List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Waltons VS Spauldings

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Waltons VS Spauldings

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2012/06/01 08:18AM
    Latest post: 2012/10/13 07:13PM, Views: 3307, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2012/06/01 08:18AM
    Waltons VS Spauldings
    Rosie Butter...

I have been watching The Waltons here and there lately. I love the show as a kid, and it was the first show I watched on our first color TV. Ya, that dates me, but we were like the last to get a color tv. Our old black and white just would not die!!! I was thinking it would be funny to see Alan as Grandpa Walton and Phillip as John Walton. But I think I like Alan in suits more than overalls! One episode had Jordan Clarke(Billy Lewis), which was so fun to see. I knew he was in an episode of MASH, but did not recall him in The Waltons. He was soooo young and had this curly hair--boy I miss him. I like him more as a Billy, but was glad to see him anyway.

#2   2012/06/03 03:55PM
    Re: Waltons VS Spauldings
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Rosie Butterface: I have been watching The Waltons here and there lately. I love the show as a kid, and it was the first show I watched on our first color TV. Ya, that dates me, but we were like the last to get a color tv. Our old black and white just would not die!!! I was thinking it would be funny to see Alan as Grandpa Walton and Phillip as John Walton. But I think I like Alan in suits more than overalls! One episode had Jordan Clarke(Billy Lewis), which was so fun to see. I knew he was in an episode of MASH, but did not recall him in The Waltons. He was soooo young and had this curly hair--boy I miss him. I like him more as a Billy, but was glad to see him anyway.

To Funny---well, maybe just in my world. I am watching The Waltons and Mary Ellen is getting married. She broke up with the guy she was going to marry, David Spencer to marry Dr. Cutris Willard. Funny thing is, the guy who played David Spencer name is Robert Merritt Woods who now goes by Robert Woods. AKA Bo Buchan from OLTL. Funny part, he played David Spencer. On OLTL, his son is David Vickers, who half brother is Spencer Thruman. I am sure there is more face I will know.

#3   2012/06/04 08:21AM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote Rosie Butterface:
    Quote Rosie Butterface: I have been watching The Waltons here and there lately. I love the show as a kid, and it was the first show I watched on our first color TV. Ya, that dates me, but we were like the last to get a color tv. Our old black and white just would not die!!! I was thinking it would be funny to see Alan as Grandpa Walton and Phillip as John Walton. But I think I like Alan in suits more than overalls! One episode had Jordan Clarke(Billy Lewis), which was so fun to see. I knew he was in an episode of MASH, but did not recall him in The Waltons. He was soooo young and had this curly hair--boy I miss him. I like him more as a Billy, but was glad to see him anyway.

To Funny---well, maybe just in my world. I am watching The Waltons and Mary Ellen is getting married. She broke up with the guy she was going to marry, David Spencer to marry Dr. Cutris Willard. Funny thing is, the guy who played David Spencer name is Robert Merritt Woods who now goes by Robert Woods. AKA Bo Buchan from OLTL. Funny part, he played David Spencer. On OLTL, his son is David Vickers, who half brother is Spencer Thruman. I am sure there is more face I will know.

I like this new thread. LOL, I can just see Alan Spaulding sitting on the Walton's front porch drinking his shot of Brandy.
    I too grew up with the Waltons and really enjoyed watching them. I will have to check out my program guide and see if I can get them.

#4   2012/06/05 06:07AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Bizzie Fan:
    Quote Rosie Butterface:

I like this new thread. LOL, I can just see Alan Spaulding sitting on the Walton's front porch drinking his shot of Brandy.
    I too grew up with the Waltons and really enjoyed watching them. I will have to check out my program guide and see if I can get them.

I get The Waltons on in the afternoon on Hallmark Channel. I grew up on a farm and always wanted a farmhouse like they had! I could see Alex being one of the Baldwin Sisters, as Marj has such a good comic side to her.

#5   2012/06/06 08:33AM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote Rosie Butterface:
    Quote Bizzie Fan:
    Quote Rosie Butterface:

I get The Waltons on in the afternoon on Hallmark Channel. I grew up on a farm and always wanted a farmhouse like they had! I could see Alex being one of the Baldwin Sisters, as Marj has such a good comic side to her.

Love Marj. She was my favorite Alex. I always wondered what it would be like to have an aunt like her.

#6   2012/10/11 12:10AM
    LucyT

I watch the waltons almost everyday my 14 year old son loves the waltons.

#7   2012/10/13 03:02PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote LucyT: I watch the waltons almost everyday my 14 year old son loves the waltons.

I grew up in a small rural mid-west area. We had 4 tv stations(if there were no storms). We had party lines(which means you share a phone line with neighbors. We had only two other family on our line). We did not get a color tv until later too. The first show I watched on color TV was The Waltons. Now, do not do the math, as I am still only 29!

#8   2012/10/13 07:13PM
    LucyT

Quote Rosie Butterface:
    Quote LucyT: I watch the waltons almost everyday my 14 year old son loves the waltons.

I grew up in a small rural mid-west area. We had 4 tv stations(if there were no storms). We had party lines(which means you share a phone line with neighbors. We had only two other family on our line). We did not get a color tv until later too. The first show I watched on color TV was The Waltons. Now, do not do the math, as I am still only 29!
    I grew up in the rural south east we also had 4 tv stations and party lines I sat beside my great grandmother and watched the walton.My cousins and I used to fight over who would marry John boy.My husband has bought me every season of the waltons on dvd but I still watch them on t.v.I want then to continue to air them hoping more generations will love them.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/10/13 07:22PM
    page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list