List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Is Reva Gonna Die????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is Reva Gonna Die????

Started by nanniecakes at 2006/10/04 05:29PM
    Latest post: 2006/10/17 11:37AM, Views: 2529, Replies: 20
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2006/10/04 05:29PM
    Is Reva Gonna Die????
    nanniecakes

:~ Why does Reva keep mentioning that she isn't gonna be around anymore? Are they gonna use this cancer thing to kill her off? Why would she mention it so much if it's not gonna happen?

#2   2006/10/04 06:27PM
    Re: Is Reva Gonna Die????
    Jeannenoe

I would hope not but it could be that kim zimmer wants to do something different in her acting career.although i think that she is better than some of them

#3   2006/10/04 06:40PM
    Marti

In my opinion if Reva leaves the show is over. The fat lady might just as well go ahead and sing because REVA IS Guiding Light.

#4   2006/10/06 01:35PM
    ghopper53

I'm new to the guiding light, and I too wonder if Reva is going to die so that she can get out of the show. Is she retiring?

#5   2006/10/06 01:48PM
    charbie

we all know you won't kill of your star but i am tired of the story line and her poor me which is the usual reva.

#6   2006/10/07 11:45AM
    catherinesga...

The cancer storyline is very upsetting and why the writers think it is a good idea is beyond me. I just don't get it! How can Josh, Cassie, and all the others be so blind to the fact that something is seriously wrong with Reva? And, what's with the pot smoking on Friday? Watching Reva's face getting all distorted was more than anyone should have to endure. She looked awful! I've been watching this show for more years than I care to admit, but quite honestly, it's taken a severe turn for the worse (and not just health-wise). If this keeps up much longer, I'm changing channels. Reva needs to get honest with Josh and her family. The writers need to see that this storyline is a huge slap in the face to those battling cancer.

#7   2006/10/07 12:37PM
    rosestear

I understand what you are saying, but on the flip side my mother has just been diagnosed with a brain cancer that cannot be cured, watching Reva is hard sometimes--that "...strange how life can change" songs plays in my head a lot when I'm not even watching the show, but the whole thing of the list of things to do before dying is something I have shared with my mother for me to help her do, also some of the insightful things Reva has shared during this ,I pass onto my mother to help her see her way through this. I just hope it doesn't kill me when Reva suddenly finds a cure and my mother doesn't. But then again regular people that don't live in a soap opera get a miracle every now and then too. That's what I'm betting on. Anyway, back to the soap, I guess it's all in how you percieve it-what offends one watcher is okay with another. At least we have a place to voice our opinions.

#8   2006/10/07 03:02PM
    catherinesga...

Quote rosestear: I understand what you are saying, but on the flip side my mother has just been diagnosed with a brain cancer that cannot be cured, watching Reva is hard sometimes--that "...strange how life can change" songs plays in my head a lot when I'm not even watching the show, but the whole thing of the list of things to do before dying is something I have shared with my mother for me to help her do, also some of the insightful things Reva has shared during this ,I pass onto my mother to help her see her way through this. I just hope it doesn't kill me when Reva suddenly finds a cure and my mother doesn't. But then again regular people that don't live in a soap opera get a miracle every now and then too. That's what I'm betting on. Anyway, back to the soap, I guess it's all in how you percieve it-what offends one watcher is okay with another. At least we have a place to voice our opinions.

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. I lost four close relatives to cancer. It is the most insidious disease and does not discriminate.

Because I don't watch this show every day, there are many things related to the cancer storyline that I'm missing; however, each time I do see the show and Reva refuses to let Josh know, it just confuses me ever more. Reva is trying to control destiny; i.e., throwing Josh and Cassie together. Well, I think Josh and Cassie have a right to know what is going on with Reva...they would want to help her...Josh would want to be with her. To me, Reva is being too manipulative and using her cancer as the reason.

#9   2006/10/08 12:43AM
    rosestear

Thank you for your concern about my mother-it is a new, sudden, and strange battle.I am sorry for your losses with this disease. I do see Reva trying to control destiny with everyone. From my experience with my mom she would be too confused at this point to do so, but yet,I'm wrong-- she has told me "my husband loves me, raise our son together" stuff from time to time.So I guess the script is sticking to truth--how people at some point respond to death. However Reva is a better woman than me--I thought about if it was my turn--it would tear me up to suggest another woman sleep with my man, another woman raise my children and/or "be home" to the adult ones at the holidays...maybe I'm coming from a selfish standpoint because I, myself,am not actually in those shoes...but I would think the fear of being forgotten would overide everything. Again, I'm not in that place. i do however notice that some people are getting sick of dealing with Reva's cancer from what I've read--but honestly, that is what it is like, one day alone with the disease last painfully forever--yet the thought of letting go comes too soon.Some people think it is bad what they are doing, "we are all so sick, tired and bored" of fighting this disease with Reva--but I don't want to see it end just yet, whether death or life is at Reva's end, the pain is in the battle.The story is in the battle. Or acceptance. Soap opera's mimic life in an exagerated way, if someone's husband is cheating, she will be drawn to that storyline-if someone is having a hard time dividing parenting and career, they will be drawn to that story line, if someone is dating someone that everyone hates and despises, they will be drawn to that story line, if someone is pregnant they will be drawn to that story line...it is a mirror with double the excitement, double the gossip of our own lives. It is escape and it is thinly-- reality.I told myself I wouldn't harp on personal issues--something I actually don't do,I am a private person, and I feel "it's" out of me now--thank you, whoever reads this, and next time,back to the adventures of our soap favorites we love to take notes on!

#10   2006/10/10 06:55AM
    hrshane

Quote nanniecakes: Why does Reva keep mentioning that she isn't gonna be around anymore? Are they gonna use this cancer thing to kill her off? Why would she mention it so much if it's not gonna happen?

I hope they would'nt give breast cancer people that kind of outcome .You need to give hope at all time to people going though it.I know it does happen but I hope though her whole battle she wins.My Grandmothers on both parents side survived breast cancer,so I hope they let Reva.Iknow people that did'nt make it passed ten years after getting treatment but They still had ten more years and they where thankful.So I hope the writers give hope hope hope.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list