List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: HOW WEIRD NOT TO HAVE THE BAUER BBQ ON THE JULY 4

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

HOW WEIRD NOT TO HAVE THE BAUER BBQ ON THE JULY 4

Started by Dray at 2010/06/29 08:52PM
    Latest post: 2010/07/26 06:49PM, Views: 486, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2010/06/29 08:52PM
    HOW WEIRD NOT TO HAVE THE BAUER BBQ ON THE JULY 4
    Dray

I have watched GL for years and this will be the 1st July 4th without the bauer BBQ. OM Goodnesss!

#2   2010/06/29 09:32PM
    Re: HOW WEIRD NOT TO HAVE THE BAUER BBQ ON THE JULY 4
    mamarock

ITA!!!! I watched since the late fifties...my kids grew up on the Bauer BBQ's even though they weren't great fans of the show, just keeping in touch with the GL family.

WOW, the first year without the BBQ....

#3   2010/07/01 03:22PM
    Bizzie Fan

It is so sad that we don't get to enjoy the Bauer BBQ this year with our GL family. It's still hard to believe that it's been almost a year since our soap has been gone. No other soap can compare. Happy 4th of July!

#4   2010/07/05 04:13PM
    edge of night

I had DVR everyday GL from 09/07 till the end today i watched bbq from july 08&09 cried all through both of them the light will never dim for me I will always hold the good citzens of springfield close to my heart now & forever

#5   2010/07/07 06:44AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote mamarock: ITA!!!! I watched since the late fifties...my kids grew up on the Bauer BBQ's even though they weren't great fans of the show, just keeping in touch with the GL family.

WOW, the first year without the BBQ....

Howdy Mamarock--glad to see ya on the board! It is funny how we come so used to the Bauer BBQ over the years. As a kid/teen, I used to love the Bauer's party. Oh, I loved Phillip in the black speedo!!!! Phillip/GA was as close to a Greek God I had ever seen!!! I am sure if GA were to read this he would wonder if that black speedo time will ever rest---NEVER, not as long as I have my memories!!

#6   2010/07/07 04:01PM
    Bizzie Fan

Hi Mamarock and Rosie. So true how we got use to the Bauer BBQ over the years. They were the best. After growing up with GL and The Bauer BBQ's, when I got married 20 plus years ago, I have had a cookout every 4th July. GL was in my thoughts with warm memories this past 4th of July weekend. But then again, it is always in my thoughts. It will always be dear to my heart.

#7   2010/07/21 09:09AM
    suesie

New to these boards. But my daughter and I were just discussing this. I have grown up with the Bauer BBQ. I missed it this year. No one does the BBQ like the Bauers.

#8   2010/07/22 02:51PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote suesie: New to these boards. But my daughter and I were just discussing this. I have grown up with the Bauer BBQ. I missed it this year. No one does the BBQ like the Bauers.

WELCOME FRIEND!! Glad you jumped on the board. There are some really wonderful GL fans/friends here.

#9   2010/07/23 07:46AM
    michellef1962

Wow I was thinking the same thing! After 32 years of watching GL, no more Bauer BBQ's! It is sad. Yup almost a year that GL's been off the air. I still miss it terribly!

#10   2010/07/26 06:49PM
    fan39

I too miss the Bauer BBQ, I have not been on this site in a while but have been thinking of the show.. I miss it so much! but even though we dont have the show its really nice us fans can come on here and chat and share our memories.. thanks guys!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list