bold and Beautiful and it takes alot to br nastier than Brook.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 » »| page: