List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: 9/11

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

9/11

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2012/09/11 11:21AM
    Latest post: 2012/09/19 10:52AM, Views: 148, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2012/09/11 11:21AM
    9/11
    Rosie Butter...

I cannot believe it has been 11 years ago since the 9-11 attacks. I was not born yet when JFK was killed, but always heard people say how they remember where they were when he was killed. Well, I, like most of us, cannot forget that day. My husband worked not to far from Offutt Air Force Base then, which is where Air Force One went. He said it was so strange driving home and seeing a plane in the sky hoping it was AFO. It was such a perfect day it seemed, as I was dropping my kids off at daycare. My heart still goes out to all those who are missing a loved one, a dad/mom son/daughter, friend... today. Bless all!

#2   2012/09/11 04:12PM
    Re: 9/11
    Bizzie Fan

Rosie, Thank you so much for this thread. I too remember what I was doing that morning when the first plan hit.
    We went to the Smithsonian in Washington 2 or 3 years after 9/11 and they had 9/11 Memorial Exhibit set up. It was really emotionally hard to look at. Knowing how many innocent people lost their lives that day just sent chills over me.
    I bought Lisa Beamer's book "Let's Roll" about her husband Tood. I can't count the times I cried while reading that book. They were so young and such a beautiful couple that had their future planned and it was taken away from them by some warped point of view. To this day, when I am dusting off my book shelves and see that book, I get goose bumps and emotional.
    May God continue to Bless and Comfort each of the families that lost a loved one during 9/11 and also the survivors of 9/11.

#3   2012/09/19 10:52AM
    Re: 9/11
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Bizzie Fan: Rosie, Thank you so much for this thread. I too remember what I was doing that morning when the first plan hit.
    We went to the Smithsonian in Washington 2 or 3 years after 9/11 and they had 9/11 Memorial Exhibit set up. It was really emotionally hard to look at. Knowing how many innocent people lost their lives that day just sent chills over me.
    I bought Lisa Beamer's book "Let's Roll" about her husband Tood. I can't count the times I cried while reading that book. They were so young and such a beautiful couple that had their future planned and it was taken away from them by some warped point of view. To this day, when I am dusting off my book shelves and see that book, I get goose bumps and emotional.
    May God continue to Bless and Comfort each of the families that lost a loved one during 9/11 and also the survivors of 9/11.

I did not read the book, but seen Lisa Beamer on news show and such over the years---she is one strong lady!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list