Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Olivia and Jeffrey Sort Out the Past

Friday, November 03 2006

Olivia wishes she could forget (CBS)
    Through the week of November 6th, Guiding Light will be opening up a Pandora's Box that may change things in Springfield for a long time to come. That week, the murky pasts of both Olivia (Crystal Chappell) and Jeffrey (Bradley Thomas Cole) will become unraveled. To do this, young actors TJ Linnard and, the already impressive, Alice Kremelberg will be taking us through the early years of the two troubled and mysterious characters.

Jeffrey has a lot to lose (CBS)
    The episodes have already attracted controversy for their 'he said'/'she said approach.' The conundrum is that neither character has ever been exactly honest and each is known to survive by sheer manipulation. The revelations will come at a crucial time for both characters. Olivia's veneer has begun to fall away and she finally has a chance at reconciling with her daughter while Jeffrey has a chance at his dream of being mayor. Rumors are that a very public accusation of rape will cost Jeffrey the election, even if it turns out to be false. It won't be the first time that Jeffrey's been accused of rape. He had relations with Cassie while impersonating Richard that crossed numerous lines. The plastic surgery that allowed him to play that role may be what's been keeping Olivia from unveiling his true identity. Meanwhile, the often mentally unbalanced Olivia, trying to remember through a haze of alcohol and age, will be calculating exactly what she needs to do to protect herself and her daughter. Look for a lot of slippery drama and a chance for Bradley Cole to show off his acting chops on Wednesday's In the Light.

Posted by queengrape at Friday, November 03 2006 10:29 AM

So,could Jeffery be Ava's father! Hum.....

Posted by Logle78 at Friday, November 03 2006 11:54 AM

This could make for a very interesting and intriguing story! Also, it could tie Jeffrey in to a Springfield "family connection" I can hardly wait!

Posted by suburbandiva at Friday, November 03 2006 12:02 PM

I still don't believe the "rape story!" only because its Olivia! But, its interesting that the picture that was shown was with Cassie and Jeffery!(together! well kind of!) I'am sorry I really have doubts about Olivia story. As, I have said before Ms.O is not only capable of lying she does it really well. Not, saying that she and Jeffery did'nt do the deed I just don't believe its "rape". I don't know if it was Jeffery. She like to "spread the love!" So, I wil wait and see how this thing comes out!

Posted by Starrsdusstt at Friday, November 03 2006 12:48 PM

I have watched Guiding Light and Reva and Josh since Guiding light started I can't see the show with out Reva and Josh being together or Reva being dead say it isn't sooooooooo

Posted by Sachi at Friday, November 03 2006 01:19 PM

Nothing about Reva?? Argh!! How about what happens to her *anger anger*

LOL Geffrey is a daddy =x
    I doubt it was rape too haha.

Posted by Amma at Friday, November 03 2006 01:40 PM

I agree with so many other viewers. Without Reva to be with Josh, is not longer worth watching. I've been watching since the beginning. Hopefully the writters will bring her back after she leaves her body for a short time. Then has the strenth to come back to. Patientlly waiting till Monday, before I get total abset.

Posted by frogleg2001 at Friday, November 03 2006 01:57 PM

I am very disapointed with the writers at CBS I watched as they Killed her. Now what. I don't know if I will want to watch it ever again. I have been watching sence I was 10

Posted by gemini030 at Friday, November 03 2006 02:00 PM

So Jeffrey could be Ava's dad...this should be interesting..Poor Ava, mom and dad are very good liars..I know she is really glad she was adopted

Posted by 19babygrl82 at Friday, November 03 2006 02:49 PM

I guess I am missing out on this story, what about a rape. What whin Olivia was younger? Or someone else now? This whole show is going down the tubes......

Posted by sam705 at Friday, November 03 2006 03:54 PM

HE'S PROBABLY AVA'S FATHER!

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page: