Guiding Light - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Guiding Light' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

GL Counts Down to Jonathan's Return

Thursday, January 10 2008

Tom Pelphrey (soaps.com)
    It has been a year since Jonathan Randall, black sheep of the Lewis clan, drove off a cliff with his baby to fake his death. Since then, he's cast a pretty big shadow over his mother Reva's life while she's done her best to cover for his disappearing act. For months there have been hints that he may return, buoyed to no end by the release this past fall of the tie-in novel Jonathan's Story (which you can read about here). The novel left a lot of people wondering whether this was really leaving the door open for a Jonathan return or closing it shut. Fans of the anti-hero will soon be getting some answers to their questions when the character is brought back to screens in coming weeks.

(soaps.com)
    Daytime Emmy Award-winner Tom Pelphrey will be returning to the role and, this time, it promises to be for a longer stretch than his brief re-appearance last year. In conjunction with the upcoming return, the people behind the scenes at Guiding Light have set up a special video display which will relate the story of the character and explore his relationships. Each day a new clip will be added, counting down the days until his return. If you're feeling nostalgic and want to relive some old memories, or if you're confused and have no idea who I've been talking about, you should check it out at the official site here.

Posted by SndrElkins at Thursday, January 10 2008 02:50 PM

Welcome back Jonathan.I can't wait to see whats gonna happen !!

Posted by SndrElkins at Thursday, January 10 2008 03:04 PM

I love these videos.Just one problem.I want Jonathan to stay this time.And it would be nice if Tammy would come back.

Posted by maddy52 at Friday, January 11 2008 06:23 AM

I have come to like the character of jonathan.at first it was his looks that i liked first; but as time went on, it was the acting of tom that i have come to love, as he "is" a very great actor. I normally don't watch numbers, but i made sure i did when he was on the show:I put him right up there with brad pitt; as it was his looks that i liked first also; but its his talent that is great...

Posted by SndrElkins at Friday, January 11 2008 02:46 PM

I just watched part 4.Oh boy oh boy !!

Posted by Guidinglight_fan at Saturday, January 12 2008 07:47 AM

I can't wait intill Jonathan comes back! Tammy memories are sure to be shown! I doubt we'll see a Tammy return.

Posted by byshawell at Saturday, January 12 2008 08:59 PM

now i can return to GL...I stop watching becasue they killed Tammy and then Jonathan...glad ur back

Posted by dlang at Sunday, January 13 2008 06:33 AM

I am so excited that johnathan is coming back i have been waiting for this since he left the show. The show has been so boring with out him. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING BACK TOM.!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR BIGGEST FAN...

Posted by SndrElkins at Monday, January 14 2008 03:04 PM

Wooohooo,i just watched part five.Happy days will soon return to GL.I'm so happy Jonathan is coming back

Posted by SndrElkins at Tuesday, January 15 2008 04:25 PM

Part six is great.Thats my bad boy.:)

Posted by SndrElkins at Wednesday, January 16 2008 03:04 PM