List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: almost a year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

almost a year

Started by Mrs.JamesSpaulding at 2010/09/05 10:00AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/17 06:23PM, Views: 2509, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2010/09/05 10:00AM
    almost a year
    Mrs.JamesSpa...

can't believe it was almost a year ago guiding light ended. I've recently become a fan of as the world turns which also goes off air soon I like watching zack conroy on bold and the beautiful but i'm not into the plot as much. I hope you guys had a good summer, have you gotten into any soaps?

#2   2010/09/13 01:31PM
    Re: almost a year
    edge of night

The light never dimmed for me i taped the last year&a half of Gl i pop in a dvd of the good folks of springfield when ever i can it still makes me smile i have been tapping ATWT for the pass 8 months so that when i miss the good citzens of Oakdale i will be able to see them.....Even though it is not the show i started watching 30 years ago and it is not as painful as losing the light, it makes me sad to think of how many things i loved that are no longer with me.

#3   2010/09/13 02:40PM
    SndrElkins

I really do miss the show. And i miss all of the people that use to come here and chat about our favorite soap.

#4   2010/09/13 04:03PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote SndrElkins: I really do miss the show. And i miss all of the people that use to come here and chat about our favorite soap.

We had some really good chats, I too miss them!! Sorry about the game last night. The Cowboy's are my husband's fave NFL team, since he was a little boy. He was in the DFW airport today on a layover and was kind of hope to see some getting back to town. I was a ATWT fan too, but GL was NUMBER 1. I feel really bad for those that were ATWT number one fans--we all know how they are feeling right about now.

#5   2010/09/14 04:33PM
    Mrs.JamesSpa...

I haven't been on here for a pretty long time either, I heard kim is gonna be on one life to live with natila?

#6   2010/09/14 09:50PM
    mat317

I can't believe a year has passed! I believe a year ago today, Nola and Bridget were kissing Company goodbye--
    I'm going through my GL withdrawals again. I moved from Cleveland to Albuquerque right after it ended. All is going well here, but its just not the same.
    I couldn't believe I was actually dreaming of GL the other night and woke up realizing it was gone. Sad time...I rarely watch CBS anymore...except for Ghost Whisperer, which, oh yeah...CBS CANCELED TOO!

#7   2010/09/15 02:54PM
    Rosie Butter...

I was watching the episode last night on you tubes where Phillip is talking to Alan and then relizes Alan has passed on. Alan died on 9-15-09 per episode airing. I still like to think he faked his death to bring peace to Springfield and he is on some tropical island. When you think of the last episode(9-18-09)it would be now, as they showed us where in life the residents of SF would be.

#8   2010/09/15 05:46PM
    pink kiity

i think most of the as the world fans also watched guiding light to i watch both guiding light and as the world turns and i was just on there board and they all talk how must they both miss guiding light and now as the world tuns will stop turning to and they will miss it to when its goes to also,

#9   2010/09/15 06:47PM
    clicquot1

I think what i will always miss MOST about GL is never getting to see REVA SHAYNE put on her red dress again.......to get JOSHUA'S attention!

ALWAYS BUD...............................ALWAYS REVA!

#10   2010/09/17 06:23PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote Rosie Butterface: I was watching the episode last night on you tubes where Phillip is talking to Alan and then relizes Alan has passed on. Alan died on 9-15-09 per episode airing. I still like to think he faked his death to bring peace to Springfield and he is on some tropical island. When you think of the last episode(9-18-09)it would be now, as they showed us where in life the residents of SF would be.

Hi to everyone,
    Oh, Rosie I watched that one about a month ago and found myself in tears. Wouldn't it have been wonderful if they hadn't cancelled GL and Alan had faked his own death. What a sl that could have been? Having all of these sl ideas and knowing that there were still so many more sl to tell on GL makes it even more sad that they didn't do more to save the best soap ever, Guiding Light.
    It's hard to believe that it has been a year. I still miss GL just as much as I did when it went off air. At times I even catch myself at night thinking about tomorrow's show and then I realize it won't be on. I have yet to find a soap that lives up to GL. None can compare.
    I too miss all the great chats and everyone that posted. We had a great time on the GL board. Mat317, good to hear from you. Glad everything is going well.
    Here's to Guiding Light! It will forever shine!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list