Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Guiding Light: Guiding Light's Pelphrey and Gatschet: Exiting?

Thursday, September 14 2006

Jonathan (Tom Pelphrey) and Tammy (Stephanie Gatschet) (Soaps.com)
    Rumors continue to abound that Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan Randall) and Stephanie Gatschet (Tammy Winslow) are set to leave the cast of Guiding Light. Sources have suggested that Pelphrey will leave by the end of December with Gatschet following in January. Spokespeople for the show however, have not definitively stated whether either departure is, in fact, imminent or whether either role will be recast.

Such rumors have been common this year; both Kim Zimmer (Reva Lewis) and Jordan Clarke (Billy Lewis) were set to leave only to have their contracts re-negotiated. Reports of Pelphrey's departure have been frequent since the end of last year, but have failed to materialize. In fact, he re-negotiated his contract with the program earlier in the year. Gatschet was given her first contract at about the same time, once her character was moved from recurring status to a lead as Tammy Winslow, the sweet and good natured daughter of Cassie with a fondness for bad boys. Gatschet joined the show in 2002 while still a Bachelor of Fine Arts student at the Tisch School (New York University).

Pelphrey, a New Jersey native who attended the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University, joined the cast in 2004. Bringing a freshness and devious charm to the role of Jonathan, the son Reva gave up for adoption who returned to wreak havoc on his family (often by sleeping with its female members) has fascinated and delighted viewers since his arrival. At the most recent Daytime Emmy Awards, he insisted that he was 'sticking around' though he offered no specific details on how long his stay would last. 'I'm not supposed to talk about it,' he explained. He went on to say that, 'I truly love the people I work with, so that's why I want to stay.'

Stay tuned. We'll work on hard on keeping you informed of the latest developments.

Posted by kla hughey at Thursday, September 14 2006 12:04 PM

its all crazy how the two had to fight between their familys for their love and now it is all about lizze well jonathan shouldn't have done tammy like that just had vists with his baby and been with the one he loves but lizze is crazy and messsed every thing up for the two and cassie shouldn't do her sister like that even if he was hers 1st still they didnt know what was going on and now it will be all regrets on the show i love to watch the show if i could i would be on the soaps but i aint good enoughbut reva is my romodle i like how she handles things

Posted by yankeeswife05 at Thursday, September 14 2006 12:44 PM

LOVE THE JONATHAN AND TAMMY ROLES. LIZZIE IS GOOD TOO. HARD TO DECIDE WHO JONATHAN SHOULD BE WITH! UNLESS LIZZIE CHARACTER TURNS BACK MEAN , SHE HAS A CHANCE!

Posted by meg888 at Thursday, September 14 2006 04:28 PM

Oh, definintely Tammy with Jonathan. No question. Lizzie does not deserve Jonathan. She can be cute, but her love is so selfish. Tammy and Jonathan are it.

Posted by CBSoapKing at Thursday, September 14 2006 08:25 PM

Well Tom Pelphrey never seems to have a bad day of acting. Today was typical of Jonathan making me LMAO as he beat Beth down and around at the Spaulding mansion. He is a real fire-cracker...maybe either too hot for GL to keep much longer or a key asset to keeping them on the air.

Posted by Lymeka at Friday, September 15 2006 06:10 AM

I think that Lizzie can be very selfish at times, but then that's life. But she doesn't need to do her friends like that, being that they are the ones that are trying to help. They always say keep you enemy close and sometimes friends or so called friends are the ones that hurt you the most because they are so close. Why did GL move from 3pm to 10am? It's been like that all these years that I'm not use to it and sometimes I not even up unless my children get up, I'm not an early bird. The only time I'm up that early is when I go to college on Mondays

Posted by Kristin89 at Friday, September 15 2006 09:03 AM

The whole Lizze,Jonathan thing will end soon I hope because Lizze is a witch she don't need nothing she has.Because of what she is trying to do to the people who's wanting help her!

Posted by Kristin89 at Friday, September 15 2006 09:15 AM

I think A.C. and Dinah each other there great looking together....I like how they show the video of them to together it was great then Jefferys' dirty butt messed it up for .... come ruin his life a little more..

Posted by truehearts112 at Friday, September 15 2006 12:01 PM

If Tammy and Jon leave I will be very sad!!!! I love them in their roles and I just can't fathom the thought of them not being apart of the show. As for Reva, she's the greatest and I've always been a big fan of her and Josh so I would really be disappointed if she left. We need a miracle cure pronto!!! Billy is a nice asset but he's not made for Reva so keep them away from each other!!

Posted by Rocketm3 at Friday, September 15 2006 12:09 PM

I am sooooo weary of Lizzie and frankly all the "Women Who Love to Much" trying to make men that don't love them back!
    Haven't they read the self help book??!! I think the pregnant unmarried women are taking over the soaps. Time for adventure. Lizzie needs to "lose" that doomed baby. I have been avid fans for 35-40 yrs but truthfully, today I would rather dust and clean my toilets. Come up with some new material. Have a MATERIALS INTURN CONTEST for writers!!!!!!!!We did the INTURN ACTING... Give US a chance to write for a month!

Posted by Etta at Friday, September 15 2006 02:12 PM

I am sick and tired of this thing with Reva and her not telling Josh about her illness. How much longer are we going to have to wait for her to tell him? This is getting to be ridiculous!

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: