List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Save Our Soaps

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Save Our Soaps

Started by sserena0278 at 2010/01/13 10:22AM
    Latest post: 2010/01/18 07:48AM, Views: 367, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2010/01/13 10:22AM
    Save Our Soaps
    sserena0278

I am trying to find out if there is any interest out there in starting a group to save our soap operas. I am an ATWT fan and am upset about the cancellation. This group would involve all the soap operas. None of the soaps are safe from cancellation. If you are interested in starting a group, you may email me at sserena0278@yahoo.com. We all have to stick together in this fight.
    Sue

#2   2010/01/13 05:05PM
    Re: Save Our Soaps
    PelphreyPosse

Sue, if you have been reading this board you might have seen the save our soap ATWT and GL and it's also on Facebook. It has a mail in campaign going right now. But no matter how many members any group has, we really are not going to make any difference. These cancellations are all about money. Soaps do not make enough money anymore for the sponsors with their ads. Nothing is going to change that because the number of people watching soaps does not number enough to attract the big bucks. The most that watch any soap like Y & R that register on the Neilson ratings is about 5 million, that few make a prime time show cancell also. Wish it wasn't so, but there it is.

#3   2010/01/18 07:48AM
    Re: Save Our Soaps
    sserena0278

My name is Sue. My friend and I are trying to start a group of fans that are interested in saving the remaining Daytime soap operas. If you look at the Nielsen ratings for the soaps, you will see that almost all the ratings are within a point of each other. This means that none of the soaps are safe. If you are a long watching fan of the soaps, you probably have been watching since you were very young. Lets face it game shows and reality shows are cheap to produce so the networks don't care about us long time viewers. If the fans don't get together soon to protest, the only soaps left will be the ones on the internet.
    If you are interested in helping us, please email me at sserena0278@yahoo.com.

I have had some experience in supporting the soaps. I was part of a group called Sudz that held several cast and fan reunions for the soap opera Another World. Granted the show is no longer on the air but they did bring back the show in fan fiction form. If the fans weren't there to support the show after all these years of being back off the air, they wouldn't have brought it back in any form. So fans lets unite to save our shows while we still can. Let the networks know there are still many fans out there. We will be hosting meetings shortly to be posted. Thanks for reading.
    Sue O'Konis
    SOS (Save Our Soaps)

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list