List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Tom Pelphrey

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Tom Pelphrey

Started by calliope at 2010/03/29 01:15PM
    Latest post: 2010/07/22 09:17AM, Views: 3072, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2010/05/03 06:41PM
    Re: Tom Pelphrey
    PelphreyPosse

Yes, Tom is a mess, he picks on me all the time. I love him to pieces and he knows it. Jennifer I gave a really baby soft pink blanket that I had a lady I know embroider on a fancy machine her baby's name and Jenn and Karl's name and in the center I put the baby's birth date and said that date a family was made. Jennifer cried when she saw it. Then later emailed me that Karl was just blown away when he saw it and her mom who was down for a week's visit, cried when she saw it so she said I had made her whole family cry except for Eva who just loved to snuggle with it. I love Jennifer so much, she is just one of my favorite people, she wants to show me the baby on my next trip but I don't think I will have the time, I am coming into NYC on July 30th and will go see Tom's play that night and board the ship the next morning for the GL cruise. I guess I will wait until October for the baby connection.

#12   2010/05/06 03:52PM
    Lady53

Quote PelphreyPosse: Rosie, had a great time in NYC, texted Tom to come have drinks with me on Thursday night, but he came back with having an early audition the next morning and couldn't afford to go out drinking! I had to laugh at that one. I went to the ATWT studio and hung out for a couple of hours, saw Michael Park, and Julie Pinson and met the new Gabriel Ben who is cute as a bug. Saw a couple of others, then went to Brian Malloy's sports bar (he moved to a new location) and had dinner with him and chatted on the phone with Jess (Leccia/Natalia). Saw Tom on Saturday at the luncheon for a little while and then he came to Trent's event and came up and said "where's my drink, woman!" I said, nuh, the offer expired on Thursday night! He has a shorter hair cut again and has lost more weight than he needs to. I also got to have dinner with Jennifer Roszell (x-Eleni on GL) and three of us gave her a mini baby shower. She adopted a baby girl in January. She and her husband are sleep deprived but thrilled and happy. I saw Jon Prescott (x-Mike Kasnoff of ATWT) at the luncheon Sat. and we had lunch together on Sunday before I left to go to the airport, this is a tradition for the two of us, each time I come to NYC. Yes, I know, I'm spoiled and I luv it.
    Will see Tom again in two more weeks at Marco, will post about it when I get back.

Just curious PP as to what line of work/proffesion you are in? You seem to have time to leave your job a lot and anytime you want to travel to these functions and just to go because you want to. Are you in the business or something related to it?

#13   2010/05/07 09:38AM
    PelphreyPosse

Lady53, I just came on the board and read your comment and I'm still laughing, thanks for that. I know sometimes it must seem like all I do is go to these soap events. But the real reason I get to is my work schedule. I am a youth service worker 2 at the Tennessee School for the Blind in Nashville, Tennessee. We have a residential program where blind and visually impaired students come in by greyhound buses on Sunday and live at school until Friday of each week. I work a 10 hour day for 4 days Monday thru Thursday and have a 3 day weekend off of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So I can fly to most events on Friday and back home on Sunday and not miss any time at work. Sometimes my boss thinks the same way you do, however, because on occasion these things end on Sunday late and I wind up taking a Monday off to get back home. I just take some of my personal time to cover it. On the other side of this: I work a lot of overtime on the weekends when people don't show up to work. This extra premium money allows me to pay for my event tickets, planes and hotels. Although I sometimes stay with the actors instead of a hotel, cause I have known many of them for so long. These trips are my vacation time and I spread them out all over the year. My children are grown and I have no one to answer to but myself. Did I explain that good enough for you? I have no connection to the "business" other than having lots of the actors as friends, and knowing several of the executive producers as friends and getting to go to the studios when I am in town. Lucky, some would say so, but I have been doing this for over 20 years and networking simply pays off if you do it long enough. Course I am from the south, and I am friendly and easy to know if you ask people so maybe that explains how I do what I do. ???????????????????

#14   2010/05/07 08:15PM
    Rosie Butter...

Lady 53, I saw Pelphrey Posse comment back to ya. What is left out is that PP has done this for a while and has built up a true friendship with so many of the stars and others that work on soaps. Those of us, like me, who really does not have a lot of excitment, love to hear about all of PP's trips. Pelphrey Posse has also done a lot to keep this board going and is a good friend to so many of us here!! PP works hard and plays even harder!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2010/05/07 08:18PM
    #15   2010/05/09 08:38PM
    PelphreyPosse

Thanks for the support Rosie, but I think she was just curious and I don't blame her. Lots of folks have asked me before how I get to go to so many of these things. Some of the events I don't have to pay for, and sometimes I don't have to have a hotel room so it helps me to go to a lot of these things. Right now the going is tough as I just came back from my surgeon (knee) and he tells me that I have no more cartiledge in my left knee cap. It's bone on bone, and that explains why it hurts ALL THE TIME! I am getting a shot called Synvist directly into the knee which helps in about 4 weeks time after taking it. Knee joint replacement is about 12 months away. Don't know how that will balance out with all my jetting around. But where there's a will, there's a way. I do enjoy my soap friends and also enjoy telling about my trips to any that are interested in hearing about them. I'm excited about this week because I am getting a late birthday party by John Driscoll and some others and I think that's pretty neat for an OLD LADY!!!!!

#16   2010/05/10 08:05AM
    Rosie Butter...

I agree PP, I think she just curious too. But you have done so much for those on and off the soap screen. You spent time being a good friend and being kind. You did so much more then just showing up and the cast of GL and others know that. In otherwords, I'm tootin your horn for ya!! I have always put ya in the Rock and Roll Cool Category! Sorry to hear about your knee. I am sure that it does not feel good. Knees and back are tricky parts to work with. I do not doubt you will find a way to do it all!

#17   2010/05/10 11:37AM
    PelphreyPosse

Thanks, Rosie I have to admit I caved in and am now on really good pain drugs. Hopefully that will just be for a short while until the shot kicks in. I don't like to take pain meds because I am afraid when I really need them I will have built up a tolerance and they won't work! Back to work cleaning up the place before I start packing for Friday. Thanks for having my back.

#18   2010/05/10 03:05PM
    jmdeeg

Dear PP: Have just today caught up with your writings on Message Board... am so sorry to hear about your knee cartilege problem, and know it must be most painful...I know several people who have had knee surgery and they seem to do very well...please take care of yourself, nice lady, and I hope to be in touch....jdvermeer (JD, Holly, MI)

#19   2010/05/10 03:05PM
    jmdeeg

Dear PP: Have just today caught up with your writings on Message Board... am so sorry to hear about your knee cartilege problem, and know it must be most painful...I know several people who have had knee surgery and they seem to do very well...please take care of yourself, nice lady, and I hope to be in touch....jdvermeer (JD, Holly, MI)

#20   2010/05/18 08:44PM
    PelphreyPosse

Hello to everyone, I just got back from Marco Island and seeing Tom P. for a couple of days. He has lost a good bit of weight and is REALLY SKINNY and has his hair very short. It makes him look older I think but he is still georgous. I talked with him on several occasions, the last time for any length was on the boat out on the deck and he told me that his theater company is putting all their eggs in one basket for this summer's three week play. It will be a real off Broadway play with tickets selling just like the big ones, Lion King, etc. He is really anxious to get started but I believe he is worried at the same time. He and Marnie Schulenburg (Allison of ATWT) did a short play reading on Sunday night and it was really good. He is so talented and I hope so much that this play in NYC does well. If any of you are in the area, please try to go to see it and support him. It runs from July 15-Aug 7 or 8th I think. the website for it is www.apothecarytheatrecompany.com (spelling is weird but that's the way it is).

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/05/18 08:46PM
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list