List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Reva's attemted suicide

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Reva's attemted suicide

Started by Holt at 2010/03/02 06:25AM
    Latest post: 2010/06/09 12:46PM, Views: 1697, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/03/02 06:25AM
    Reva's attempted suicide
    Holt

Hi, could someone tell me what the episode name is for the one where Reva jumps off a bridge, trying to commit suicide??

Thanks
    Holt

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/03/02 06:26AM
    #2   2010/03/02 03:34PM
    Re: Reva's attemted suicide
    PelphreyPosse

I've never thought that episodes have titles on soaps. They have many scenes with many characters and the scripts I have don't have any titles on them. And at any rate, Reva wasn'nt trying to comitt suicide, she thought she was going to Bud.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/03/02 03:35PM
    #3   2010/03/02 06:17PM
    Holt

Sorry they only have episode numbers, my mistake.

The reason why I am trying to find out what it was is so I can find the video of that scene maybe on youtube since it was something I watched when I was a kid because the song that played during it was Somewhere sung by Barbara Streisand and it was a turning point in my life.

#4   2010/03/03 01:52PM
    PelphreyPosse

Holt, go on utube and put in "scenes where Reva drives car off bridge" and see what pops up. Lots of times I can find things that way, and ask any poster if they have saved the tape of the famous bridge shot. Good luck.

#5   2010/06/06 09:39PM
    sonia022

That was my ALL TIME FAVORITE Reva scene EVER! I remember like it was yesterday, and yes, she WAS trying to committ suicide! It was when Kyle Sampson married Mauve (or however you spell her name). Reva stood out in the snow wearing a fur coat, looking in the windows during their wedding. It was the saddest scene ever! She looked so beautiful, standing there, in the snow, with her beautiful tears. She then slowly walked to the bridge and jumped in. It was AMAZING! I have searched for that scene over and over again and have yet to find the entire thing. Please please please let me know if you have any luck!!!!

#6   2010/06/06 09:47PM
    sonia022

Best I could find

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQbldJRw94&feature=related

#7   2010/06/08 06:05AM
    PelphreyPosse

Sonia, I asked Kim about this since people still want to argue about this and she said that Reva was a bit addled because no one would drive a car off a bridge in their right mind, but that Reva thought she was going to get to Josh and was DEFINITELY not trying to committ suicide. That's straight from the actor who played the role and the definitive answer to the suicide theory. Unless you want to argue with Kim Zimmer. The other storyline, I agree with.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/06/08 06:05AM
    #8   2010/06/08 12:15PM
    Rosie Butter...

Reva driving her car off the bridge was one of the first s/l regarding postpartum depression. Reva even talked about it when Ava was going through it, after the loss of her baby. Sam, Phillip's sister and Dylan's girlfriend was in the car too and in a wheelchair for some time after that. Oh, I miss GL:0(

#9   2010/06/08 09:13PM
    sonia022

Quote PelphreyPosse: Sonia, I asked Kim about this since people still want to argue about this and she said that Reva was a bit addled because no one would drive a car off a bridge in their right mind, but that Reva thought she was going to get to Josh and was DEFINITELY not trying to committ suicide. That's straight from the actor who played the role and the definitive answer to the suicide theory. Unless you want to argue with Kim Zimmer. The other storyline, I agree with.

You are a bit confused. We are talking about 2 different events. If you re-read this entire thread, Holt was asking about the suicide attempt caused by Kyle Sampson, NOT the Florida bridge event. As Reva jumped off the bridge, they played the song "Somewhere", as Holt wrote in his post. If you care to look, I did post the link for the scene. Again, in the original post, Holt asked about Reva JUMPING off the bridge, NOT driving off of it. And, he specifically mentioned that song, which again, refers to a different moment, not the FL scene. This all happened LONG before her Florida bridge scene, which again, is NOT what Holt was asking about.

#10   2010/06/09 06:24AM
    SndrElkins

Oh the good ole days.I remember when Reva was trying to committ suicide! It was when Kyle Sampson was with Mauve.Reva jumped right in to that ice cold water.WOW that was so long ago,and like you Sonia that was my all time favorite s/l when it comes to the Queen She was so beauitful back then (still is) .

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list