List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Going to see Mandy in Atlanta

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Going to see Mandy in Atlanta

Started by PelphreyPosse at 2010/08/22 10:34AM
    Latest post: 2010/08/29 10:48AM, Views: 2617, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2010/08/22 10:34AM
    Going to see Mandy in Atlanta
    PelphreyPosse

This is a good week for me. On Thursday I get to see Michael Bolton in concert and then on Saturday I get to see Mandy Bruno playing Maria in the Sound of Music at the Fox. Lee Seigel and I are going and taking her two young sons for the afternoon performance and then meeting Mandy and Rob at the stage door afterward for a quick visit. She has another performance that night and I have to drive back to Nashville, a 4 hour trip. Can't wait to see them again, I had so much fun visiting with them on the GL cruise. She has a gorgeous voice, she sang one song accapella for us on the ship, and several songs with music during the talent show.

#2   2010/08/24 11:52AM
    Re: Going to see Mandy in Atlanta
    calliope

Lucky you! Enjoy!

#3   2010/08/24 02:59PM
    Rosie Butter...

I have never heard her sing, but could see her in the role of Maria. I love "The Sound of Music." So much deeper when you have seen it your whole life. Oh, when Christopher Plummer's voice cracks while he is singing Edelweiss gets me every time! Maria is now a woman, not a girl and he is no longer this somber, no feeling rock, but a loving man....I think so many from the "soaps" are much like old Hollywood actors. You had to look good and have talent. So many actors making the big bucks just does not have it "all."
    Michael Bolton, brings be back to the 80's when he and I both had big hair. We both look better today! I always liked his stuff, great song writer too!
    Well, have fun, be safe and enjoy every moment!!

#4   2010/08/29 10:48AM
    PelphreyPosse

Oh, Rosie, such a fun week it was, after getting thru work, that is. Michael Bolton was his usual fabulous self, that makes about 18 concerts of his that I have attended. There isn't an amount of money I wouldn't spend to go see him in person. Fab night with some friends, also.
    Mandy in The Sound of Music was exquisite. I have always adored the music, BIG Christopher Plummer fan also, and she was great, just the right amount of pixie in her for the role. My friend Lee and I and her two young sons, got to see them for a short time afterwards, Rob had his mom and brother there and they were going to squeeze in dinner really fast before the evening performance that night. Rob was all dressed up, gosh is he georgous or what? I gave them a framed picture of when they got on the ship in NYC for the So Long Springfield At Sea, and wrote them a note on the back. And made them an album of photos from the cruise that included all of their castmates from GL. Rob teared up when he read what I wrote and said "I can't believe that you made me cry", I really love the both of them. Mandy mentioned as we were walking up the hill that her throat was sore from all of the singing and Lee's young son Nolan (9ish) said" I would be glad to take you and buy you a milkshake if that would make it feel better". Mandy was entraced with him and gave him a big hug, I told Rob he better watch out or Nolan would steal her away! They are so happy together waiting out the time till March when they are getting married. I'm really happy for them, I had a four hour drive home last night and today am working 6 hours of overtime at school so in about three hours I am leaving. Let me hear from you, girl.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list