List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Have you gotten hooked on another soap?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Have you gotten hooked on another soap?

Started by merrymary at 2010/01/08 07:33AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/17 10:58PM, Views: 1673, Replies: 17
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/01/08 07:33AM
    Have you gotten hooked on another soap?
    merrymary

As for myself, I have become a big Y & R fan. I used to watch it off and on, but since the light went off, I have been hooked on this soap. Since I already knew many of the characters, it was easy for me to continue to watch this soap. I have really been getting into the storylines, especially with Adam and Sharon. She has always been one of my fav characters. Since Victor has left the show, and he will be back, more vicious then ever, the other characters have had more airtime. I also starte3d to watch B &B. This has become a fav now too. Since we are all cooped up with this nasty winter storm, it is easy to watch them everyday. I miss chatting about our soap. I only wstch As the world turns since Tom P. has joined the cast. He is so fine, and such a great actor. Well, at leqast he has a job for the next year when this soap is axed too. They are going left and right. What next, more Let's make a Deal? UGH!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/01/08 07:36AM
    #2   2010/01/08 07:36AM
    Re: Have you gotten hooked on another soap?
    luvphil

Oh Merry - How i still miss GL. I get home after work and I used to so look forward to sitting down and watching. I am still keeping hope of a return - even if it is reruns or a DVD series. I have not gotten hooked on anything else. Maybe one of these days.

Hope everyone is well

#3   2010/01/08 07:41AM
    merrymary

Hi lovphil, Godd to hear from you again. It is still snowing here inthe 'burgh. We have about a foot on the ground. All I do anymore is watch these two soaps and shovel, shovel the driveway all day. I have to keep busy. As far as missing the light, I find myself wandering around about 10 A.M. and missing my soap. I sometimes go on Youtube and catch some of the old episodes. I miss Joshua!!! I hope everyone and you are doing well this new year. Wouldn't it be wonderful to know that the GL would come back on again? That is my new year wish......

#4   2010/01/08 07:52AM
    shorty1943

Quote merrymary: As for myself, I have become a big Y & R fan. I used to watch it off and on, but since the light went off, I have been hooked on this soap. Since I already knew many of the characters, it was easy for me to continue to watch this soap. I have really been getting into the storylines, especially with Adam and Sharon. She has always been one of my fav characters. Since Victor has left the show, and he will be back, more vicious then ever, the other characters have had more airtime. I also starte3d to watch B &B. This has become a fav now too. Since we are all cooped up with this nasty winter storm, it is easy to watch them everyday. I miss chatting about our soap. I only wstch As the world turns since Tom P. has joined the cast. He is so fine, and such a great actor. Well, at leqast he has a job for the next year when this soap is axed too. They are going left and right. What next, more Let's make a Deal? UGH!!!!

Good morning, MM and others,♥
    Good to see you here, I just check in on occasion. I am like you ladies, miss the light still to this very day. Maybe if I could have seen a reason for it to be taken off, it would be easier to accept....probably not because it still really upsets me that the bosses only see the money that can be made, never what the fans want....now we are losing ATWT's and that breaks my heart.

I have always watched Y&R and B&B, but they just do not fill the void that my two favorites have left. Will continue to watch much like you MM, it is at least something to watch and I will never, ever watch a talk show or a game show.

I wish for everyone a very blessed year. Our country is in such bad shape, I just pray we find a solution soon, so many people hurting. I am very blessed indeed and wish that for everyone. Keep posting on here ladies, we do not want to lose touch!!

#5   2010/01/08 10:50AM
    mz.m.davis

Good to hear from you MM! I have watched Y & R almost as long as I'd watched GL. GL will always be my fav.. even though it's gone. Y & R is just filling the void. I'd watched B & B and ATWT but got bored.

I just want to see Reva and Josh. I wish they could throw them into the mix at Y & R.

Stay warm!

#6   2010/01/09 12:30PM
    KrithanLover

I started watching ATWT because I think it gives off a feel closest to GL but I've also got hooked on Y&R too.

#7   2010/01/16 01:56PM
    pink kiity

still watching young and restless and will watch as the world
    turns unlit its ends in september miss guiding light though

#8   2010/01/16 04:57PM
    shorty1943

Quote pink kiity: still watching young and restless and will watch as the world
    turns unlit its ends in september miss guiding light though

Good to see you back, pink kitty!
    Did you have a good trip and happy holidays? I miss GL every single day at 2 pm...wonder if we will ever get to where we do not miss it like crazy and now ATWT's is next. Makes my heart hurt!

#9   2010/01/17 08:16PM
    jrtoyota

AMC I used to watch this soap with my mom. Now iam 41 years old and watching it again. lol

#10   2010/01/18 10:59AM
    JammyFan74

Hi everyone!! it's been along time since Ive checked in on the boards... Since the end of GL the only show I continue to watch is GH. It's been really good lately too. I miss Springfield USA, and was sad to learn Oakdale will be following later this year, I used to watch ATWT for many many years. It's sad to see all the Drama and Romance crumble around us for talkshows and Gameshows...UGGH
    Jammy and GL will remain in my heart and hopefully on youtube when I have a craving....Seeing our GL faves on other shows just isnt the same.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list