Jenna�s Dream is a charity organization devoted to developing the creativity of children at risk through participation in the performing arts. For more information about the organization, please visit their website.
* If you don�t get enough of GL�s Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne) during the week, you can catch her on Saturday March 3rd at the Dishing With a Diva mother/daughter luncheon. Beyond dishing with the legendary daytime diva, you are also promised a goodie bag for attendance. The luncheon is set to take place at The Sheraton, located at 6 Industrial Way East, on Route 35 in Eatontown, NJ, between 12:00 and 2:00 PM. For more information on tickets, you can visit here.
* If you are in Florida this March, be sure to check on Ron Raines (Alan Spaulding) in any, or all, of his four different performances across the state. He will appear alongside Florida�s Sunshine Pops giving his renowned renditions of hits from Broadway history.
On March 11th they will be appearing at Florida Atlantic University
For tickets, please call 800-564-9539
On March 12th and 14th they will appear at The Eissey Campus Theater in Palm Beach Gardens
For tickets, please call 561-278-7677
On March 15th at the Broward Center in Ft. Lauderdale.
For tickets, please call 954-462-0222
All performances will be at 8:00 PM.
For additional information, and to hear a clip of Mr. Raine�s considerable vocal talent, visit this page.
* You can catch the wonderful Ron Raines in concert with the Philadelphia Pops in Verizon Hall at the Kimmel Center between February 14th and 21st. He will be performing with Christiane Noll inThat�s Amore. The evening promises everything 'from pure fun to pure passion, enjoy the gorgeous songs that captivate our hearts and touch the romantic in each of our souls�all in one beautiful concert.'
If you are interested in tickets, please contact the box office at (215) 893-1999 or visit this link.
* Former GL performer Sharon Leal (Dahlia Crede from 1996-1999) can currently be seen in the hit film Dreamgirls, now playing on screens across the country. This is her first major film appearance after roles on GL and Boston Public.
* You may have caught former Hope Bauer, Robin Mattson, currently on As the World Turns in the role of Cheri. Since leaving GL , she has appeared on Santa Barbara, AMC, B&B and GH .
* You can catch Hayden Panettiere, the former Lizzie Spaulding, onetime Marcy Rylan co-star (in Bring It On 3) and current star of the hit show Heroes lending her voice talents to the new Disney film The Bridge to Terabitha. To hear one of her songs for the film, visit her officila myspace page here.
*If you've been wondering what's happened to GL's Blake, you may want to run out to Garrison New York and ask Liz Keifer yourself. She'll be performing in Christopher Durang's play Beyond Therapy at the Depot Theatre between February 16th and March 4th. She will be portraying Prudence, a confused lady just looking for love and maybe a little sanity, in this adult comedy. For tickets and additional information, please visit the theatre's website here.
*We've seen the multitalented Bradley Cole (Jeffrey O'Neill) perform his songs on the show a few times in the past year. If you'd like to hear more, be sure to visit his record label's website here for a few sample mp3s and a chance to order his latest album A Human Thing. Cole is already a veteran of performing and this album, like his previous, has been getting stellar reviews for its spirit and winning musicality.
*Laura Bell Bundy, who used to play Marah Lewis on GL, has landed a new gig in the musical version of the hit movie Legally Blonde. While no stranger to the musical stage, this will be the 25 year old Ms. Bundy's first starring role on Broadway, fulfilling a dream she's had since she was a child. She began rehearsals on November 27th with previews set to debut at the end of January. She's previously played in the hit musicals Hairspray and The Sound of Music. Critics are already expecting big things of this new production and its star. Break a leg Laura!
*GL's Gina Tognoni (Dinah Marler) and Robert Bogue (A.C. Mallet) will be making an appearance on the 2007 People's Choice Awards on the CBS television. The show will air on Tuesday January 9th, 2006.
*Allison Janney, who appeared on GL between 1993 and 1995 as Ginger, the acerbic Spaulding maid, will be among the former soap stars appearing at the Ojai Playwrights Conference annual performances and staged readings for this winter. Performances will be on Jan 20, 2007 at 6:30 PM in the Matilija Junior High School Auditorium, 708 El Paseo Rd. in Ojai, CA.
*Former Dorie Smith von Halkein, Kim Parks, makes an appearance in the new Showtime documentary Life After Tomorrow. The film focuses on the lives of the girls who played in the mega musical Annie. Currently, the actress works as a producer on the animated hit Family Guy and does voice-over work for the show as well.
*To see your favorite GL stars and fellow fans, please visit www.FindYourLight.net. Over the next year, the site is expected to grow with new features and gives you the chance to post pictures and videos of your own as part of the extended Guiding Light family.
If you missed Wednesday's special Find Your Light episode, you can still catch it online on Innertube at www.cbs.com/innertube.