List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: No Wonder Guiding Light is almost always last in the ratings

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

No Wonder Guiding Light is almost always last in the ratings

Started by pdames4 at 2006/10/08 02:18PM
    Latest post: 2006/10/08 05:40PM, Views: 1015, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/10/08 02:18PM
    No Wonder Guiding Light is almost always last in the ratings
    pdames4

The writers and Powers That Be at Guiding Light are really stupid. This is why GL is almost always at the bottom of the ratings. How can such a good show as it used to be write such schmuck! Reva allowing Josh and Casssie to be together. Even if she felt this was the right thing to do. We who have been watching since Bert Bauer and her no good husband left her for another woman knows and understands that Reva would not do this even if she wanted to. it is not in her nature. What we have always loved about Reva is the fact that she has always had to struggle with the right thing. This is what made the character so endearing to us. Reva marries HB. Although she knew it was wrong and tasteless, she did it anyway. The scenes with Kim Z and Larry Gates priceless and all were worthy of emmy material. She would call him "Old Man" It was never a put down but a tender way to express her love for him. This new character is boring, stupid and has no appeal. Reva has always been daring not boring. Josh being with Cassie is stupid and is worthy of trailer trash viewers. I can't believe people are actually being paid to write such drivel. If I was Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman I would protest profusely. If GL gets cancelled, it's there own fault. If I did not have DVR, I would not know what was going on because the Writers at GH on ABC would win out in a heartbeat. The storylines at ABC are much more realisitic. Shame on you Guiding Light. I am getting out of The Light.

#2   2006/10/08 05:40PM
    Re: No Wonder Guiding Light is almost always last in the ratings
    Marti

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!

#3   2006/10/10 06:34AM
    hrshane

Quote pdames4: The writers and Powers That Be at Guiding Light are really stupid. This is why GL is almost always at the bottom of the ratings. How can such a good show as it used to be write such schmuck! Reva allowing Josh and Casssie to be together. Even if she felt this was the right thing to do. We who have been watching since Bert Bauer and her no good husband left her for another woman knows and understands that Reva would not do this even if she wanted to. it is not in her nature. What we have always loved about Reva is the fact that she has always had to struggle with the right thing. This is what made the character so endearing to us. Reva marries HB. Although she knew it was wrong and tasteless, she did it anyway. The scenes with Kim Z and Larry Gates priceless and all were worthy of emmy material. She would call him "Old Man" It was never a put down but a tender way to express her love for him. This new character is boring, stupid and has no appeal. Reva has always been daring not boring. Josh being with Cassie is stupid and is worthy of trailer trash viewers. I can't believe people are actually being paid to write such drivel. If I was Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman I would protest profusely. If GL gets cancelled, it's there own fault. If I did not have DVR, I would not know what was going on because the Writers at GH on ABC would win out in a heartbeat. The storylines at ABC are much more realisitic. Shame on you Guiding Light. I am getting out of The Light.
    This is true the writing is'nt right Reva would never and Cassie would never do this to her sister and when would reva not tell her sister.plus Rick and Mel's kid Leah how is she older then her older brother Jude .

#4   2006/11/01 11:40AM
    NaughtyNina27

Don't the writers know that understanding and heart ache doesn't sell as well as Revenge and Jealousy? soaps can be so Far fetched in so many ways, but then why don't they write it so that every woman watching can say oh if i could only be like reva, and totally get revenge? I just don't get it. I don't think it would hurt the writers to take on some young blood in their writing departmet? Any comments?

#5   2006/11/01 12:59PM
    BonnieNunez1973

So true.. if we wanted to watch cartoons there is always the cartoon network.. anyone know how long this crap is going to last? already decided to find a new program was scrolling through the channels and found the old Cassie on another program may have to check that out )

#6   2006/11/01 01:00PM
    dianeb

What is wrong with GL writers? Todays show is so stupid! Do you really think we want to see Harly making a fool of herself while Reva is dying? I've been watching GL since the begining, 50 years, and never been so turned off.

#7   2006/11/01 02:02PM
    harminni72

You guys have said it all, Im actuall lost for words. But i will say this. I also DVR the GL, but I may too stop and start DVR the Y&R.

#8   2006/11/01 03:31PM
    minimous

I hope today (11-01-06) was a "trick or treat" TRICK! I kept watching to see if it would say this was advertising the comic online or something. I think it is a disgrace and if they are going to have Reva die then it was totally in poor taste to go to something silly rather than her struggle for her life.. I have watched this show 40 + years as a dedicated fan, something by the ratings the show has not got a lot of, compared to other daytime shows and THIS is what I get for that dedication? A stupid absurd cartoon that was not in the least entertaining. A poor distasteful way to present a great drama actress like Beth E.I am saddened and if it does not stop and go on with the storyline in a true actors showcase then I too will stop--permantely. I am wondering along with others if Kim Z.has been kicked off the show along with a a lot of other long time players. The writers need to be kicked off the show if anyone. The Cassie Reva storyline is sickening and makes Cassie out like a non caring tramp. Thank God the beautiful Laura Wright was not cast in this storyline for I would have stopped watching for sure. GET BACK TO THE STORY AT HAND WRITERS AND STAY THERE! Feel free to email me folks

#9   2006/11/01 05:15PM
    maxie8783

?) I hated today's show 11/1/06,will not watch guilding light anymore if they are going to do that stupid stuff,and I also hate having Reve die.

#10   2006/11/02 08:22AM
    queengrape

I totaly agree, yesterdays show was so bad. If I wanted cartoons , i would klick over to the cartoon network! I have been a fan since i was 8 years old( 50 years) Please writers and the Gods that be bring the Guiding Light back to the Grand Dame she is.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list